Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Found 11,666 reviews matching the search See all 12,681 reviews
I would recommend with some warnings
iOS Advisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 30, 2018
I loved working from home and my peers along with my customers. I found that management was not honest and were very manipulative. I understand that they need to meet there goals so they want people to move to other areas but when their jobs could be on the line months after the truth should be told. I was a dedicated top performer for the entire 5 year period that I worked with Kelly services and when I gave my two week notice they made me feel like I couldn't leave fast enough. I was committed to helping with an incoming group of supervisors that I was mentoring my last week and did not want to let them down, but the person from HR tried to convince me to just make the day I gave my notice be my last.
Pros
work from home, competitive pay, 5 days pto
Cons
weekend/eveing schedule, working holidays, dishonest management, no job security
Most of the questions did not apply to me
Senior Operations Analyst and Assistant PMP (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PANovember 26, 2018
I was contracted by Kelly Services to Air Products so I don't know about Kelly internal like job culture, management, job security or compensation. while I was contracted at Air Products I never spoke to anyone from Kelly. I got a lot of emails but we never spoke and when Air Products announce they were laying us off know one from Kelly ever called to see if I needed new job placement.
Pros
Were able to get me into Air Products quickly
Cons
not up to speed on employment status
Keep Going, next!
Apple Itunes W@H (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 31, 2018
I was hired at W@H with Kelly Services. I went through required training and was already taking live calls with clients.
Next thing I know i was locked out of the system and asked to return my equipment - my employment had been ended.

As a single mom trying to keep my head above water - this is devastating.

I returned equipment as required and requested i was told in 6 months that i could reapply.

After 6 months, i tried to reapply for a different position. I received the interview request, interview date was set. On the morning of the interview, i had received a voicemail that interview had been cancelled due to me working for them before.

Some of the applicants started out at 14.00/hr when the advertised salary was 13/hr to start.

Kelly Services, will never again get the opportunity to work with me.

I'm disappointed and disgusted at the same time.

Don't give them your time, you will be rolled over.
Pros
wages promised
Cons
No work life balance, fine print, not good to employees.
Nice People, lacks direction
Confidential (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedNovember 16, 2018
My role was given lots of latitude to do what was necessary, but always with the oversight of corporate...which often didn't understand the local market, but just counted the beans.
My direct manager was fantastic, but upper management made so many faux paus in my time there, I wondered why people stayed...got well below market rate for their efforts...and no flexibility at all...for a 2% annual raise. Yikes!!
Pros
steady, good benefits
Cons
Low compensation, poor upper management
Enjoyable and Enlightening experience
Temporary Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 27, 2018
A typical day at Kelly Services included waiting for entry level jobs to be arranged for me to perform as needed.

I learned to be dependable an adaptable to whatever type of work they provided for me. Management was fair and professional and gave me insight on whatever jobs I was to be partaking in at the time.

The workplace culture was very positive and gave temporary work to those willing to partake and perform the tasks necessary.

The hardest part of the job was the unstable nature of part-time and temporary work

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to try my hand at different and various positions that I had not been able to acquire prior to working for Kelly Services.
Remote position makes the job desirable.
Apple Senior Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 7, 2019
Kelly Services is a great way to start a career path, the variety of positions and disciplines makes it ideal for someone who needs experience in diverse fields.
Pros
Great culture, compensation is adequate, excellent training.
Cons
It's a great starter job, it does not easily lend itself to highly specialized career advancement.
Liked the job - disliked the company
Tier 2 iOS / watchOS / MAC+ Sr Advisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Job is gratifying as working w/your customers and helping them until resolution is satisfying. Kelly management needs work to put it mildly. Position is metrics driven, which is in itself is great however CSATS can affect your position even when it isn't your fault - Kelly doesn't flex this rule even if the circumstances show it is out of your control. You feel like the company works against you and not with you. Always in fear of losing your job. Attrition is very high so axing employee's isn't uncommon. Training is minimal but not effective. Management has a disconnect w/ advisors - the culture is a very us vs them mentality.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
poor management, poor training, poor company culture
no benefits and underpaid
Apple T1 iOS/ iTunes Store Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 18, 2018
Doesn't pay what they should probably not because they don't want to but because they're an vender company. Kelly has great room for advancement and you can advance somewhat quick. There are no benefits or time off however they are very flexible with attendance.
Pros
Flexibility, work at home, management
Cons
benefits, pay, time off
A lot of waiting to change drum and other chemicals.
Chemical technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 4, 2019
a typical day at work would be arrive spend 30 minutes passing down what the previos shift has accomplished then start doing rounds. after I check all the machines usually a load arrives and would begin putting it away according to the next lot list then just wait to change chemical drums totes and wait to replaced filters.
Pros
breakfast and lunch break long weekends
Cons
no path for advancement, no raises, prejudice felt bewteen blue badge and green badge employees, lots of down time
Worked various business industries at many locations. I enjoyed the work experience I got and most of the people I worked with.
Medical Clerical Administrative Legal Roles (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOSeptember 22, 2018
Kelly Services gave me an opportunity to work in various different types of businesses all with in a business office setting. I work for United Van Lines, Maritz (in several areas from CEO/upper management offices to mail room/receiving), Chrysler, dental offices, doctor offices, Enterprise call center, St. Anthony's surgical center, Bauch and Lomb with the chemist and office personal, insurance companies, Lambert Airport I was HR for them, banking too, just to mention a few.
When I in need of knowing a special program or app. I was offered and got the training to do the assignment. They knew I was always willing to learn new things.
I
Pros
Learned new skills. Completed all assignment with high regards.
Cons
Benefits and not permanent.
Very valuable and essential service organization in the economy especially the teaching profession.
Substitue Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2018
Kelly services who is maybe the longest operating and world wide Temp Service organization is contracted by serveral school boards and districts to recruit and deploy Substitute Teachers. They do a very good job and provide awards and incentives for persons across the professional spectrum from new college graduates seeking permament employment to persons between careers and retirees who still desire to give back.
Pros
Create a collegate of support to the very often overworked and underpaid fultime teachers
Cons
Wish it provided some health benefits to those whostay in longer than 3 months.
Management change
Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Kelly Services for several years. When they changed the upper management, the expectations changed and I no longer felt heard or seen and cared about as an employee. Upper management was not flexible with my schedule upon return from maternity leave and even tried to deny my vacation request that was owed to me. The last straw was when they refused to let me use my vacation before the end of the year even though they had a "use it or lose it" policy. They would not agree to pay me out for the unused vacation either. I really felt slighted because I had been there for years and always worked hard and stayed until the job was done. Their lack of flexibility in providing my rightful benefits screamed to me "WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU". It was a blessing that another opportunity was given to me by another company shortly following this incident. Other changes management wanted to implement was the requirement to meet sales quotas which we had never been trained for.
Work From Home Pros & Cons
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 14, 2018
Great if you like working from home. Everything is paid for and each week you get a check plus benefits. Unfortunately your wages are not the best. Your job security is not guaranteed. Customers are allowed to be absusvie and unreasonable ad any compliant they have counts against you; no matter how unreasonable their complaints are. Easy to lose your job because of bad surveys even when you are following the company's policy's and procedures. No discounts from Apple because you are considered a temp. If you don't need a lot of money, love working from home, and can handle abusive or unreasonable customer expectations then this is the job for you.
Pros
Work from Home, All Equipment Provided, Steady Pay
Cons
Low Pay, & Little Job Security
Temporary employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYOctober 4, 2018
Can't comment as I have not had enough experience with this group. I have had 2 short assignments that occurred 8 months ago and I have not had placements since that time.
Pros
Kelly management locally is very good and helpful to communicate with.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no job security, banks do not view a temp job as secure and will not lend to you with that basis for income.
Job Experience
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 23, 2018
Kelly Services is a great job for any undergraduate student seeking experience in the education field, or recent college graduate that is seeking employment with a company that is very flexible. A typical day working with Kelly Services is, the employee wakes up, you log onto Frontline, and accept an assignment at any K-12 school. You can work a minimum of 3 days a week starting off I believe, and you can do this job while working another job as well. It's also very good in the sense that your job doesn't require much, but for you to oversee grade school students.
Pros
Flexible schedule, nice work environment
Cons
No pay raises, no paid time off, no career advancement
A good overall place to work
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 25, 2018
For my assignment, I logged in and waited for inbound calls. There was also additional work that could be done using other systems. The culture there was a bit clique-ish, and it can be difficult to get along with some co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with personality issues on the assignment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was their proximity to places to eat and they were willing to assign you time off if you needed.
Pros
Pleasant environment, you know what was expected
Cons
Personality conflicts, management was not always approachable
A professional temp agency.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 19, 2018
I worked for Kelly Services more than 3 years ago. They are a temp agency with a variety of professional placements. They work to get you into a good fit for you and work as an advocate for you if the placement isn't working out. That being said, to them attendance is more important than your health. They will work with you on a limited basis but it is very limited. That was more than 3 years ago so they may have better management and job security options now.
Pros
Paid weekly, and flexible with placements
Cons
Poor management and health policy
worst company ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 13, 2018
Rotten corporate culture and very cheap company. The worst company I've ever worked for. Get a temp to perm job through Kelly but never work for them directly if you value your career.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, salary
Recruiting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 14, 2018
I worked as a Recruiting Administrator for Kelly for several months and here's what I learned:

Training is self-paced, but implemented immediately, meaning that you don't get much time to practice before you're actually doing the work.

There are no training programs for my position, I shadowed and asked a lot of questions.

Vacation and sick days are paid, however, management is not very understanding if anything is unplanned. When I crashed my car after hydroplaning and said I could not make it to work one day. I was told to get an Uber ($40) each day to and from work.

Great company but not the one for me.
Pros
Tons of benefits, great atmosphere, decent pay
Cons
No comprehensive training, lots of pressure, management is distant at times
Horrible upper management in some departments
Financial Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 28, 2018
Kelly Services gives people a great opportunity to learn recruiting and account management skill, but support from management is lacking. I enjoyed the manager(s) I had, but upper management does not invest in the growing markets and refuses to hire more employees when someone leaves. Employees were stretched so thin with little guidance, they eventually all started to leave. It got harder and harder working there when it should have gotten easier and easier as you became better at your job.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K
43.8K
32.6K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss