Kenan Advantage Group Employee Reviews

Micromanaging
Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 17, 2019
The billing department will not allow you to grow and transfer to another department. Supervisors and management are micromanaging and there are no paid breaks. You must clock in and out. Training is below par and if you have a question regarding a load, expect a condescending answer if your supervisor ever gets back to you. The work environment is unethical and inefficient.
Pros
Cafeteria and gym
Cons
No paid breaks, micromanaging, poor management, management will stifle you from transferring to another department
Driving Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 6, 2019
Good place to work. New trucks to drive ,New trailers. Clean and well kept equipment. The dispatcher was easy to work with. Good class of Drivers working there.
Management Style
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 6, 2019
Management styles are the key to a great team.
You need to be able to adapt to various learning styles and personalities. This is a great job for someone with previous experience.
Pros
Great benefits, down to earth VP and president, pay is excellent.
Cons
One person can tear moral down to the ground.
Run for the hills as fast as you can away from this company
Fuel truck driver (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 27, 2019
My typical day starts by arriving to find an incompetent minority co-driver that destroys and breaks everything on the equipment and is Untouchable to all , because management is afraid of discrimination lawsuits .
This company does not care about your personal life or any safety concerns , the only thing they care about is sticking a warm body in a truck to deliver a load .
If you enjoy stress of imaginable levels ,fixing other incompetent operators mistakes on a daily basis because management tells you that you have to because you are the professional operator .
Trust me when I say this company is no good !!!!!! Beause it's the third petroleum tanker outfit I've worked for and I would gladly go back to my previous two Hazmat jobs without even thinking twice about it !!!!!!!!!!
The only positive thing with this job is absolutely nothing except 70000 + salary which you work an average of 65 to 70 hours in 6 days...... be prepared to work 12-16 hr days and have almost no home or family life because they make you work every weekend and holiday for eternity or till you die or quit this company...
I would rather drive a box truck for Salvation Army or or McDonald's for $12 an hour .....than deal with the ridiculous stress of redundant stupidity than ever work for this company again .
If you are desperate for a job or need hazmat tanker training then apply , but don't stay long because this company is a joke !!!!! management is useless and corporate is just a rubber stamp of sweeping it under the rug technique !!!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
anxiety, stress, negative everything
No comment
Truck Driver/Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PAFebruary 1, 2019
I do not wish to write anything in this space neither good nor bad , Yes it is a place of employment with a paycheck and benefits, Holiday pay weekly checks
Fuels Dispatcher
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 27, 2019
It wasn't a bad job and the people I worked with I liked. The main reason I left is I felt like we needed more dispatchers to cover all the shifts. We had to work a 12 hour day and then take the work phone home with us but we not compensated for those extra hours.
Pros
People, Flexible, Learned a lot
Cons
Working and not getting paid
They work in the hostile take-over biz not fuel delivery
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 10, 2019
If you like being treated like a number, this is the place for you, The job is tough in the beginning like any job, and not rewarding once you learn, good luck, and find another company to work for.
ok
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 9, 2019
I spoke to the Vice President , and we had an interesting conversation -in which we came to an understanding on an employees point of view that better explained why the company should pay there drivers much more. Kenan advantage group INC.
This place sucks
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 7, 2019
I was hired December 19th trained with a cool driver for two weeks and I didn't get paid, I didn't drive either sat in that uncomfortable passenger seat almost three weeks. I had to quit because they didn't pay me. I'm calling the labor board and may get an attorney this place is not organized and should not be in bussiness.
Pros
Cons
Dangerous gas
Good place to work.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 26, 2018
Good and relaxed place to work. Management could use some help. Overall work is pretty laid back in the crude oil side. They do not pay overtime. Work schedule is s little crazy also.
Trucking accounting
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHDecember 19, 2018
Kenan was a very nice company to work for. The problem I had was that is was too big for me. I prefer a smaller company where I know all of my co workers. A typical day was to arrive at work and begin to review tax documents and to process tax payments to the multitude of entities.
HR recruiting
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHDecember 18, 2018
This could be a great place to work but don't leave a long term employer to work for them because they will throw you away like a bag of thrash in the HR/recruiting department. I liked the work but I guess I didnt fit in with their clicks in that department because they termed me after 6 weeks of employment after I left my previous job of 17.5 years as a sales manager to work for them. This department should only hire through temp services so they can pick and chose who they want to stay instead of hiring and firing someone for no good reason. I have always had good work ethic and succeeded with my past employers to being a term for the 1st time in my life.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Clicky women
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLDecember 17, 2018
Good environment and positive energy. everyone that worked at the facility, treats you like family. I highly recommend this job/ opportunities to others
read below
LEAD MECHANIC- SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2018
nice place to work. i worked there many years. There was just no room for advancement and I hit peak for my income

I would work there again at a hirer position if avalilable
Busy workplace but pay is not compensated fairly.
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHNovember 24, 2018
Facilities clean and nice. Had a nice food bar that was reasonably priced. Free coffee. Not a friendly work environment. Not open to welcoming people on board.
Good place to work good people to work for just looking for more compensation
Driver (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 11, 2018
Great atmosphere an great people to work for would highly recommend to somebody looking for relaxed atmosphere an laid back company u do your job an you don’t hear a word only way you ever hear anything is iff your not doing what your assigned to do.
Pros
Drove truck home
Not a good company to work for
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHNovember 6, 2018
For an experienced mechanic the pay is horrible. It is below standards. They will give a lead tech position to the unexperienced. They play favoritism.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay, hours, oncall 24/7
Don't bother
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 2, 2018
Roanoke manger doesn't care about people. Talks about everyone that works for him. No one can do their job right if you ask him. He's more of a Dictator than a boss. The environment doesn't need to be as stressful as he makes it. The job itself can be stressful without feeling like there's a Bully watching over you. Run away!!
Easygoing
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Worked about 4-5days a week . Did not care for pay periods, they pay every two weeks. Was very pleased with the way I was working there I was home 3-4 days a week
JBK in no longer a viable company.
Terminal Manager and Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 19, 2018
JBK was a great place to work until it was forced to merge with CTI and our management was forced out, CTI was a scab company with no standards for safety or quality and treated the JBK employees with disdain. The 2 companies were rivals and CTI's management was put in charge and they gutted JBK's equipment and people.
Pros
Was once the leader of the industry and respected
Cons
JBK was gutted by the new CTI management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kenan Advantage Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight