Kelly Auto Group Employee Reviews

Kelly Auto Group in Massachusetts Provides A Career - Not Just A Job
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 11, 2019
From the moment I began working for the Kelly Automotive Group in Massachusetts, I knew I would have an opportunity for a career, not just a job. And that is what many people are looking for when coming into the automotive industry.

Kelly Auto management from the top down is tremendous. The growth potential for both the automotive group and the employees is above and beyond what most industries offer, and you'll quickly learn more about the auto industry than you ever thought possible, which comes in handy if you ever plan on purchasing a vehicle for yourself.

Kelly Automotive's CEO Brian Kelly is not an absentee owner. He's very much involved and takes pride in seeing his employees grow over their careers. His father Roland began the business and Mr. Kelly has continued to work hard to make the company what it has become today.

Overall, I enjoy working every day at this job and couldn't ask for a better career for myself.
Simply. The. Best.
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 10, 2019
The Best Job Ever

I have the incredible experience of working with Kelly and I cannot stress enough how it has impacted my life… for the better. Having a trade that I can take with me anywhere in the world as well as a perspective of work experience work and life culture and lifelong friends will always be at the top of the list.

Working at Kelly is a great experience. Work never feels like work because I love what I do. The job is always electric, although others may say crazy. I say electric because the experience is… exhilarating.

The management is great and they aren never above doing what they asked of their employees.

The benefits and pay were AMAZING!!!!!!

Working for a company with a brand such as Kelly and experience to match that brand makes me want to stay forever.

I am thankful for the opportunity that I am given!
Poorly Managed Place
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 10, 2019
Almost no work, too many techs for the amount of work being brought in. Manager is afraid to bring in more work. Management needs to bring attention to the shop.
Great work/life balance
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 28, 2019
They truly care about their employees and are always willing to listen to any questions and/or concerns. They will make sure we are well-taken care of. The work-life balance is great and if you do well at your job, there is always room for growth. Would definitely recommend to a friend.
Pros
Work life balance
Sounds great, it is not
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAMay 21, 2019
No opportunity for advancement
Promised 60-120k in reality you are lucky to obtain 35k
bad training no hands on, follow the computer based lessons
Management is less than helpful after your first 4 weeks
They mess with your pay you are not allowed to clock in even if the managers who control the time clock are not present. (LATE)
Awful
Service (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 27, 2019
awful place to work, hence why they can never keep service advisor other than the two that are already there. Maybe they will wake up and see the obvious because it could be a good place to work
Cons
long days
dealership life
TECHNICIAN / CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAFebruary 22, 2019
great place to work . multiple dealerships very fast paced . company parties and bonuses . worked in both shop and service department . always well structured and organized
Great place
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 30, 2017
No complaints about Kelly Auto Group. Traditional automotive environment and culture. People there are great and easy to get along with. I would work there again given the opportunity.
Pros
Car business done the right way
Cons
none to speak of
It's an ok place to work
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJuly 5, 2017
Taught me a lot. I've learned that other dealerships do it work like Kelly dealerships do. The BDCs are barely controlled chaos and no one monitors what anyone does.
Pros
Structure
Cons
Some management issues.
Chock Full of Good People
Sales\Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Emmaus, PAJune 25, 2016
This company has amazing people working for them! Good, stand up people that are amazing at sales. Until it's not very busy, then you see all the bad come out of the woodwork! Watch your back, this is not competition, it's a blood sport! One bad month and you could be fired! In less than one year, I was #2 on the totem pole out of 12! There should be a revolving door here. They fire people like it means nothing, some after 10 years of working together because of one deal gone bed!
Pros
Uncapped commission
Cons
Zero work/life balance
Porter/Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 27, 2015
A typical day at work is me driving the different new &n used cars. I learned data entry, how to have a car looking presentable to the customers and keeping everything ready.The hardest part is when everybody buying or test driving a car. The most enjoyable I drove a lot of different cars.
decent
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MANovember 3, 2015
good company, pay decent, needs outside consulting to help it grow
excellent company theh kellys are great people...............
the schedule is long and pay never increases but the pain does as always
just a workplace - nothing like fun accompaniments
Auto Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Emmaus, PAJune 11, 2015
Long, 9am to 9pm days twice per week. 11 to 9 one other. others are two other days are 10 hours each. I learned I want to be happy at a rewarding and challenging job
Pros
no pros
Cons
read above
Porter/Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 21, 2013
Easy work just wasn't any people buying as many cars. Fun driving different kinds of cars.
Fast paced
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Emmaus, PAJanuary 6, 2013
The typical day is very fast paced always learn something new .I have learned I love to learn new things .As a manager of others I'am still a team player. I work very efficently and always up for a challenge .I'am a very creative problem solver,with listening skills .The most enjoyable part is knowing I helped someone.
Good place to work.
Internet Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 20, 2012
I like being an internet manager there. The person I worked for was wonderful. The employees are great. I miss it in a way.
Pros
lots of different cars to sell
Cons
management not honest with employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.