KEMET Electronics Corporation

KEMET Electronics Corporation Employee Reviews

United States33 reviews
The company was very hands on with employees from the beginning and allowed for advancement right away. Also I was able to move up rather quickly. The job kept me interested from day to day
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
I didn’t have man cons.
Kemet trains its employees and is focused on producing a high quality product. Many employees have worked there more than 20 yrs. The employees are great and the company has good benefits.
One the best companies to work for, very demanding, no tolerance for errors absenteeism and tardiness, they will keep you on your toes, very top notch with customers,
Management doesn’t care about you. No raises ever and no bonuses. In the process of getting acquired by yahoo. Massive lay off coming. The company never invest in improving or there employees compensation
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Love working it came at the supervisors was nice to get along with the coworkers was good to work with and have very good flexible hours jobs was easy to learn the supervisors was nice get along with everybody had an exercise room to go to on break and after work .Hot meals to eat on break in the cafeteria.
KEMET is in a very important global industry, so there is always work to be done. Different offices will definitely have different cultures. Kind of outdated culture in general, seems to be very conservative. They are working hard to update their IT which is good. At the end of the day, it's a company that has been around for 100 years and in a place like that, there will always be old standards/practices that will linger e.g. management will allow working from home when it is needed for convenience (e.g. an appointment, home repairs, etc.) but casually it seems to be frowned upon. Typical days are definitely busy, as I said you will always find work to do. What kind of work entirely depends on what group you are in. Overall a solid company with somewhat outdated and boring but slowly progressing culture, strong leadership, and lots of things to be busy with.
learned how to be a good teammate, really enjoyed the at work gym facility at the work place. had a real good cafeteria. superiors were very friendly and helpful.
If this location was not closing I would stay with the company despite the poor communication between management and operators. The pay is great and great benefits.
This is a manufacturing environment full of productivity. You are required to make a certain quota which is not hard u also rotate stations so that you are not doing the same thing all shift. Great environment. Comfortable. Inviting.
Pros
Great job.
Cons
Depends on shift.
Typical work day was pretty easy. Management was extremely nice, I made a few long term friends. The hardest part was when a tank went down and there was too much down time
I met great people at KEMET and enjoyed working their. It was great going to Simpsonville to see the original headquarters. There is much improvement needed at KEMET as far as caring for their employees better. Showing a genuine interest in valuing their employees. Their benefits are fair and better than a lot of other companies. However, management needs to show more concern for their employees. We lost a fairly new employee when I was working there. She had a sudden illness and passed away. No one from management showed any concern or value for that person. That is a shame. I hope they improve upon this.
Pros
Great People and decent benefits
Cons
No bonus or increase pay.
Enjoyed working with most of the folks in support roles throughout the company as I was a field person. Respected everyone's skills. Did not respect the CEO. Better than everyone. Private plane. Took bonuses on revenue growth that was NOT organic but bought.

Work was satisfying and different everyday. Met alot of good customers doing interesting things. Enjoyed helping them help themselves. Hardest part of the job was all the travel necessary to do a good job.
Pros
Travel, 401K Match, Brain Trust
Cons
Travel, Ceo
KEMET is a a great place to work, has a nice work environment and a friendly coworkers. very supportive management team, with a strong believes and vision
for 10 years I was very happy in this house ... that's when I started all my professional career, it was where I had the opportunity to grow and learn every day that I spent there. work environment where reimbursement was a basic rule. great memories that I will keep for life. were golden years!
Pros
Stability
Cons
N.a
The manager treated her employees like trash and HR didn't do a thing about it. The manager before her did the same thing to her and another coworker and nothing was ever done about him, so I wouldn't expect anything to change.
I was fortunate to have worked at KEMET before its IPO, when it was still run by its founder. He was venerated as an extremely capable man throughout the company - and for good reason in my estimation. His legacy is a company that is ethical, strategically focused, and people oriented.

I made many friendships there that I keep to this day, and gained much experience. I can honestly say there was heartfelt camaraderie among team members there, and managers were willing to help mediate any occasional discord. While this may not have been true in every division or functional area throughout the company, we in IT felt well supported by our leadership.

This is a company which I admire to this day, and have fond memories of working for.
Pros
Great work culture, training programs, advancement opportunities
Cons
As a single-market company, quite sensitive to market cycles, often affecting budgets, projects, etc. Less so these days.
Survey current equipment status for future equipment requirements and improvements. Managed inside design work and coordinated work with outside vendors to supply equipment, delivery and install equipment. Responsible for budgets up to $1 Million.

Evaluated and modified high-speed capacitor tape and reel machines, using statistical methods to reduce variability and improve utilization. Developed tooling to decrease machine down time.
Excelente ambiente de trabajo, mucho aprendizaje.!!!
Pros
Casa
Cons
Ninguno
The place closed down do to bad trade deal made by our corrupt politicians. I was hoping that someday I would retire there. I wonder if we can ship some politicians jobs over seas?
Kemet was one best companies in Simpsonville SC to work but they had to down size and layoffs the employees in the past. The work is not hard but very easy. It is a very clean work environment and laid back. There quality is high but management works with there employees.
Kemet gave me every opportunity to advance while employed there.
The provided me with the education and tools I needed to succeed in the position I held. There were plenty of opportunities to advance if one puts his/her mind to it.
Pros
advancement through education
Cons
Many of the jobs went to China