Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great place to work
Healthcare Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2018
Every day was different. Patients came in for various reasons I also took incoming phone calls and took messages for doctors and nurses. I also directed calls to the appropriate departments.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Sometimes, not often, a little too fast paced
fun and helpful
Ambulatory Service Rep (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
fun and learning environment .New things to learn everyday and room for improvement and job promotions. Certified class to take for more knowledge n upgrade on ur job position
Family and community centered orgainization
Clinic Support Team (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Great place to work for work/life balance. Management supports learning and career advancement. Kelsey participates in several community projects and events throughout the year making them the most community involved organization I have ever work for.
Pros
employee longevity and family working environment
good place to work
Staff RN Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77054July 6, 2018
Has some great physicians and fellow nurses who you can become very close friends with, enjoyed working hthere once i learned the personalitites of the doctors and other nurses. if you really are a team player, friendly and willing to pitch in when need you will do well. being standoffish and too condescending to the lvn's and ma'swill get you nowhere.
Cons
the climate can be a little corporate for a clinic
Great Company as a whole
ASR II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2018
Its a great place to work. Benefits are great, hours are great, advancement is decent. My department works Saturday's so we have a choice to work some overtime. I have learned a lot working in the medical field as a Front Desk Associate. Working with the patients is the most rewarding and satisfying part of the job. The only concern I personally have is that some (not all management) lack the leadership that is needed to have a productive team. Therefore my department has a high turn-over with employee's. In my department if you are not part of my supervisors good list then its all down hill for you. It is sad to say they rather keep the non-productive employees and lose the productive one's.
Pros
Benefits, Pay and Working Hours are great.
Cons
No breaks only lunches. Some supervisors lack leadership, instead of having the team work together, supervisors create a hostile environment.
Good
Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 19, 2018
Kelsey is a great place to work because of the benefits that employees have, physician's always helping and willing to educate their staff, but unfortunately there is racism, and lots of gossiping that make it very stressful situation. It is not a pleasant situation to know that co-workers are not respectful of others.
Pros
Insurance and benefits
Cons
Gossiping, Racism
not enough opportunity for advancement
Departmental Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
Decent company to work for, however, not enough opportunity for advancement for me. The workplace culture is fun, and energetic depending on the department you work in. A typical day is fast-paced and it's great to help people in need of care.
Caring and growing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 11, 2018
Kelsey-Seybold cares about their employees however the leadership, growth opportunities, expectations, and structure differ vastly within each department.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Leaderhsip is divided in approach, pay is below industry standard
Clinic takes care of its patients and employees.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2018
The clinic takes very good care of its patients and employees. We worked hard but we also supported our co-workers when there were significant personal needs. For example, when I had heart surgery, my co-workers were there for me. I appreciated their concern and help during that time.
great
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
enjoyed working with Kelsey Seybold in the specialty area loved the doctors and coworkers. Our patients were all so giving and kind to us. It's the best job ever.
Pros
Free Pinics
Cons
No sick pay
productive and patient caring
Phone Triage RN (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 9, 2018
great place to work. gave my up most clinical and phone triage skills to help patients with their needs. My bilingual skills were very important to communicate with various patients.
Cons
lunch break time
Very prestigious company to have under your belt
Certified Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2018
They offer Per diem work where you can float department department and location to location you will not get any hands on phlebotomy experience but this company is very very well organized and extremely thorough your day is pretty much stress free and it always flows hardly ever any incidents environment can be a little sterile at times but definitely a good place for you to learn about a lot of different departments
Pros
On the job training with continued Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Sterile environment, could be a little more personable
Boring
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
This was a boring position because prepared patients’ charts to be received and prepared charts to be sent out to other locations. Also I prepared charts to be ready for doctors and their patients.
Pros
Fun environment
High demands
Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXMay 1, 2018
The company highly emphasizes micromanagement and compensates with high salaries. It takes time to understand the logic behind their management style but understood due to the high turnover rate and fast pace environment. Although the company is growing at a fast pace, there's still much needed attention to family values and management. My stance with the company is neutral.
Pros
High Salary
Cons
Mediocre benefits
Great Company to work for
Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2018
I've worked for Kelsey for 5 years, it's a great company to work for with stellar benefits. Some of the policies are pretty rigid, but it's due to too many people abusing them in the past.

They promote from within from a lot, but it depends on what your job role is, sometimes you get stuck in a department or a role. You have to be willing to travel to more than just the one clinic closest to your house if you want to be successful at Kelsey.

Different clinics have much different "feels." so it really depends on where you work on what your experience will be. But overall, it really is a great company to work for - if you follow the rules.
Pros
$0 deductible health insurance
Cons
no grace period for being late
Kelsey
Ambulatory Service Rep I & II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2018
The advancement is not here. The turnover rate is high due to lack of promotion opportunities. Worked and trained for higher position but never was promoted.
Good place to at
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxApril 17, 2018
It was a great place to work at, the one downside was that they didn't have any benefits. The supervisor was easy to talk to, and easy to talk about issues at work.
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Managed Care Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 10, 2018
Kelsey-Seybold was a great work atmosphere! you learn a lot from whichever department you are apart of! Management was excellent they basically just wanted you to work of course ! The hardest part of my job was probably filing when there was so much but it made the day go by. The most enjoyable part was getting up and going everyday to see what new projects they would have in store.
Overall good company
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
There are some slow days and fast pace days. The lack of advancement can be discouraging. I am use to using more of my skills that I have learned over the years that I am not qualified to perform until models are done.
Great atmosphere.
OR Orderly (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2018
As long as you're doing what you were supposed to be doing, this was an easy job. There aren't many advancement opportunities for individuals without a degree. Compensation was okay, could've been better for the amount of service provided.