Kenan Advantage Group Employee Reviews

No room to advance
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 22, 2018
No room to advance in the company. Not competitive in pay. Bonus opportunity not offered to all employees. Made to feel guilty for taking any time off, even scheduled time. You work so hard for the company and you are not appreciated for it at all. You ate expected to put work before anything at all in your life, including your kids. They allow a daughter to be her mothers boss, favoritism shown.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Pay, nepotism
Kenan Advantage
Dishwasher/prep food (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 28, 2018
Busy from the moment you walk in the door. Fast paced getting food prepared for different likes and dislikes of the employees. I learned to cope with people needs and wants in the busy work force, and was glad I could accommodate every individual with what they needed.
Pros
Able to keep up with the demands of the peoples needs.
Cons
It was a temp job.
Happy happy happy
Cryogenic driver (Current Employee) –  Pryor, OKApril 27, 2018
I love doing what I do. I run in the cryogenic division. I have plenty of work and I get the days off I request. My terminal manager is a dream. My only complaint is I truly hate the paccar motor and transmission in my truck. Other than that, it's a great place to be.
Pros
Friendly manager and customers
Cons
Dislike the trucks
Not a Healthy work environment
Scanning Department (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 25, 2018
fast paced. I had learned several jobs while I was there. I loved what I did there. They have Micro Management Style. No talking at all allowed there. The hardest part of the job is getting though the day.
Pros
They buy pizza now and then. On Special Occasions they have Special Cutout Cookies.
Cons
Very controlled envirement
Money is here if you want it!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 23, 2018
If you like pushing 70 hrs a week, they have the work. Most drivers keep to themselves, but no one will leave you standing there with your thumb in your butt...every single driver in the company will help you regardless, but that's the culture when driving fuel...even guys from other companies will help if they can. The fleet is mixed with some decent automatics and sticks, and some very horrible ones, but is expected to upgrade to newer trucks. I went through 3 managers and for the most part, they were all fair. They will do what they can, if they can. Pay is good and you can make some SERIOUS money if you like pushing the 70, but the medical is expensive especially if you have a family. Don't even think of having any scheduled weekends off because you will never see it unless you ask for a day off or vacation. Be expected to work weekends and nights when you start. It could slow down during the winter, but not long or that bad. Dispatch is a demon all its own...some days are good, some are bad but once you get into the swing of things, the stops will be all the same. Oh, if you can handle this job, you will be assigned a truck and you better hope your partner communicates well because a lot of trouble between drivers is because of truck assignments.
Pros
OT is good, Excellent training, guys are helpful
Cons
Truck assignments sucks
good work enviroment
Mechanic assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at Kenan advantage. The work was about what I expected how ever most of it was changing tires and basic maintenance. The job did not require any diagnostic experience.
Quality of life
CDL A - Hazmat Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 1, 2018
Good stable company...
However... they work you very hard, zero compassion for family and quality of life. For example... I had to work for my birthday and the mourning of my Mother.
A job not a career
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 23, 2018
If you want plenty of hours (70 plus) and no overtime or incentive pay, then drive for this company. This company is like all other trucking companies, no different. All truck drivers are abused. Long hours with no overtime pay. It's the industry's fault but this company doesn't help to improve the drivers situation.
comfy job for older developer looking for a place to retire
Software Developer III (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 14, 2018
Most of the people here are nice and the pay is not awful. if you are looking to grow as a developer this is NOT the place for you. you might get a few good projects but the work is mainly support. there is no second level help desk or QA team so developers have to do all of that. Most software is purchased at KAG, developers job is to get it working with the current system.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
career growth
Did not really explain how dangerous job was.
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 13, 2018
Promised 20 dollars an hour in training. Told it would be the same in training and working. Got paid twelve dollars an hour. Husband and wife management team brought dog to work in office everyday. I am allergic to dogs. Had to dodge piles of dog excrement everyday in parking lot getting out of personal car to go to work.
Pros
Got taken to Applebees several times to eat free by the boss while he got drunk.
Cons
Boss not really engaged. Not sure he can even drive a truck.
Great Company
Management (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 5, 2018
KAG is a fantastic company to work for. Very good compensation, great benefits, relaxed culture, good management. I would continue working here, I just am not looking to relocate.
Fulfilling
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2018
This company was bought out by the current owner while I worked for them. Prior to Kenan It was called Beneto tank Lines. I enjoyed working there while I did and the Pay was competitive to the other companies in the area.
I would pass
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  UsaFebruary 20, 2018
It's is an ok place for drivers. Everyone else gets treated like they are less then nothing. I have seen three pay raises in nine years. The last one took over a year to get approved. The training is non existing and most of the upper level of management don't know anything. They have like ten people to fix one problem and still can't fix it.
Pros
Locations
Cons
Training, leadership
Company First
Fuel Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHFebruary 1, 2018
There is no concern for the employee. Bottom line is only their bottom line. No compensation offered when they choose to discontinue a position not based on the employee, but their bottom line.
Laid back attitude
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2018
Upper management could use some training. Terminal manager very good at job. Equipment not up to par. Co-workers very good to work with. Pay is adequate.
Haul fuel
Fuel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2018
it was a good job, it was laid back the hours were good the work was long but worth it you can have paid holiday and vacation. make good friends and it was a good local job.
A waste of time
Fuel Driver, Class A (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 7, 2018
The company doesn't stand by there drivers you are a just number. Low pay, insurance benefits are hella high & the hrs you wk don't add up to the pay!
Pros
You can relocate within
Cons
They say you can make $70, 000 for the yr.
good
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  N Canton, OHJanuary 5, 2018
terminal manager is bad and uncaring but dispatcher cares yet is under his control. Not a bad place reg pressures.May find what you are looking for! I like my job.
Enjoyable Workplace
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHDecember 31, 2017
The people are friendly. The work pace is not grueling, but you are expected to meet the minimums put forth. The benefits are great including dental, health, and vision; they also have events during holidays, raffle off gift baskets before christmas, holiday hams, and costume contests for halloween.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, take time off work as long as you make up the hours
Cons
I would give it zero stars if I could.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 29, 2017
Clique behavior. High stress. Stress was unnecessary, but was persistent due to the backstabbing nature of the employees. If someone decides they like you, then you will have more opportunities for pay, time off, and / or awards. If you are not in the clique and they decide they don't like you, then you're pretty well screwed.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Backstabbing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kenan Advantage Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

1.7Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight