Kelly Educational Staffing Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very cool place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2018
Its very flexible for me. And they never bother me on a registered break day or hiatus. Plus, I get to travel all around the county, but not extremely far, to work with some very distinguished kids in our community!
Extremely flexible, variable work environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2018
Very flexible, easy to work around school, alternate work, other significant activities. One can choose where they wish to work and with a desired age range.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Little to no work during summer vacation period
Work when you want
Educational Sub. (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2018
I was a custodian and cleaned the buildings
I prepped, prepared, and served food.
I was also a sub for all the teachers in the Shelby county school system.
The definition of a great job.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 13, 2018
You built your own schedule and worked with whatever assignments where given to you. Not a whole ton of benefits however at the time i was young and that was not a priority.
good temporary job
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 13, 2018
I substitute taught for KES when I was staying at home with my daughter as a baby. It was a very flexible temporary job, easy to schedule shifts. The schools were welcoming to us as subs.
Pros
flexible
Cons
cannot think of any
No Benefits or Full-time positions
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 12, 2018
Working as a substitute teacher in Henry County is not very profitable. I simply needed a little spending money and didn't want to work full time, this is the case with most of the subs in this county.
Time efficient
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 11, 2018
Its great for a job that you don't know when your availability will be. I live a sporadic life and you are able to work when you can and when you want to. You sign up for jobs as late as that morning and do not have to work when you do not want to.
Good conditions
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2018
Good company to work for good supervisor good teachers students where we'll behaved.Every assignment had work prepared and teacher support was always around
I like the work experience I am getting at Kelly Educational.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 11, 2018
I like interacting with the children. I enjoy teaching them. I have a four year degree in Criminal Justice, and to become a full-time teacher, I would need to go back to school. With my current lifestyle, I need to find a job.

A typical work day at Kelly is to manage your classroom. As well as thinking of creative ways to teach the students. I have learned that it is not an easy task since so many individuals are on different levels of learning. I think one of the hardest chores for me, is trying to find time to individually assist someone who really needs individual attention with their learning. The most enjoyable part is when a student understands the way I am explaining a subject matter, and their eyes seem to "light up", in response to indicating to me that they understand it, and are excited.
Pros
I really enjoy it when I may try a few ways to teach math, and when a student acknowledges that they understand.
Cons
Kelly will give bonuses if you work full hours as needed, but being there several years still will not increase base pay.
Excellent
Susbstitue Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough County, FLJune 11, 2018
excellent - going on my fourth year and I feel I grow to be a better teacher each year. I love my job and do not intend to leave it. It is a job I could do for the long term.
Pros
get to have a lunch breatk daily
Cons
productive, fun working with different groups of people
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2018
Typical day at work varies from time to time. Everyday is different and you learn something new each day. The staff that you encounter are very resourceful and always willing to help.
Pros
long term assignments make a good penny
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits....
The hiring staff in Connecticut have a bad chip on their shoulder.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 9, 2018
My experience with the hiring staff in Connecticut was extremely negative and poor. When I reached out to the corporate office to resolve the issue they did not return my phone call. They make the hiring process stressful because they have deadlines that are not mentioned any where. Since I worked with this company before and had a good record I think they should have considered my experience. Instead they just decided not to hire me because I missed sending one piece of the documents to them. Their attitude was poor and now I have to suffer for their negligence.
Pros
There are no pros at this point.
Cons
No further agency is available in Connecticut.
Easy work on your own time
Substitute (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALJune 9, 2018
I liked working for Kelly educational staffing. It was nice to pick which days, and which schools I wanted to work with. Also, it's a great opportunity to get to know some of the staff at the schools, so when a full time position becomes open, they will consider you above other applicants since they already know you.
Pros
Good hours, flexible
Cons
Minimum pay
Great job opportunity
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 8, 2018
Substitute teaching allows you to set your own schedule, pick schools close to home and select grade levels you are comfortable working with. Monday through Friday and you seldom have bus duty!
Pros
Make extra income
Cons
Some kids can be quite challenging
Working at various schools interesting
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 7, 2018
Following the lesson plans the teacher left for you.
Children go through many changes as they mature.
Time management important.
Set a good example.
Problem students.
Enriching lives.
Straight forward
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  York, SCJune 6, 2018
Kelly services provided a network to work in the York County public school system. Kelly services was very supportive and direct with employment opportunities. Teachers could request you to substitute for them through Kelly services.
Pros
Choose which days and what schools to work via scheduling.
Cons
Work was limited during some times of the year.
Lowest paid position I have ever taken
Substitute Teacher / Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 6, 2018
The hours are great but the pay is horrible. Takes a day's work for a tank of gas or a meal in a restaurant. Often times it is cheaper to stay at home than accept a job. Teachers and substitutes are leaving and absence frequently because of the low wages. Worse thing I have ever seen. The wages are a reminiscence of the depression era.
Empleo temporero
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256June 6, 2018
Trabajé en diversas escuelas de Jacksonville, Florida.
Pros
Diversidad de Escuelas y niveles
Great Job
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2018
This is a great introductory job for the field of education/teaching. There are many schools to choose from and the staff was helpful. Pay was good too.
Management cares about the employees.There are a variety of assignments daily.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 5, 2018
There are a variety of daily teaching assignments, available on a daily basis. The schedules are flexible enough, to accommodate employees' unavailable days.
Pros
Opportunities for a variety of locales and grade levels for substitute teaching.