Kelly Services Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

32.4K
Found 437 reviews matching the search See all 11,727 reviews
employment agency
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 10, 2018
sent on temporary job assignments thought out the area. lot of down time between jobs. great for getting job experience and would highly recommend for anyone.
Pros
great job experience
Cons
temporary jobs
Stressful not sure if you will have a job from day to day
HR Recruiter / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2018
Kelly Services need to restructure what working for any company should mean. Their clients are the worst ever. Kelly Service only follow the money that's paid to them, they do not follow up on their clients often short lived promises or how they are treating potential hires.
Pros
Cons
breaks, healthcare
Not bad if you need a temp job quickly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 1, 2018
I was lucky when I got this job. The first place I was placed at with Kelly Services ended up hiring me full-time after three months. I have very little long-term experience with the company, but everyone I spoke to at Kelly Services seemed to genuinely care.
Temp positions
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJuly 26, 2018
Work is as assigned by the person you report to. Many times it is basic entry level work, copying, getting supplies, sorting and distributing mail, and answering phones.
I enjoyed working with the majority of the staff. Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 17, 2018
Worked as a temp for Kelly as an Administrative Assistant to the AVP at a healthcare organization. A typical day included managing my boss's calendar in MS Outlook (scheduling and canceling appointments and meetings), composing and responding to emails, preparing expense reports, filing, processing departmental mail, document processing and management, electronic file management, assisting and updating Physician's Office Managers when needed, I learned how important the organization is to the community and it's mission and values. I admired the workplace culture in that everyone is valued and the employees worked extremely hard to make sure that patients and their families received the best healthcare available. The hardest part of my job was working directly for someone who constantly made errors but never acknowledged them and always blamed others. My request to Kelly for reassignment was ignored. The most enjoyable part of my job at the facility was working and interacting with other staff members.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
My only complaint being employee parking at the facility
Great learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 17, 2018
This was my first job working in a plant environment. I had never worked in plant. We never saw Kelly supervisor, we worked hand in hand with Dow contact/supervisor. This was a great learning experience for me.
Pros
Great Work Environmental
Cons
Contract employee fee benefits
Kelly's coordinators are helpful and attentive.
Administrative Assistant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 13, 2018
I had worked in the clerical area but the crash of 2009 impaired the available job environment. While I still remain active with the company, my current employ with Walmart curtails taking and assignment at this time.
Pros
Various assignments keep me fresh.
Cons
The wait between assignments.
Kelly Services has undergone tremendous changes in recent years due to economy.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Several locationsJuly 12, 2018
Honestly, I believe some positions were seriously underpaid. I felt that it was often just a need to fill a position with bodies. Sometimes very little information provided regarding a position's roles, experience, and responsibilities.
Varies depending on manager of location
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 11, 2018
The first few years was great, but at the current location I am working with, the manager leaves a LOT to be desired. She makes or breaks you even getting to be interviewed for a job you are completely prepared for.
Cons
Lots of back stabbing by management
great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 28, 2018
Kelly services help get the training and experience I needed even though I was a temp they treating as if I was a full time employee If you need a way to get your foot in the door Kelly is the way
Pros
great corporate events
Kelley was a temporary agency.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 26, 2018
I worked at various companies in various positions as they were available. I liked my coordinator. He would give me available jobs when they came available and placed me where I was needed most. the hardest part of the job was not having enough job assignments as companies weren't using very many temps and the best part was working a variety of jobs and with a variety of people.
Pros
variety of jobs so I never was bored
Cons
Not having enough assignments to allow my income to sustain me.
Excellent Employer
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2018
Employer works well in matching an assignment to a employee's needs. I also enjoyed training for different computer programs that enable me to complete my assignment with efficiency.
Positive experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 18, 2018
I worked on a three-year contract with Kelly Services. During that time I went from having an on-site representative to going to someone remote, and then that contact person changed twice after that. I have no complaints about the pay or the hours. I had a good working relationship with the client so that helped. I was able to take unpaid time off when I needed it (just had to clear it with the client,) but the lack of paid vacation, sick and bereavement time made things difficult. I was also disappointed with the lack of followup at the end of my contract: Kelly did not seem very interested in helping me to find another position even though I'd just successfully turned a six-month contract into three years without a single complaint from the client. Instead of talking to any of the recruiters, I was told to just keep checking the web site for positions.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
no PTO, no benefits, reps could be more communicative
My Productive Day
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I (Current Employee) –  Bishopville, SCJune 14, 2018
A typical day for me is usually not too busy but steady. I enjoy my job because of the work environment I am in. My coworkers and I get along very well and its easier to work that way.
Kelly Services
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2018
It can be a great company to work for, the goal is to get a permanent job but with my experience there was a lot of temporary assignments. Which did give me flexibility to go to school. A typical day at an assignment was answering phones, guiding customers, faxing, filing, data entry, basic clerical work. The management was great at Kelly, very friendly and eager to help. The hardest part of the job was not getting permanent assignments, they have a lot of temp to hire then sometimes you're there a year and they don't hire you, it depends on the company your paired with.
Pros
flexible schedule, can have breaks in the year after an assignment
Cons
not enough stability, after a while you need health benefits, ect.
good working conditions
Administrative Assistant Purchasing Dept. (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAMay 30, 2018
At the time I worked for Kelly Services, placement for the job was good. The typical day at work was enjoyable, with good working
conditions. The people within each placement of work were very helpful in showing me the routine of the office.
Love working different jobs and meeting different people and learning new things.
Administrative Assistant: June 2014-January 2015 (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 21, 2018
I started out my young career working for Kelly Services and they have always found jobs for me! I like that the jobs they find you are good pay and Monday through Friday I also like the fact that you get paid every Friday. :)
Pros
Getting paid every week and learning new things.
Cons
Not knowing if you will be hired as a permanent employee.
Great interim option for those looking for work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 6, 2018
It was a while ago that I worked for Kelly Services. The interaction was great, they placed me well. Overall I was very happy with the pay as well. However, it was only a temporary position so I knew that it would only take me so far.
Okay job
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 3, 2018
Slow paced, temporary job on contract, I didn't have health insurance the first year, after a year I was offered a plan that met the minimum requirements per the government
nice Temp Agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2018
This is a Temp Agency.
Sometimes you could be hired.
I was placed at 3 different locations temporarily.
They place you at jobs that need temporary help.
Pros
Great temp agency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss