Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,613 reviews matching the search See all 1,884 reviews
Worst job ever
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 21, 2019
This is probably the most miss managed facility out of the Kellogg’s fleet. The plant manager and HR team are trying to change the culture, but there are some Managers there that really need to leave in order for this place to be successful. If you don’t mind working every weekend then this is the place for you. If you love your family this isn’t the place for you. This is the old Keebler plant that Kellogg’s bought, they make Pop Tarts and cookies.
Pros
Great Plant Manager and HR team
Cons
Business Unit Managers
I worked through a temp agency. 3rd shift
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 19, 2019
your night's work will be depending on what station they put you. you could be in an area where things move really fast and get really hot..or you could be in an area where things are really cold and slow.
In reinvention
Global Director, Product & Consumer Science (PCS) (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 15, 2019
Good People. Business is trying to reinvent itself to address structural changes in the market. A typical day is busy and challenging. There have been several rounds of restructuring and job losses that have impacted moral.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Insecurity of restructuring
It’s fun to be a part of it all in cracker land
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2019
I really enjoy being a part of the whole process in the bakery. It’s like Charlie and the chocolate factory. Giant mixers mix 2,000lbs of dough then it is transported into an elevator. The elevator dumps the dough into a machine that thins and rolls the dough out before sending through a machine that cuts the crackers out and sends them into ovens that are as long as a football field. Once the product comes out of the ovens it goes through a series of cool down conveyor belts which allow the product to cool before going into a series of packaging machines before going onto another conveyor system running the product to shipping it is really wonderful to be a part of the heritage there as well
Pros
Being a part of the Kelloggs company (pride)
Cons
Union contracts and held raises
good company to work ofr
Maintenance Reliability Supervisor/Planner (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2019
been a great career, would like to finish up and retire, Lots of opportunity to advance within the company. Many locations to choose from. great upper management
Pros
great pay
Cons
lots of hours
Wonderful People
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 11, 2019
The Kellogg company has some wonderful people working for them. While I don't agree with all of their policies or tactics, I do believe that I gained a large number of skills at this job, and made contacts and friends for a lifetime.
fun
Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2019
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our patients. The Patient Care Assistant is to transport patients to and from the unit(s), and also provide other support services to the patients and professional staff.
Work in progress
Customer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2019
Company still does some good but not quite sure what the end goal is for the transitions taking place. Opportunities for advancement keep shrinking with every round of job cuts. Everybody is too busy putting out fires or fixing issues to take advantage of all the work life balance benefits like summer hours and time off. Always constantly working. No opportunities to make time to shadow or work with for employee growth.
Pros
Work from home, flexible schedule at times
Cons
people work around the clock. No actual break from email or phone.
Great people, poor c-suite management, poor culture
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 6, 2019
Very similar to other big CPG food companies. Was great 5yrs ago, but after ZBB culture has really eroded driving by multiple rounds of restructuring and downsizing. Kellogg's has great ambition, but is not willing to play to win, rather operates in a reactive nature and lags the competition.
Pros
people
Cons
leadership
N/a
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 5, 2019
Not good place to work at.i don't like working there no future for temps..there nothing else to say I said it all out to not managed right and they treat you bad.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
They don't hire temps.
High energy and rewarding enviroment,
Sr Director, OTC Lead KNA Retail (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 4, 2019
Normal work hours are 8am to 6pm M-F

Able to work from home, collaborative work environment, great people,

The current working model requires a great deal of work with individuals in India and Europe. Time zones and language differences can make work challenging
Pros
Excellent people and customers
Cons
Drive from Battle Creek to Grand Rapids
Creative, and stress-free at times.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Being a PT Merchandiser for Kellogg's i would head to whatever store needs to be serviced that and restock all products that were sold threw/light on the shelf. I learned how to work fast but not sloppy. I also learned how to mange my time effectively. My boss was very helpful and taught my the right way. I would have to build end caps ands display hutches. the hardest part o my job was leaving a store when there was still work needed to be done but couldn't stay there too long; 2hr max. I loved being able to make the shelf look neat.
Pros
Free Damages
Cons
Car wear and tear
Great company and great divesity
Regional Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 3, 2019
Awesome place to work. I was caught up in a 7% cut in the global workforce, otherwise I would still be working for them. Terrific company and great leadership.
Good place to work if all you are interested in is money.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2019
I learned that there are more things to consider about a job than just the amount of money you will make. Why would you want to make a lot of money and not be able to spend it or have to use your money to pay doctor's bills because you're working yourself into bad health.
Is a large CPG company with many opportunities.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 1, 2019
To be successful in today's marketplace, large companies must understand the importance of people management. This company does not and focuses on putting people in management positions that do not have the ability to manage others effectively.
workplace
Line Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2019
A very fast-paced job. At Kellogg we made cookies for Kebblers, Famous Amos, and Murray are only a few of the companies. The work environment was very warm, we were more like family. The company employed different cultures of people from around the world.
Pros
Pay was excellent
Cons
The job was in Charlotte, NC. Had to travel for an hour
Productive fun work enviroment
Full Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJanuary 28, 2019
Great time as a sales rep. I had the privliage to travel and meet different people in different areas. This is definitely a job that I would recommend.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
none to think of
A company of Corporate Mandates
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJanuary 28, 2019
Worked there for 5 years as a Manager. Worked both ends of the calendar and clock due to organizational and corporate mandates. Averaged 70 hours a week most weeks and on call nights and weekends. Endured extremes of overbearing leadership to not engaged leadership. Had three days initial training for the job and then it was best guess. Each organization was run by the corporate office. Employees were engaged, supervisors were not, managers talked the talk but could not always walk it. Support from other leaders and mangers wasn't exemplary. Held three management roles: Health and Safety, Business Security, Food Defense.
Pros
Good Management Pay
Cons
Too much Corporate oppression
it was just a short term contract
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2019
the company was undergoing a change and I got the job to just help with the changers , the where going to get rid of the workers in 6 mths some just left so there was work for 6 mths only
Pros
free cookies
Cons
just a job
It's ok..,. New job new people. Have to adjust
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2019
I really don't do reviews so hopefully I make a good impression. So Kellogg is a good company to work for. One is because their product is a necessity. Always have a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kellogg Company.

Powered by Comparably