Ken's Beverage Employee Reviews

It’s not worth it
Refurb Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 29, 2019
The managers lead blindly the ones up front have no idea what anyone is doing. They seem to think they are more important, never doing what is best for the company. They compete with other branch’s and refuse to help each other that results in poor communication and stressful work environment most of their employees are on drugs or selling adderal and the managers know all about it
Pros
The managers are stupid
Cons
When they have a bad day it’s your fault no matter what
The company was fairly good although they barely gave amy training at all.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 18, 2019
The comapny was a pretty solid company, the
only problem is that they barely gave any traing and always
trown into a situartion with little or no training so we had to figure it on the sport with took plaeny o f wsted time. Pretty redocuoulous.
Sucks big time
Beverage tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2019
Dont walk but run away from this company!! They will have you driving out of state and putt9you in some roach hotel room in the ghetto. Managers all suck. Pay sucks. They tell you you will get a raise in 3 months but nobody gets one. Do yourself a favor if offed a job here turn it down!!!
Rude employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJune 4, 2019
This company expects way too much from you. Rude employees and the Vice President acts inappropriately. Certain people are allowed to get away with calling out excessively and being rude with other employees.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
I will work for Companies that spy on and listen to your phone calls
Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 31, 2019
I want my money that I lend to the manger in Nashville tn. He owe me 1000.00.the Manage borrowed money from me .the management is very poor I will not ever work for Companies like this one again.
Poor management
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 28, 2019
The job was good but its alot to learn to be a technician. It was nice to stay at a hotel room while your away from home but management was very poor.
Pros
Free lunch dinner and breakfast
A wonderful place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 12, 2019
Was a wonderful place to work and the managers were great. They paid me to drive all over. I enjoyed working with all types of people. The office and warehouse were great.
Average
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJanuary 26, 2019
The pay is low, and there are no sick days. It is far away for most people in the Chicago area, being in Plainfield. Good experience if you can get past the low pay.
Poor management all around, slave drivers, Lack communication
Technician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 25, 2019
In the last year this company has lost more than a handful of employees. Technicians and several upper management have quit and some who leave abruptly. Too much micromanaging no pay raises no encouragement. Too much expectation is demanded and management is a muddy mess. Dispatchers act like bosses to techs and clueless when assigning routes. Safety is not an important issue to this company. There is NO communication all around. Everything falls through cracks or swept under. Benefit and payroll questions is like waiting for an act of congress before anyone answers your inquiries. They are rude, inconsistent, and a revolving door of always making policy handbook changes that the company does not adhere to. Office personnel constantly change we never know who handles what anymore. Too much attitude less gratitude environment. This company is only good for those starting out. Not meant for any kind of career advancement either. I’ve been with this company more than 3 years and have not been given any pay raise whatsoever. When you start questioning work ethic and policy your supervisor, manager and HR will never provide positive feedback or the same answer. Clearly lack of everything.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
High benefit costs, Low employee retention rate, 30 min lunch
Very reliable work environment.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 18, 2019
I really enjoyed working for this company. If i were given an opportunity to work for them again I would. The only downside is that the main office is located too far from my home. I wouldn't make the drive to Shepherdsville. But if the office were in Louisville I would definitely try to apply again.
Pros
Lunch breaks and very understanding in case of an emergency.
Cons
long work commute
Poor management
Office admin (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 1, 2019
KBI over works and under pays. Lowest paying company of its kind. Benefits are expensive and have little coverage. Micromanagement is a problem and there is a lack of respect toward policy and peocuedure.
Pros
Vacation paid holidays 401k profit share
Cons
Expensive benefits with little coverage poor management through out company
Stressful and slave to the it’s gotta be done
Technician (Former Employee) –  MiamiOctober 25, 2018
company make you work like a slave no long term job security’s there’s no appreciation about what you do or how you feel if you are working since 7am and it’s 8:30 pm you feel sick headache they don’t care how you feel it’s gotta be done like a slave it’s easy to say I need a job but think twice when you approach to this company to work kens the owner he got millions already so the managers push you to on call slave weekly schedule no sense stupid working environment please the low pay and the slavery there don’t work there
Pros
Slave on call
Cons
No job security
Very Low Key Job
Administrative Assistant/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 15, 2018
Overall I had no problems with the job itself. Though Fairly new to the City, the coworkers and management were very nice though tough at times when need be. Communication isnt their best suite, however when it all comes down to business, they seem to alway get the job done. Though I no longer work there (due to management). I wouldnt pass up a job like this if i had the choice. Pay could be more than what they offer but over all I loved the job.
Pros
they work with you, very quite area, hands off, move at your own pace
Cons
low pay, training could be better given face to face instead of over the phone
Unorganized, Uncordinated, Stressfull.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2018
I was given a company vehicle after my training was complete which was nice, was also given a gas card to re-fill my truck as needed. The clients where pleasant to deal with for the most part and depending on where I was around noon I would get a free lunch. The job did involve potentially getting sticky with syrup, as most of the clients where different fast food chains and the job we did was to fix soda machines.

I started off wanting to give this company a shot, they promised 40 hour weeks from 8am-4:30pm(half hour lunch break). Never once did I work that sort of shift. There where days where I was working from 8am to 11pm or later because the "job had to get done". There where days I didn't work at all. I was told during my interview the job required some travel and I didn't mind that, but the amount I had to traveling I had to do was not ideal. I had to on multiple occasions drive across the state(about 2 and a half hours from the east coast to west) and remove machines weighing over 60lbs with no help in any form, dolly, cart or even another person.

As stated above I had multiple times of working more than 12 hours a day, which sounds good on paper however it wears into your body faster than you think. I wouldn't get home until 1 or 2 am some nights because I had to drive back across the state from coast to coast. I was trained under the lead technician, which was a good thing however a lot of the times when I was off on my own I encountered issues I was unprepared for, and under supplied for. I had to make do with what I had and jerry rig something to make the
  more... machines work.

I was made aware of a rotating on-call schedule for technicians for "after hours" calls, which where calls that came in after 4pm. We would have the schedule weeks in advance so we could expect to possibly work late some nights, which was a good thing. However there where times where I was involuntarily given on-call duty to cover someones shift, and was on the opposite side of the state with management being aware. After bringing that issue up to management they shrugged it off and basically said they didn't want to inconvenience any other technician who was already done, after they had already done that to me several times in the past.

This was a job where clients would call us in under false pretenses, and the issue I was there to fix had nothing to do with the nature of the call itself. Overall I was unhappy with my time with the company and after several empty promises of a structured schedule I left on my own accord after several clients and management left a bad taste in my mouth.
Pros
Free Lunch, Company Truck, Gas Card
Cons
Management, Time, Everything
It's a job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 6, 2018
Ken's Beverage is a stepping stone job. You cannot make a career out of this. They don't like to give raises... Even if you're the cream of the crop.
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
That's it.
Has potential
Quality Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2018
Manager in my office changed 6 times in a year none of them had any knowledge of the job and were useless in the field. Getting parts for my job was like pulling teeth and catching the blame for jobs not being completed properly was just a slap to the face. How can someone do the job without the proper equipment? Paycheck issues cost me over 200$ throughout my employement and the best they could do was stop further charges but couldn’t reimburse my money they charged from my checks.
Pros
If you like playing the guessing game this ones for you.
Cons
No training, no management, no organization, list goes on
Very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJune 19, 2018
It’s a job, not a career very stressful, fast paced...... nobody cares they are all there for one thing issues get swept under the rug. 1 man team....
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
Pay
Terrible
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainfeild, ILJune 16, 2018
Management wasn't bad but the owners dont have a clue and are quite mean to be honest. There is no training whatsoever. It's pretty much them sticking you out in the field without any knowledge of what ypur doing. Had to call senior techs at almost every location I went to just to get some help and trying to diognoise what the problems were. Pay defiantly wasn't worth the stress
Pros
Cons
No training. Compension not good for the stress you deal with
Great place to work!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMarch 8, 2018
Growing company with a lot of room for advancement if you're willing to work for it. Relaxed atmosphere makes coming to work everyday a lot more enjoyable.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, room for advancement, family owned company
Great Manager
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 28, 2018
Really laid back but professional company
I really would have liked to continue working there and help the company grow.
Not to sure on the room for advancement, as in I don't think there is any for the office staff