Kemper Sports

Working at Kemper Sports: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

managementjobworkgreatplacegoodpeoplehard

Stressful working environment

Management makes promises then change. Moral is extremely low. There is no work life balance. If you complain hours get taken from you. We are extremely short handed

Great place for growth

Was able to be promoted after a short period of time. There was a lot of management turnover but the other staff was really kind at helping g you learn your new position.

Horrible communication

There is little to no communication between management. You have to ask multiple times what they want done. There is also a lot of gossip that goes on. Pay is about average and benefits are decent if you're full time. I wouldn't recommend working here if you are looking for a place that has a good sense of teamwork. It's nonexistent here.

Bottom line over employee standard

The Corprate bosses didn’t account for such a boondoggle and the entire staff suffered as they close restaurant early,and poorly mismanage funds,and solve by cutting salary employees

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No support from team

Fine

Very friendly place to place a family atmosphere. Free golf is a plus and a lot of kid friendly programs offered would recommend anyone looking for a job to apply here

Fun place to work

Love the golf culture. Guests/golfers are friendly. Love my co-workers. Decent pay and room for advancement if you stay focused and work hard. Management is always fair, and really instill a family atmosphere at work.

Fun and laid back work enviroment

It was a great experience in order to interact with many people and to discover my love for public service and interaction.Also a great group of coworkers that maintained a positive and productive workplace.

Great Company to work for

Kemper Sports is a fantastic Company to work for. The employees are trained to put the guest (customer) first. And the golf benefits are AMAZING!! The staff feels more like a family rather than co-workers

Bunk

Bunk bunk and more bunk. Just look at any other golf course that is not owned my a large company and you shouldn't see any problems. Sadly this was not what I had hoped or experienced with Kemper.

Lack of communication.

Lack of communication, toxic environment that made the job hard to be successful and happy. The caddies are mostly wonderful to work around and outside office experience has been good.

great place

Great environment to work. Great people, great atmosphere. Great summer job if you can only work summers, get to work outside and ride on the golf cart.

Great

The place I was at was great and easy and fast paced working area east to drive there everyday the people are nice and it's busy all summer u will love the food too

Fast Paced Job

Mostly a fast paced job that kept you busy the majority of your work time. I liked working there and I like the customers that came into the work environment.

Pros

Part-time for people who want those hours

Cons

Not full-time for people who want the hours

quick paced enviroment, team oriented, fun place to work!

Typical day give excellent customer service to golf members. Serve drinks and meals. Management is team oriented and make it a fun place to work! There isn't anything hard about the job! Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the guests!

Great place to work!

Very nice place to work. The company is very helpful and involved. We have a great executive level management team. I would recommend working with Kemper to any who inquire.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

N/a

Job Review

A typical day is waiting on customers and filling their orders. The hardest part of the job is when you get several orders at one time because you work by yourself and have to prioritize everything as quickly as possible and get the orders out. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customer happy with their orders and their rewarding you with tips.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Not enough hours to live on

an experience working with some quality people

high and low marks as compared to other firms. under appreciation for other employees. managed without input from related parties. congenial people.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

distant management

Great place to work and play golf your off time.

It is a great place to work while watching mother nature and wildlife. For me in the summer i would first change cups and water the greens and any other duties i may need to do. For example fertilize, top dress, airify, etc. In the afternoon i would work on irrigation and mid day i would go around and cool down the greens.

Pros

Being outdoors, free golf

Cons

Summertime can be very long hours

Fun and Confortable Enviroment

Kemper Sports was a very exciting and fun atmosphere to work with. My co-workers were friendly and dependable. We always had exciting golf outings and meet very interesting people. The management wasn't consistent. The company was always firing and hiring new management. The hardest part of the job was probably not knowing what to expect from management. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and learning how to make new exciting cocktails.

Pros

Meeting intresting people

Cons

Non-consistent management

Great Place to Work

Got to set your own schedule and worked for a great boss and had the ability to make as much money as you wanted. Got to meet many great guest and help them enjoy there vacation to Bandon Dunes

Pros

Free Golf

Cons

N/a

Fun and productive place to work

Staff is great and friendly. We are just a big family and everyone knows each other. We help each other and the vibe on the course is just great. I love coming to work in such a nice, clean place.

Pros

Free lunch, unlimited soft drinks.

Common questions about Kemper Sports

Answered by current and former employees at Kemper Sports

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kemper Sports. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits