Keller Williams Realty Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
51.6K
Found 2,612 reviews matching the search See all 2,675 reviews
KW has education second to none! Commission only.
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 15, 2018
I love everything about the company, however I am tiring of being a commission only independent contractor. My personal problem is that I don't favor lead-generation, which is the largest requirement of being a realtor (they don't tell you this in the 72 hour course).. Without it, you can forget being a realtor. Get ready to knock on doors and make those cold calls! KW has some impeccable education however and will set you up to win. They also have success coaches and an amazing culture. I really like everyone there and the way that it is run. Agents are friendly and genuinely want to help you succeed, and so is everyone else in the office. If you don't mind generating your own leads, KW is the BOMB! Often they have lunch available at meetings too, very generous.
Pros
lunches at team meetings, flexible schedule, friendly atmosphere, nice people
Cons
generating your own leads is harder than you would have thought
Great Place to Start
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 15, 2018
Keller Williams provides great training and education for new realtors. They also have fabulous mentors who really help you push and be the best you can be but in a supportive way.
Culture is great!
Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2018
This company is the ideal company to work for if your in real estate. The culture was the first thing that was eye popping. Its diverse and the everyone is willing to help. People aren't sharks and out for themselves. Its more about the company and growing it so it can become profitable. Overall, everyone who's thinking about real estate should definitely start here to get that full training and experience of real estate.
Great Place to work and to train.
Broker NC/SC (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2018
Keller Williams offers a great training and coaching program. They also teach money management and how to have a work/life balance. As with any all commission career it is easy to lose this balance.
The Culture at KW exceeds most other work places.
Pros
Lots of people willing to help.
Cons
No healthcare or benefits in Real Estate.
KW Realtor
Realtor- Help (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 14, 2018
Great office, good location, nice co-workers, wonderful training,
Very professional, helpful, great leader. Flexible hours.
Work the whole Austin Metro area.
Real Estate at its best
Buyers Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 14, 2018
A typical day starts with prospecting for 2 hours. Setting up appointments for the afternoons and checking on homes under contract.

I have learned time management at a high level, negotiating the best prices for my clients, dealing with mortgage lenders and attorneys, and understanding that Time is of the Essence.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Always on Call
Great supporting enviroment
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 13, 2018
There is a lot of experienced people there to learn from. Everyone wants you to be successful and will help you. They have a great training and coaching program.
Pros
Great training
Cons
To far to drive for me.
I was taken by surprise by the expenses required for start up.
Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2018
I was expecting to have costs during my employment, however I was not aware of the amount of expenses or number of seperate expenses. This was omited from preemployment education; which I would suggest to be a good idea to be better prepared for the preliminary wait to create revenue time frame. I was however very impressed with the educational opportunities and the quality of education as well. I do believe based on exposure with future empty nesters in my community that I could have been happy as a broker if better financially prepared.
Pros
The quality of education
Cons
The lack of financial preparedness required for first three to six months decimination.
Listed and sold residential real estate.
REALTOR (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 12, 2018
Good training classes at office. Thsi canned classes were not taught by seasoned trainers, but rather newer agents. Good training on AZ contracts however.
Pros
Good place to learn sales.
Cons
Poor working environment and hours.
My life at KW
Principal Broker/ Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 12, 2018
I share a leadership role with an excellent support staff. I come in and reassess the calendar of events and recruiting appointments.
I find out who needs my help and what I can do to help others grow.
The culture is one of teamwork to get things done.
We take it seriously that we make a difference in peoples lives everyday. That can and does cause a fair amount of stress.
The best part of my job are my co workers and they belive we are a team and even thought we have different roles and someone has to take charge it is all about getting things accomplished for the greater good and how to show people how to run a business and fund their life.
God, Family and Business
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 11, 2018
I value the mission of Keller Williams: God, Family and Business. That resonates with me. As a single parent I need some flexibility and as a realtor I am in charge of my schedule and KW promotes my job / life balance. I shouldn't miss my children's school events. There will only be one 3rd grade Holiday concert for your kid, right?

Real estate is what you put into it. Clients don't come to you. You must brand yourself. There is quite a lot of start up cost, and not a lot of income your first year (possible two) but as you build your client base and word of mouth gets out and your friends tell others, you will be doing well.

Current climate at my office is like a family. While we each are competing for houses to sell - there is a sense of collaboration among us if you have a question, more experienced realtors will give guidance .Management is supportive. They are more focused on recruitment than retention, but when available are great supporters.
Pros
Helpful, family feeling, experienced and educated input
Cons
Excessive start up costs and low income first year
Productive and fun place to work. I highly recommend this company.
Realtor and Residential Redevelopment (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 10, 2018
Collaborative and family oriented. Keller Williams is a very supportive company. You can set your own pace and schedule and still have opportunity in the real estate industry.
Good company to work
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXAugust 10, 2018
Keller Williams is a good company to work but some office has bad coachs who do not want to help you when you are a new associate which is to hard because he/she suppose to be your best advisory.
Pros
Good meetings and training
Cons
Bad Coach
Love the culture.
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 10, 2018
Although the cap is higher than some, the support and training are valuable tools for any level real estate agent. There’s always someone willing to help with any need you may have.
Keller Williams
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 9, 2018
Keller Williams is a wonderful company!
Excellent training, culture, management.
Having the support of a team leader, a broker, and other agents in the office can be a huge boost for productivity.
Best Job I have had in this Industry
Team Leader/Broker (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDAugust 8, 2018
This was one of the best positions I have had, much training, lots of time to work with the agents and staff also to be able to take the company to a whole other level.
Pros
Culture, Pay, Training
Cons
Owners
Great Company
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Gardendale, ALAugust 8, 2018
Awesome awesome awesome company. I love the environment and the people surrounding me are always willing to help! Very helpful resources to help you be the best sales agent you can be! I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a change in careers or just looking to become a Realtor! Thank you KW!
Pros
Very helpful staff
Cons
Stressful paperwork somedays
Work Hard
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 8, 2018
The company is very competitive, however they have great incentives for those who go for gold. They do community outreach, and you are not micro managed. As a realtor this is commission as an admin assistant it is hourly.
Fun, family, friendly environment. Great location!
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2018
Such a great place to work for. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. Everyone strives to work at the best of their abilities to ensure each and every client is taken care of!
Good culture for a Real Estate Company
Realtor - Real Estate Sales (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 7, 2018
Good training, collaborative and helpful management and colleagues, fastest growing real estate company, opportunities for extra income. In a very competitive business, this company offers a good working atmosphere and lots of help when you're willing to work very hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keller Williams Realty. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight