Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Good Employers
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 24, 2018
Good employers. I enjoyed 27 years of employment. Company car and good benefits. Excellent products to sell. I was based in a great place to live. Developed great working relationships with my customers.
Pros
Great sales environment
Cons
Was laid off
Beware which location you choise.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seelyville, INJanuary 23, 2018
The location I was at, closed. They didnt follow corp policy and ran their own show.if the local plant mgr didnt like you, all they had to do was call a peer at corporate and slow your checks down while you are on disability, trying to squeeze you.
Pros
Pay
fast paced great people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, Ca.January 23, 2018
Kellogg's was a great place to work. I learned a lot and met a lot of great people. They were very big on safety and ethics. It was a very fast paced and stressful job at times and there was never a day that went by that I did not work less than 12 hours and we were salary and did not get paid for over time.The pay was great and the benefits exceptional. Unfortunately they changed their business plan and laid off all of their sales and merchandising staff nation wide.It was very sad that a big company like that would leave so many people jobless,however they did compensate us with a severance package.
Pros
great pay and benefits, awesome co-workers
Cons
very stressful job, they were always changing and laying people off.
machine operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rossville, TNJanuary 22, 2018
The production is quick pace. You learn plenty of skills, fast, ability to multi test, strong problem solving skill. Ability to work with others and in team group. You get communication skills, oral and written skills. Have to be able to work overtime as needed. Working at kellogg's it's okay. I liked that I had a okay job, with good pay and benefits.
Best job I ever had.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 22, 2018
Kellogg's was the best job I ever had by far. Good benefits, good work environment, great pay and the people were like family. Hourly and management worked well together. If it wasn't for the recession I'd still be there.
Pros
Catered lunches, clean enviroment and easy going people to work with.
Cons
Long hours.
unpredictable
Level II Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 22, 2018
Salary decent, new employees receive few benefits as compared to older workers.

Management very unpredictable, do not care very much for employees, more about making the company money.

Job security-you never feel secure
Cons
swing shifts
Provided all the necessary tools to get your job done effectively.
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 21, 2018
Great place to work and I didn't want it to end.The management team was always helpful and attentive to the employees needs.My coworkers were great to work with and everyone seemed to care about doing a good job.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
The long days sometimes.
Time efficient and productive place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2018
My typical work day,would start early oin the morning as I would drive to first of many vendors to stock Kellogg's merchandise. I would obeserve their current inventory then restock what was necessary, I would update my manager on my progess throughtout the day I learned My managers were fair and communicated well with me. The work place culture is to be courteous and efficient this job was not difficult to complete ..I liked the freedom of being able to go to different locations everyday and meet people
Pros
Managers being fair.
Merchandiser.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 18, 2018
As the merchandiser you had to install an application to your phone to receive your schedule. This included the stores, location, how long it would take you at each location and all the tasks at hand. This app was not that user friendly and was not a stable app. You would also use another app to record and log your time. This app was not user friendly either. The task at hand such as, building displays, building end-caps,stocking the product and communicating with store management was straight forward and easy.
Work you to muchw
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2018
Don’t apply if you have or want a life they work you everyday 12 hours a day. The only thing they care about is cookie production. Your life don’t matter there.
Pros
Will call you when you leaving to stay an extra 4 hours no warning or lead way
The best
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2018
The best work place I've ever worked in and i can honestly say whenever i needed help with something my lead was always there to help me through anything
Account Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoy working for Kellogg's. The pay and benefits are good. The work/life balance is not bad. I don't agree with the way they promote individuals...
Diversity
Senior Director, R&D, Asia Pacific region (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 17, 2018
The company does not support diversity and multicultural beliefs. Good for entry level R&D but career advancement is limited if you are not a white male or female.
Production/ machine operator
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Poor management terrible communication was told after a certain amount of ppl hired we will get our upgraded to full pay that haven’t happened yet . Just
Pros
Home work life
Cons
Pay
Started out as a great company to work for but last five years customer service and employee relations went down considerably
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2018
Most enjoyable part was working with customers and my peers.I was able to develop some great business relations with my customers that I am sure will continue.
Servicio al Cliente (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRJanuary 15, 2018
It was really interesting working with then. I had the oportunity to work for a really big company and promote their pructuct. I was the person that works in the supermarket giving food to people so they can test them and buy the product.
Productive organized business
MACHINE OPERATOR/RELIEF (Former Employee) –  Rossville, TNJanuary 14, 2018
A great place to build new relationship with professional people who really care about their work. The company provides good benefits and other opportunities within the company.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 14, 2018
It was a part time job. Loading & unloading merchandise onto the shelves and sales floor. Merchandising sale items in strategic places for the best sale opportunities.
good job
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2018
like the way they operate. its a fast pace job and its very hot. the most enjoyable part about the job was, it dont take long to get in the job because its a temp to hire
Very fast paced and in different atmospheres
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 10, 2018
being in the way of customers. I enjoyed organizing and straightening products and making sure that the products were available. The flexibility was very nice and conforming to multiple peoples schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight