Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Found 12,283 reviews matching the search See all 13,358 reviews
Featured review
Kelly Services selected this as a representative review
Review of Kelly Services
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Munford, TNJanuary 22, 2019
Everyone that I have come across at Kelly Services have really been amazing. These people are very helpful and understanding. They really do make things alot easier.
Wonderful
Shadowing Student (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 24, 2019
They pay great there understanding they definitely got a loyal Worker for years to come they allow u alot of say so an input into where u are place in your field of interest
Pros
Money an job security
Cons
Early morning an getting off at 4 or 5 if u ride the bus
Great opportunity to get your foot in the door somewhere
SETA, Personnel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 24, 2019
I have had multiple assignments through Kelly Services and they always deliver a great job. The companies usually want hire you on after you've temped with them which leads to a lot of great opportunities.
An overall pleasant experience
Tier 2 iOS technical support (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 24, 2019
Kelly Services is great about training and making sure you are prepared for your job. There are plenty of opportunities to grow within the company. There are positions in place to ensure you have the help you need. Being objective, the system in place for dealing with disgruntled customers is flawed. Understanding customer service and having being involved in the field for years, it is disheartening when the line between professionalism and pandering is crossed. Just be very careful to cross your t's and dot your i's.
This is a Staffing company
Apple Inbound Tech Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCMay 23, 2019
Good job placement with descent pay. I enjoyed working for them. The staff is friendly and reasonable. The hours were between 8 and 10 hours and the work was not too demanding but more detail oriented than anything.
Very Competitive
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 23, 2019
It's nice that you can decide when you want to work and if you don't like a specific school, classroom, or subject you don't have to go back. The problem is that it's hard to get work whether you're picky or not. It's very competitive.
Pros
Can take any days off you want
Cons
No benefits
progression
Warehouse Associate (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Gainesville flMay 23, 2019
you learn every day. the most fun part is being a team. a typical day consist of. setting up the warehouse for prep. the hardest part of the job is working as a team.
Pros
staying at a pace
Cons
missing a step
Good for learning about warehouse work
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 23, 2019
I learned a lot about working in a warehouse. The different things that you have to do and being able to keep up with the day to day operations of the job
Pros
learning
Poor hours
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMay 23, 2019
was promised 40 hr and a mon-Friday schedule.Ended working different days and averaged less than 40 hrs a week . Management was poor and pretty much non existent
Awesome place to work, especially from Home!
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 23, 2019
With the work from home position, it was great! The Team Leads were great and I liked their communication. The only con is that your job security is based on CSATs and attendance. Attendance is fine, but when you have angry customers who give a DSAT just because they're mad, it hurts your stats. Otherwise, this job is awesome!
Pros
Team Leads ooenly communicate at times
Cons
Job security based on CSATs
Good compnay
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dothan, AL 36303May 23, 2019
Good company to work for. Gave me great experience in terms of teaching and being able to manage the classroom. Which given that I was going into education was skills that I was going to need. Good place to work. Flexible. Can set your schedule too.
Work at your own pace
Teacher/Paraprofessional Sub (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 22, 2019
I like that I get to work in a bunch of different schools. I like the experience that I am getting. The only thing I wish is that I was paid a little bit more.
Great Contracting Agency
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 22, 2019
Kelly Services will hire you back as a contractor even if you were directly hired on by an employer. They believe strongly in people and taking care of them. Good company culture and well structured.
Pros
Great at finding jobs.
Cons
Pay can be a little low
Review for Kelly Services
Temporary Clerical (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2019
This a Temp Agency where I could have grown with but due to personal medical reasons I had to resign. It was a pleasure working. I would recommend them to anyone.
Substitute teaching experience, not suitable for any human
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PAMay 22, 2019
I was with Kelly for a few years as a substitute teacher, with hopes of getting a full-time position at a school around me, but that never happened.

As a substitute teacher, it's up to you to fill in for teachers who are sick or who can't come in to work. Everyone knows this. They are treated unfairly and sometimes inhumanly by students and staff alike. While the job itself isn't always too taxing, be prepared to take an emotional beating as the lowest on the totem pole.

Pay is easily the worst part of the job. It all depends on which districts you're working for and how much they pay. The districts themselves pay a decent rate (around $110-$120 per day in my area), but Kelly takes about half of that money, leaving you with something right around minimum wage.

"You get to set your own hours" is something that is often proudly stated by the company, which is technically true, but work is not always available every day, so you're lucky to work 4 days a week. Compound that with the incredibly low pay rate and you've got a job that absolutely no one can expect to live off of. I worked here right out of college (B.S. in Education), and I'm sad to say that, thanks to them, I've gone nowhere in the years I've been here.
Excellent Workplace
Labeler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 21, 2019
I have been working with Kelly Services over so many years. I have not had any problems working with them. In fact, I would recommend everyone and anyone to apply there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Temporary Employment
Provider File Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surfside, SCMay 21, 2019
The job wasn't wasn't challenging enough for me; however, it helped with the bills untill I found permanent employment. If needed, I would utilize them in the future.
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Lots of change!
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORMay 21, 2019
Called and asked if you would like to accept a position. I learned that it is not easy to be a receptionist, if you do not recognize people and there is not an accurate was to evaluate if they are in the office or not. I would also say this is the most difficult part of the job.
Pros
New people!
Cons
Lack of knowledge of place of employment.
ok place to work
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Myers, MTMay 21, 2019
kelly services was a ok place to work...could always have been better...not to much trouble there... i worked through kelly at the same facility as kenco
Great company to work for
Appointing and Authorizations Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2019
Best Temp agency I have ever worked for. They notice the candidates who go above and beyond and help them to grow. Work place culture was excellent. Learning on the job training with a 6 week training course was easy for me. I learned a ton about the healthcare industry and how the VA works for our nations veterans. Goals were easily attainable, and there was plenty of room to grow.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
only good if you are willing to be a temp all your life.
ACCESS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIMay 21, 2019
I worked as a temp for 6 years. They never gave me a raise, I often worked over 30 hours a week, never once a benefit other than a silly discount at Office Max. I am disappointed that the place that I work at, did not recognize me as someone they would want to have as permanent.
Pros
Job consistency
Cons
No Raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.

55K
44K
32.8K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight