Kenan Advantage Group Employee Reviews

read below
LEAD MECHANIC- SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2018
nice place to work. i worked there many years. There was just no room for advancement and I hit peak for my income

I would work there again at a hirer position if avalilable
Busy workplace but pay is not compensated fairly.
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHNovember 24, 2018
Facilities clean and nice. Had a nice food bar that was reasonably priced. Free coffee. Not a friendly work environment. Not open to welcoming people on board.
Good place to work good people to work for just looking for more compensation
Driver (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 11, 2018
Great atmosphere an great people to work for would highly recommend to somebody looking for relaxed atmosphere an laid back company u do your job an you don’t hear a word only way you ever hear anything is iff your not doing what your assigned to do.
Pros
Drove truck home
Not a good company to work for
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHNovember 6, 2018
For an experienced mechanic the pay is horrible. It is below standards. They will give a lead tech position to the unexperienced. They play favoritism.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay, hours, oncall 24/7
Don't bother
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 2, 2018
Roanoke manger doesn't care about people. Talks about everyone that works for him. No one can do their job right if you ask him. He's more of a Dictator than a boss. The environment doesn't need to be as stressful as he makes it. The job itself can be stressful without feeling like there's a Bully watching over you. Run away!!
Easygoing
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Worked about 4-5days a week . Did not care for pay periods, they pay every two weeks. Was very pleased with the way I was working there I was home 3-4 days a week
JBK in no longer a viable company.
Terminal Manager and Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 19, 2018
JBK was a great place to work until it was forced to merge with CTI and our management was forced out, CTI was a scab company with no standards for safety or quality and treated the JBK employees with disdain. The 2 companies were rivals and CTI's management was put in charge and they gutted JBK's equipment and people.
Pros
Was once the leader of the industry and respected
Cons
JBK was gutted by the new CTI management.
Pretty relaxed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 9, 2018
Drive Haz Mat. LNG Tanker.

Pickup 10000 gals LNG From Tonapah, AZ. Every Day.

Hardest part the was watching out for the other guy. My safety as well as other people for the Haz Mat.
Good pay but the company doesn't have it's act together.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 8, 2018
I'm a truck driver. At orientation, they are big on safety, yes, but they don't teach you anything about how to operate the trailers. Unloading, pressure, potential problems. You aren't taught that on the field, either, you are thrust into the role and have to figure out how to unload cryogenics that are flammable, volatile and very cold on your own. Does that sound safe?

I've had multiple situations where I had no idea what to do and had to figure it out on my own. This isn't common sense stuff, these are things you should be taught about. I found that aspect of this job appalling.

What they don't tell you before you quit your previous job is the fact that you don't have any scheduled time off. I'm not talking paid time off, I'm referring to what the normal person would think of as weekends. We don't get that, at all. We work weekdays and weekends, we work holidays and if we want a couple of days off like the rest of the world gets on a weekly basis? We have to ask for it and then we are told "we'll see what we can do". Meanwhile, THEY go HOME on the weekends, why should they care?

What trucking companies don't give you a couple days to go home and relax after a couple of weeks on the road? I read a note from the CEO of the company last pay period that said the corporation had hired a lot of truck drivers last year and a lot of them left. Well duhhhh. We aren't machines. SOME truck drivers like to live in their trucks, the rest of us would like to go home on a scheduled basis and see our families! It's not good for your physical or mental health, imo,
  more... to be stuck in a truck endlessly and be away from the people you know and love. Or your dog, or everything that is familiar to you, the things that bring sanity and peace into your life.

The other thing they don't bother to tell you until after you get into orientation is their trucks are set at 65mph. After driving this speed for a while, I can tell you that it is dangerous, unsafe and unacceptable to be stuck at a driving speed that is well below every other company - or most drivers of any type of vehicles - on the road. I get cut off all day long. I get trucks cutting in front of me 5, 10, 15 feet, 50 plus times a day. I get stuck into pockets of being stuck behind a really slow driver for extended periods. This company might find a few drivers that are okay with this nonsense, I am betting that some of these drivers that quit, did so because of the speed governor.

And another thing they don't bother to inform you of: a radar device. It beeps at you when it deems you are too close to a vehicle in front of you. It beeps so loudly, it hurts my ears. When you are driving in heavy traffic, you aren't going to stop that thing from making it's constant, unending racket. It's QUITE distracting. If the volume were less than half of what it is set at, I could see it as a training tool. But they are obviously trying to force drivers into compliance.

That was the other thing that was so wonderful at orientation. We weren't told how wonderful it was that we had quit our previous jobs to come work with them, we were instead invited to hear how many ways we could be fired for doing this and that. We weren't welcomed there, it was true authoritarian complex on steroids type of atmosphere.

There are a large number of negatives coming at this company from the starting date of employment. If they're so conscious about "safety" by keeping trucks at 65 mph, why aren't they just as concerned about drivers actually knowing what they are doing when it comes time to offload them? Who is this company to demand us working all the time and not give us scheduled time off? Why do I have to ask for 2 days off? I haven't had 2 days off in this company in months. This company will continue to have trouble keeping people in a career type of thought until some of these problems are addressed. If they don't want to, that's their choice and they will continue to pay the consequences. They are so desperate to expand, make your drivers happy and your drivers will outperform for you in ways you never expected.

In the end, you aren't my god and I'm not married to KAG. Give me the same respect I give you and we'll have a happy medium. Don't come at me making all kinds of demands and give nothing in exchange. That's insulting, disrespectful and demeaning. It shows you think you are above drivers, condescending and even to the edge of arrogance. Get off your thrones and come back down to the same Earth the rest of us live on.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No scheduled time off, poor training, very poor life to work ratio
Fantastic culture
Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 28, 2018
The job was fairly boring but the people I worked with were amazing. The company culture was fairly close knit and friendly. There’s little room for advancement and the pay sucks.
Pros
The people
Cons
The pay
Job security is a plus but no advancement is a minus
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 26, 2018
Always units to be fixed in maint shop. No career advance unless someone retires. No pay issues over 3 years but KAG doesn't pay OT. Has other perks like annual employment gifts, paid luncheons, employee appreciation days
Pros
PTO. Employee appreciation days/lunches/prizes
Cons
Too much paperwork/too many check lists for maint shopshop
it pays the bills
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Green, OHAugust 15, 2018
Work isn't difficult. Staff is professional and easy to get along with. Shifts are 12 hours 5 days a week. no payed holidays. At least 1 weekend day worked every week.
Great corporation
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 30, 2018
has been short period of time since we are working with KAG and they are taking care of their employees in a very professional manner the main office at Ohio is always open if you have any questions, benefits are good and the job environment is great
I was sold to this Company 4 + years ago from Pettit
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 25, 2018
Enjoy working with my fellow dispatchers & with my drivers on the East Side. Management needs a little help understanding dispatch needs Shop managers need a better understanding of equipment needs.
Pros
free lunch's sometimes
Cons
Chairs Suck
my experience working here.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 19, 2018
I am underpaid. My benefits are the crappiest of all benefits doesn't cover anything and they take a huge chunk out of my tiny check because of federal taxes. People that work else were that make the same as me gets paid more then I do. I got in trouble for making 15 mins of overtime and the week wasn't even over with, that was the last straw for me. OT does not exist, they want you get get all your work done within your schedule however that is extremely impossible because you need to make overtime and I refuse to work for free. Besides that my coworkers are a great team, I have a really neat schedule and have my own office. you learn as you go and get yelled at for making mistakes cause no one trained you properly. Nobody wants to do there job so you are stuck doing it and you still get in trouble because that wasn't your job.
Pros
Coworkers, Office, Schedule
Cons
No ot, Benefits are awful and over priced, no discounts to anything, overflow of work no help
nice job
Fuel Transport Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 19, 2018
I love the work, but there is a lot of gossip around the yard. I'm the type of person that goes to work, does my job, and goes home. I've been on midnights since I started and don't see any chance of getting off of them. Leads to no family life and feeling like a vampire.
Pros
enjoy the job.
Cons
hazardous driving in winter, no room for advancement.
Job Security
CDL TRUCK DRIVER - Gasoline Transportation (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 19, 2018
Stressful at times, because the dispatchers play with your assignment if you're not kool with them. The Pay could have been much better for the type of work we do. I worked for them for 6 years, and the pay was higher when I started initially, and change once the union got involved, which because of an issue later.
Pros
Long Hours, benefits okay
Cons
Mgt Sucks, Dispatchers were stuck on power trips
ok
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 13, 2018
You work long hours. had shorts days and weeks. Thing were done that made no cents. They watching you and taking money away for any thing you did wrong.
would not recommend
Truck Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 10, 2018
worked for 6 months with never getting paid for after hour service calls. finally recieved a check and then to weeks later stopped recieveng pay again.
Pros
non
Cons
health care is expensive, to many cheifs that dont know what is going on, and poor payroll
Terrible place !
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2018
I worked for this company for 2 months as a Dispatcher and it was the worst 2 months of my life. As a new employee I needed to be trained and nobody really took the time to do that with me, they just kept throwing me on the fire with no hesitation. The terminal manager sucks !! She doesn't like to give time off to anyone but her favorites, she switches schedules up like crazy, you cant have no type of personal life, and she is always screaming and cussing. Not a professional place to work for.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
No lunch break, the people are rude, not professional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kenan Advantage Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight