Ken Garff Auto Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to learn
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianola, IAJune 18, 2018
Great place to learn home environment. So welcoming. Great pay, great experience working with a new customer on a daily. I have been very great full for having the chance to be employed by the company
Delivery driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 17, 2018
I rotated between three routes that covered the Salt Lake Valley delivering parts to repair shops. While at the repair shops, I would picked up return parts. I would also deliver parts to the shipping company to be shipped out of state.
Cons
micro managment
Laid back and not very physically demanding
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2018
Clock in, grab parts needing to be delivered, return to base, rinse and repeat. lunch was in the middle of the day. slow days meant sitting and talking to other coworkers and manager.
Good perks horrible work life
Accounting (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 12, 2018
They need a new controller. I loved my job till they started moving everyone around. It was not fair how they treat people. I loved what I did but the controller and office manager would change people and positions around so much. You would never know if you were going to keep your job. It was very stressful.
Pros
Lunches, parties, group training
Cons
To many to say
It a family at CCH great place to work .
Senior Internet Consultant (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 8, 2017
It a great place if you're looking for start a career. It definitely provides you the building block to grow. There a lot of different position to explore and to learn from.
Pros
Free lunch on the weekends
Cons
Bad schedules
Fixed Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 20, 2017
I was a fixed operations director for 3 years at a struggling dealership for Ken garff. We were always treated fair. Very much a pleasure to work there. Had to relocate is the only reason I left. Would like to work for them again in the future .
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
No location near where I live right now
Not worth your time
Internet Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
Management is horrible. They take care of their own interests versus the interests of the company. Checks are always short & have to be fixed. Managers show extreme favoritism and family is allowed to work within the same department even if it is a conflict of interest due to inappropriate supervisor-subordinate relationships.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
everything else
great place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, NVJuly 10, 2017
Ken Garff is a great company to work for. they are very flexible with the schedule so you can still have a life. They are a great company that you can grow with.
Fun at first
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2017
Working in the shipping and receiving department was fun at first. The parts director didn't give much direction so when you were having difficult situations you had to take the brunt of it all.
management will pick and choose who to favor
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJune 13, 2017
overpromis pay, checks are always short.
will fire you out of the blue, no advancement.
constant change of pay plan, literally every other month.(sales)
A-lot of favoritism.
Do Not Care About The Employee.

Want to know more about Ken Garff Auto Group?

Ask a question
We hear you? Yeah right...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 17, 2017
I worked at the call center for about 6 months and I loved it at first and it was awesome, HOWEVER when you have the same family in a management role trying to handle business is NEVER good. The call center is a horrible place and I wouldn't recommend working here
they dont like to pay employees
Technician (Former Employee) –  IowaApril 5, 2017
Doesn't keep promises. No raises when earned. Cut labor rates down whenever they feel to pay you less. Poor managment that cares about their bonus and not the person that had to earn it for them
Pros
free food all the time
Cons
uses free food to make up for lack of pay
Beware of Ken Garff AND the Salt Lake City home base
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 21, 2017
Garff group can make you very very rich or very poor depending on how off kilter your moral compass is.

There is Zero regard for customers and employees. Any way to squeeze a buck and they will do it. Predatory lending was huge, as was bogus charges to customers. Management and
The salt lake office will make you produce insane hours and numbers or you may lose your job.

Harassment is huge. Garff is family owned so they get away with berating employees in daily meetings. Cussing, telling employees to kill themselves if they don't work days off, hit numbers, etc , etc is the norm.

Benefits after one year

They automatically opt you in for an Xmas savings account in which deductions are mandatory and only come available once a year .

If you are okay performing ethically questionable tasks-you will like garff
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
80 to 90 hour work weeks
Ken Garff is a great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2017
I am so glad I took the opportunity to work at the Ken Garff Automotive Group 3 years ago. Ken Garff has the most awesome employees. I have genuinely enjoyed working with everyone at this company.

I have learned a ton since I started at this company. Everyone is really good at what they do and seems to always be willing to help/teach you in order to be the best employee you can be.
Pros
The people, the brand, yearly reviews
Cons
401K match, Pto
Approaching 6 Years with Ken Garff
Dealership Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I've been working as part of the Ken Garff automotive group for almost 6 years now. I've worked both in dealerships and at the corporate offices. At all levels of this company I have been given opportunity to grow and progress in my career.

Management has also been excellent. All the managers I've had have genuinely cared about my success and have gone above and beyond to mentor and teach.
Horrible corporate views
Service (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Upper management presses for numbers and do not compensate employees properly. Huge turnover due to constantly changing corporate views. As management you spend more time in meetings and processing daily reports instead of being left to manage a dept properly. Higher ups only pat themselves on the back without having an inkling of how to run a business, concentrating on catch phrases and word placement in order to solidify the fact that they are "corporate" and you must obey.
Pros
Great group of support employees
Cons
Huge turnaround due to corporate leaders not supporting lower level employees
Great place to work for
Recetionist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTJanuary 27, 2017
Each Ken Garff dealership is different. It's a great place to work when you have good management.
It's tough on family because of long work hours but has the potential to made good money. There's always room to advance and grow in the company. Company has really good standards. Care about employees
Pros
Possible to make really good money
Cons
Work very long hours
horrible work environment!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 9, 2016
I would suggest not even apply. It's a complete waste of time. To many time are they finger pointing and not looking at the real issues here. To much turnover! No loyalty.
Cons
An amazing company to work for!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXNovember 7, 2016
Thanks to Ken Garff I've had the opportunity to learn a lot of great things. I've also met many awesome people that truly care about you. I love my job & work family!
Pros
really great benefits
Cons
Customer Advocate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Telegraph CDJR, TaylorNovember 1, 2016
Love my job, love the company and love what I do. The company promotes from within, and we have had several people at my dealership that have already moved up the ladder.
Pros
Employee of the month and 1% Garff give back
Cons
None I can think of