Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Found 12,413 reviews matching the search See all 13,495 reviews
Featured review
Kelly Services selected this as a representative review
Review of Kelly Services
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Munford, TNJanuary 22, 2019
Everyone that I have come across at Kelly Services have really been amazing. These people are very helpful and understanding. They really do make things alot easier.
This was a great temporary job for me, I was a new mom and I picked what days Iwanted to work.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 19, 2019
This is a perfect part-time job for people wanting to make money and not be so stressed. If your a parent its great because your off when your kids are out of school. Perfect for older people wanting to get out and work a few days a week.
Very good place to be hired for
Packager/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 19, 2019
Kelly services have very good and flexible people to work for, and they'll help you find what job you need weather it's a part time job or a full time job.
Excellent
Production Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2019
Kelly services is an excellent job placement service. I was hired to work within 3 weeks of my application. The staff and management are excellent..
Easy schedule and not too demanding
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 19, 2019
I worked here for a little over a year while I was finishing my teaching license requirements. It's a great job to get teaching experience, especially for classroom management purposes. I honestly wouldn't like it long-term, mostly because it's often hard to get the kids to respect your authority (at least in high schools). It was a good interim job for my purposes.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
no benefits
Great at placement paying what is owed...not so much
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXJune 19, 2019
Kelly services was great at finding jobs I had several offers to consider within weeks.
I accepted a position that was great, good hours however EVERY PAY PERIOD they adjusted my pay removing any and all over time hours that I had worked even though they were valid work hours accompanied by explanation as instructed by the supervisor. So I was losing a lot of earned income that I work for until I quit because of it.
Pros
They will put you to work quickly
Cons
They Didn't pay for over time worked.
Mislead to Believe a Job Was Something it Wasn't
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJune 19, 2019
Hired through Kelly at Baxter in Round lake as a Produciton Associate and was told that there would be opporitunities for over-time if desired. Was told that communication with my Kelly rep on site would be smooth and she'd follow up immediately.

One: They force you to do overtime every single night you aren't in training, and if you don't accept the overtime you get a half point. If you get 3 pts as a contractor you get let go. This forces you to work a shift of about 10 to 12 hours almost every night. 2nd shift is 3:30pm to Midnight, but expect to be there until 2:30 am Most nights.

Two: Communication with the rep at the ROUND LAKE location is a joke at best. She says her preferred contact is email however she won't reply to you at all. Not until you threaten to setup face to face time...

Three: NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. I was given a point and a half for not staying the mandated overtime and taking the day off the next day for a FUNERAL. They don't care what your reason is, they will also reprimand you for it as well.

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DON"T GO THROUGH THE NIGHTMARE THAT IS THIS CONTRACT AND COMPANIES!
Pros
Location was close to my house
Cons
Short Breaks, Long unforgiving hours, No Work Life balance, Poor Communication, no potiential to grow beyond a few equally low paying positons with the same issues
Good job placement and easy application process
Continuous Cooker & Blender Operation, Utility (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 19, 2019
Very good temporary agency, decent pay with paychecks arriving in a timely manner. Helpful, friendly staff. Filling out time sheets is pretty easy. Provide good information as it is relates to companies they represent.
Pros
Easy to enter time for getting paid
Cons
Temporary Agency
Very busy environment
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 19, 2019
When work is available they strive to assign you to a company that meets your needs. There are time when the company goes through a dry spell, so a person only needs to call in once a week to check on assignments.
n/a
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 18, 2019
There isn't much to say about this company, they provide qualified people with quality jobs. the staff there helps and walks you through everything needed to accomplish the task at hand.
Pros
helpful people
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun place to work
Allied Tube Machine Operator Helper (Current Employee) –  Houston TxJune 18, 2019
Company took months to call me back they found a job an job was ok just not enough people to train new employees. It takes someone forever to answer office phones
Kelly Services is well organized and efficient, but home office management seemed a little unapproachable. Management decision to close the branch.
District Manager/Branch operations (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 18, 2019
Kelly Service was struggling at the branch I acquired and had gone from the red to the black in terms of sales, but I did not receive timely notifications of clients who were behind in payments to us, costing lost opportunities to keep these clients. I had negotiated a payment schedule with a major client, but the home office turned it down and as a result closed the branch after working there only one year.
Pros
Good work environment and programs.
Cons
Pay is average for a district/branch office manager
Fun work environment, can be fast paced. Mostly a friendly people
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 18, 2019
Working with Kelly services opens up opportunity's that may otherwise prove difficult for most people to obtain.In my experience with Kelly, I believe I was given many opportunities to sharpen my skills in office work at a wide variety of places. Enough that I will have minimal trouble adjusting to any work environment regardless of the pace
Worked contract at G E oil & Gas thru Kelly Services
Admin Assistant Quality Control Dept (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJune 18, 2019
Working contract thru Kelly Services at GE Oil and Gas as a documentation specialist in the Quality Control Department. Enjoyed working thru Kelly as it allowed for flexibility in hours.
Great workplace with friendly and helpful staff!
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Pawleys Island, SCJune 18, 2019
I loved working as a substitute teacher for Kelly Services! It has been the most rewarding job I have ever been blessed enough to be a part of! They were always on top of keeping me working and working around my schedule!
Not able to give an accurate review
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJune 18, 2019
I haven't worked for Kelly services in over 26 years, so I am unable to give an accurate review. But since I cannot skip this step, here you go!
I enjoyed working for the agency at that point.
Very productive
Toyoda Gosei (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSJune 17, 2019
The work was very good and I learned very quickly. I did very well at both jobs. Both managers were pleased with how I did my work. I ran my on line the last night I worked there.
Don't work at Thermo fisher for them. Fast Past and a bad place to work
Post Production Inspection (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 17, 2019
It is a 12 hr shift on a rotating schedule so one week you work mon and tue then fri-sun then next week you only work wed and thur. inspection is a terrible job to work there they expect a almost kill yourself work load then if you mess up once your gone. in the 3 months i worked there they had brought and got rid of 20 temps ninety percent of them quite after a week of starting.
no structure
HR Generalist, Senior Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 17, 2019
working in a branch with no manager, 1 recruiter performing all aspects of staffing (admin, payroll, recruiter, operations & manager). Learned to focus on getting orders filled ASAP, putting out daily fires for payroll, handling walk-ins, answering phones by 2nd ring & running a branch with no guidance. I enjoyed my co-workers when our office was full & busy
Fun Meeting new People
Accounting Contractor - MAS500 Software (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2019
Every time I am placed with a new position I am allowed to meet new friends. A growing friend base can only bring good things to light. be happy to increase your friend base.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
No place to call home
Ok place
Janitorial & Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2019
Jobs that are temp to hire are everywhere in St. Louis but you might only want to work in a area of St. Louis. If you want to get a temp to hire go to a different temp service company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job availability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.

55K
44K
32.8K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kelly Services.

Powered by Comparably