Kelly Educational Staffing Employee Reviews

Good job for one who does not need benefits
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNSeptember 7, 2018
This is a great job for people in transition or for people who do not want to commit to any certain job. The work is available when you want it, and you can take it or leave it. The pay is ok for what the job is.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay no benefits
The staffing agency was convenient.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Polk County, FLSeptember 6, 2018
The agency has an upgraded online software in which, each employee have access. The software allows each employee to search and schedule and accept jobs within 24hrs.
Pros
Flexiability
Cons
No paid holidays
I don't like if your are active with Kelly Educational Staffing, you can't be active on the commercial side.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 4, 2018
I have been a substitute teacher since 10/2016 under Kelly's Services. One of the most enjoyable parts of my employment is the children and noticing the various learning skills. We have to adhere to Kelly's Educational Staffing and the different district policies. I enjoy the opportunity of selecting the schools and the days I choose to work. I believe children are a gift from God and when they are not taken care of adequately, it's disappointing.
Temporary Work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lakeland BranchAugust 31, 2018
As a substitute teacher, it's hard to rate the agency since your work is at schools with different class levels and topics. There's no much I can say about the agency management since I barely have a conversation with them after the training.
The role as a sub is mostly easy when permanent teachers leave you with all the materials. In a normal day basis under this circumstances, your biggest concern would be to keep the kids in a safely environment managing the classroom behavior. But, there can be occasions that (for emergency or other reasons) you arrive into a classroom without lesson plans or materials for the day. This are the hardest ones. Because of this, I started to carry on my own bag with materials, including sharpener, pencils, reading books, etc. This is a must if you plan to stay as a Sub for more than a couple of days.
Pros
Flexible schedule, you choose the school and assignments that you like.
Cons
Hard to guess where you are going when you don't know the school or admins, Sometimes you don't have break because in some schools the teachers have to lunch in students table.
Work Day
Sub Teacher (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAAugust 29, 2018
Arrive at assignment of the school check in with office and put your mind to work you will have a good day Your day may be busy with classes and moving to different rooms but knowig you are helping the (students) learn is rewarding
Pros
Meeing students and people wanting to help
Easy going
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAAugust 29, 2018
I was hired to work as a support staff as needed at different schools in my district. I had plenty of jobs to choose from on my schedule. They were always thanking me for my time.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No Cons
Good gig for part-time work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 28, 2018
I have worked with Kelly Educational as a substitute teacher for over 10 years now. The office staff is always friendly and helpful, even if I need to cancel an assignment last minute.
not the best place to work
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  New London, CTAugust 28, 2018
not the best place to work. offers some flexibility, though - one works according to one's schedule . kelly educational staffing offers good training.could have a more reasonable pay.
I enjoyed working with Kelly Educational Staffing
Senior Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 25, 2018
I enjoyed working with Kelly Educational Staffing. The managers were both very kind and I really enjoyed my role and duties. I had the opportunity to learn and grow, and was able to advance during my time there.
Kept me busy.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 25, 2018
Kept me busy and working many long term jobs. Good management. It has been many years since I have worked for them I have heard that they are more surface oriented than they used to be.
Pros
You will be as busy as you want to be.
Cons
Keeping track of the hours worked.
Flexible and Interesting
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTAugust 23, 2018
If you want to consider teaching, this is a great way to dip your toe into that world before you get certified. There were challenges, but it was also very rewarding. Even though I didn't end up going into teaching ultimately, I was very pleased with this experience and think anyone who isn't sure if they want to be a teacher should try this first, with the caveat that being a regular teacher is a bit more stable day-to-day, but this gives you a good taste.
Great way to get your foot in the door if you want to teach.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough County, FLAugust 21, 2018
Pros:
Flexible Scheduling
Professional and helpful staff
Get to try before you buy and find out if teaching or a specific school is for you.

Cons:
Very low pay
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Low pay
Reliable Substitute Company
K-12 Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2018
I have worked for Kelly, for about two years now, about to enter my third. They are a well-managed company. Subs are treated with respect. We work very often, and through them, I have gotten a long-term assignment. They expect you to be very professional; on-time etc, and will call you if you slack on that.
Highly Recommend Kelly Educational Staffing
Subsitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham ALAugust 18, 2018
I liked working for Kelly. Everyone was friendly and went beyond to do anything you ask of them. The hardest part of the job was being scheduled to work, getting sick, and having to call off from work. This is a wonderful place to work to see if teaching or working in a school system is what you want to do.
Pros
Very helpful
Cons
No cons it is a wonderful place to work
Work at your own pace
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 18, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Kelly Educational Staffing. Very rarely do I need to talk to my boss, but they are available if need be. I manage my own schedule, pick the schools, grades, and subjects that I want, and can call in and cancel as short notice as 7 pm the night before the assignment. Sometimes assignments are hard to get, especially at the beginning of the year and right after holiday breaks. I would like to become a teacher, and It has been a great way for me to discover where I fit in best.
Pros
Flexibility, Set your own hours
Cons
No jobs during the summer or on holiday breaks....great if you have kids...bad if you need the money
Taught children
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNAugust 16, 2018
I taught children according to the work the teachers would leave for me. I monitored them as the played or went to assemblies. It wasn't a reliable job because it was an as needed job.
Excellent
SNP WORKER (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for Kelly Educational Staffing. Fast paced environment made the day go quickly. Standing was the only issue I had at times. I worked with a great staff and love with kids!
Pros
short days and no weekends!
Cons
temp no benefits and low pay
Choose the schools you want to substitute in and
STAFF & STUDENT SUPPORT (LONG-TERM) (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 14, 2018
You can choose your preferred school to substitute teach. School staff are nice and will direct you where you need to go and what you need to do. Make sure you have lots of patience and high tolerance level when working with children and teenagers.
Worse than fast food
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2018
Kelly Educational services is like being part of a pyramid scheme. As a substitute you are the lowest man on the totem pole and will be treated as such. Jobs are not dispersed fairly and they allow the schools to treat you any kind of way without any support.
Pros
Flexibility to work when you want
Cons
low pay, no support, no benefits
Great company
Support Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2018
I just need a full time job. We are off for the summer when the children are out of school and it takes forever to recieve unemployment. I need more hours
Pros
Off when my daughter is out of school

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Educational Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.