Kenan Advantage Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great corporation
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 30, 2018
has been short period of time since we are working with KAG and they are taking care of their employees in a very professional manner the main office at Ohio is always open if you have any questions, benefits are good and the job environment is great
I was sold to this Company 4 + years ago from Pettit
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 25, 2018
Enjoy working with my fellow dispatchers & with my drivers on the East Side. Management needs a little help understanding dispatch needs Shop managers need a better understanding of equipment needs.
Pros
free lunch's sometimes
Cons
Chairs Suck
nice job
Fuel Transport Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 19, 2018
I love the work, but there is a lot of gossip around the yard. I'm the type of person that goes to work, does my job, and goes home. I've been on midnights since I started and don't see any chance of getting off of them. Leads to no family life and feeling like a vampire.
Pros
enjoy the job.
Cons
hazardous driving in winter, no room for advancement.
Job Security
CDL TRUCK DRIVER - Gasoline Transportation (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 19, 2018
Stressful at times, because the dispatchers play with your assignment if you're not kool with them. The Pay could have been much better for the type of work we do. I worked for them for 6 years, and the pay was higher when I started initially, and change once the union got involved, which because of an issue later.
Pros
Long Hours, benefits okay
Cons
Mgt Sucks, Dispatchers were stuck on power trips
ok
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 13, 2018
You work long hours. had shorts days and weeks. Thing were done that made no cents. They watching you and taking money away for any thing you did wrong.
would not recommend
Truck Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 10, 2018
worked for 6 months with never getting paid for after hour service calls. finally recieved a check and then to weeks later stopped recieveng pay again.
Pros
non
Cons
health care is expensive, to many cheifs that dont know what is going on, and poor payroll
Terrible place !
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2018
I worked for this company for 2 months as a Dispatcher and it was the worst 2 months of my life. As a new employee I needed to be trained and nobody really took the time to do that with me, they just kept throwing me on the fire with no hesitation. The terminal manager sucks !! She doesn't like to give time off to anyone but her favorites, she switches schedules up like crazy, you cant have no type of personal life, and she is always screaming and cussing. Not a professional place to work for.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
No lunch break, the people are rude, not professional
Good place to learn fuel hauling then move on!!!
Fuel Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 5, 2018
The local manager in Evansville area was unfair and treated certain employees with favortism and others as outcast. He has never driven a truck and trys to tell you how. He’s a two faced idiot that lies to potential new hires. More like a recruiter than a driver manager. Also, there are two dispatchers you desl with. One competent and the other not so much.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Local management, dispatch
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newell, WVJune 26, 2018
Good place to work, will work with your schedule let you take whatever days off you want and you had freedom, overall not a bad place to work upper management with there rule changes would get old but everyone at the Newell terminal was great to work with
Pros
If you do your job they work with your schedule real relaxed place
Cons
Healthcare expensive pay is subpar to anything else in area
Other drivers work together.
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 21, 2018
The truck are very old and brake down a lot. when the trucks go down they are in the shop for weeks and sometime mouths. The trailers very old also, and parts are hard to find.
Pros
Home at night
Cons
Low pay
enjoyed the work just too many Hrs. you were working like to full time jobs without getting paid like you were.
SEMI DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 20, 2018
Long days out in all types of weather. Then you wait in long lines for product. Work 65 to 70 Hrs. week. If a holiday falls on a day you are schedule to work you are going to work. They say if you are not comfortable to drive in snow storms don't but then get mad if you say you're not comfortable.
Pros
Good benefits, equipment is kept in good condition, and they supply uniforms and personal protective equipment
Cons
Long Hrs. and you are technically a 80, 000 lb.Bomb
Run like an idiot but be safe??
Local Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Wood River, ILJune 19, 2018
new manager confrontational ready to start fights, benefits $102 a week after 1000.00 deductiable for each household member, long rush rush stressful days
Equipment NOT DOT safe, heavy favoritism, no advancement, pushed endlessly to do beyond what you can manage in one shift per night..
second and third shift driver (Current Employee) –  toledo, ohioJune 18, 2018
Personally, I'm trying to get out of here as fast as I can. If you aren't a favorite, you might as well get on down the road and find other employment. You can think I'm kidding if you want to!...
Pros
cons have outweighed the pros now
Cons
different for each person; perfect for.."certain folks"
Nothing good to say
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 7, 2018
I will save this portion for the interviews. I honestly don't have much good to say about this place. There is a reason so many drivers and dispatchers are leaving.
Enjoyable
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 24, 2018
Good learning experience and challenge. Trucks are very well maintained and dispatched very cooperative and helpful. Management also sensitive to family emergencies.
No room to advance
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 22, 2018
No room to advance in the company. Not competitive in pay. Bonus opportunity not offered to all employees. Made to feel guilty for taking any time off, even scheduled time. You work so hard for the company and you are not appreciated for it at all. You ate expected to put work before anything at all in your life, including your kids. They allow a daughter to be her mothers boss, favoritism shown.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Pay, nepotism
Kenan Advantage
Dishwasher/prep food (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 28, 2018
Busy from the moment you walk in the door. Fast paced getting food prepared for different likes and dislikes of the employees. I learned to cope with people needs and wants in the busy work force, and was glad I could accommodate every individual with what they needed.
Pros
Able to keep up with the demands of the peoples needs.
Cons
It was a temp job.
Happy happy happy
Cryogenic driver (Current Employee) –  Pryor, OKApril 27, 2018
I love doing what I do. I run in the cryogenic division. I have plenty of work and I get the days off I request. My terminal manager is a dream. My only complaint is I truly hate the paccar motor and transmission in my truck. Other than that, it's a great place to be.
Pros
Friendly manager and customers
Cons
Dislike the trucks
Not a Healthy work environment
Scanning Department (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 25, 2018
fast paced. I had learned several jobs while I was there. I loved what I did there. They have Micro Management Style. No talking at all allowed there. The hardest part of the job is getting though the day.
Pros
They buy pizza now and then. On Special Occasions they have Special Cutout Cookies.
Cons
Very controlled envirement
Money is here if you want it!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 23, 2018
If you like pushing 70 hrs a week, they have the work. Most drivers keep to themselves, but no one will leave you standing there with your thumb in your butt...every single driver in the company will help you regardless, but that's the culture when driving fuel...even guys from other companies will help if they can. The fleet is mixed with some decent automatics and sticks, and some very horrible ones, but is expected to upgrade to newer trucks. I went through 3 managers and for the most part, they were all fair. They will do what they can, if they can. Pay is good and you can make some SERIOUS money if you like pushing the 70, but the medical is expensive especially if you have a family. Don't even think of having any scheduled weekends off because you will never see it unless you ask for a day off or vacation. Be expected to work weekends and nights when you start. It could slow down during the winter, but not long or that bad. Dispatch is a demon all its own...some days are good, some are bad but once you get into the swing of things, the stops will be all the same. Oh, if you can handle this job, you will be assigned a truck and you better hope your partner communicates well because a lot of trouble between drivers is because of truck assignments.
Pros
OT is good, Excellent training, guys are helpful
Cons
Truck assignments sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kenan Advantage Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight