Kemps

Kemps Employee Reviews

Great benefits, stressful work environment
Total experience was okay. Work you hard, gives you great benefits and a good wage after making the max. Hard to enjoy life outside of work at times. Extremely taxing work if you do the palletizer job. Hard to enjoy the work environment a lot of people like to let the problems trickle down and the management doesn't make a strong effort to fix problems.
Cold
Working there is very cold. Benefits are you get free or discounted products. Working there is very stressful, fast pace, and very quick trainings.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stressful
productive
Kemps is a good company to work for, its union, they package yogurt, sour cream and cottage cheese there. depending on season could be a lot of overtime
Fun place to work
This was a great place to work. We did many fun activities in the community with parades, fairs, schools. We were the only milk processing plant in the Western part of South Dakota
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Sold out to Corporate World - Closed the business
Great place to start for Entry-Level work!
Good amount of hours, decent pay & benefits. One of the downsides is Kemps is very strict on overtime pay. I had 8 hour shifts and on days that it would take 10+ hours to get everything done I would be asked after 9-9.5 hours what I had left and then be told what to do then clock out after a certain point so they would avoid overtime pay.
Pros
Great for entry-level work!
Cons
no overtime
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I worked in a hard area. I had to cut out stringers.
My job was a difficult job to start out. I had to cut out stringers which are the vertical pieces in a pallet. It was awkward and i have never worked on a saw that big.
Pros
Almost like your working outside.
Cons
Saw blade gets dull.
Family
Family owned operation. Upper management and owners were fair to all who worked there. Many opportunities. Employees were loyal because they were treated with respect.
Pros
Personal touch
great pay and benefits, but you work every holiday and every weekend 6 days a week.
steady check but no family time, workers run the place not the management. have to take vacation a week at a time and unless youve worked there 20 + years you take your vacation january -june nothing available later. you will work 6 days a week and every holiday.
very hard place to work
Packed cabbages in boxes an made boxes an grainded potatoes an cleaned my area up daily. I was a migrant worker very fast paste. An had to deal with other co-workers didn't enjoy to much of the work
Fast Paced
 36 direct reports
 Assemble and build customers’ orders into full route truckload quantities using two separate interfaced operating systems: AS400 and DMS.

 Helped implement software ERMS web based ordering to replace JDE operating system.

 Direct cross functional communication with production, order entry, distribution, customers and sales staff.

 Schedule daily production of milk products to meet order fulfillment.

 Supervise all plant employees.

 Average of 80 truckloads per day and 800,000 fluid gallons of milk on average produced and distributed each week.

 Very fast paced highly visible position.
Pros
Time off is sacred
good company
Love the job wish I could go back but now I reside in Illinois seeking to take care of my mother. If you are looking for a company that offer great pay and benefits this the job to pursue.
Pros
free lunch
Fun
Great Group of people but the hours do not mix if you have a family, Other than that its great. Shift is 3rd for most new hires an those day can get rough 10pm to 6 am.
Pros
people
Cons
shift hours
great pay unorganized
nice place to work and pay is great and the employees are friendly could really use some performance management leader hours are pretty sustainable union fitted
Pros
free milk while at work
Cons
short breaks poor organization
Fun exiting work place
I feel very honored to be working with the School Crossing Guard Program in BROWARD County. Knowing that I was responsible for crossing children safely to and from school was very satisfying.
Great Co-Workers
I have learned a lot in a short time span. But the room for advancement is slim and the communication could be improved. I enjoy working on different projects however the pay grade is a little low for qualifications.
Pros
Co-Workers, Easy going atmosphere
Cons
Advancement
If you like money and little time to yourself
There is a lot of miscommunication between employees and lower management (supervisors). Amazing pay, but no outside life, you work a lot and holidays are mandatory. If the plant is running behind you have to work extra hours. No flexibility and barely any paid time off.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced hi output ice cream production plant.
The day went by fast but at times there was lack of communication with management. Had to stay alert and double check everything that you did. Coworkers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
pay and benefits were great.
Cons
lack of communication
Kemps
A very strong company to work for. Called on accounts for milk and ice cream in Chicago and southern Wisconsin. I was always learning about the business and culture. Very good employees to work for and to work with. The hardest part of the job was fighting the Chicago traffic. I enjoyed working with my accounts to increase their profit margins and to promote our products.
Pros
Taking pride in my work
Cons
Chicago traffic
Great learning and sales experience
Met with dairy managers to see what task were to be done.

Checked on Kemps inventory and made sure it was stocked and looked neat

Learned on how important product appearance is and learned how to make fact based decisions

Loved being able to make my own schedule
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Lifting heavy inventory
Interning Experience
Working at kemps brings a lot of benefits to you. The people around you are really nice and easy to get along with. They help you when you need it, and it is a good working environment.
productive and fun work place
Working at a place that is -26 below was challenging. Overall it was a fun place to work, people was nice and understanding.