KenCrest Services

KenCrest Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
KenCrest Services selected this as a representative review
great company
The best job I ever had great families and great office members and a lot of good memories for sure.
USED to be best place to work
All professional and nonprofessional staff Highly underpaid. Raises never happen. They treat you like a cash cow and couldn't care less about employees.
Changing the CEO and restructuring has been killing morale along with no raises in years. It used to be voted one of the best places to work and won Awards but they haven't won those Awards in years.
Pros
I get a paycheck, clients, and coworkers
Cons
Salary is horrible, bad work culture
Please dear board members-remove the ceo!!
The current CEO is DESTROYING the company and culture with all her restructuring that is not working. Life long dedicated caring employees, including administrative staff our exiting out quicker than you can blink an eye! The consumers suffer because of what she is doing to this once great organization. When are the board members going to wake up and see the mess she has created?? Please help before it is too late!
Work related
They don’t give raise and there is no room to grow that is always a problem when it comes to giving your time to individuals and there is no recognition for your hard work
See review
Administration is absolutely horrible. They don’t listen to nurses and no one from administration wants to take a shift if there is a call out. No sick time.Paid less than you’re hourly rate if you call out.
Great people to work with If you like helping others tis is the place to be Ft and Pt available The benefits are really good too They are always looking for good people
Better as a starter job
Good for college students and high school kids. Only. If you're looking to make a career or if it, please don't. Managers aren't too reliable, and the main office isn't very helpful
Love the individual I take care of but the management is bad. people who work hard are not appreciated at all
Love the people I work for. Missed them when I am off. Management is good but I don't like how they raise old staff. The raise is across the line. It doesn't matter how long you been there.
Pros
love the schedule
Cons
stressful working environment
Dont do it!
This happens to be the worst and I mean worst! Company I have ever worked for. And for absolutely to many reasons to name. First communication is ranking at a zero, the managment is a joke and like to harrass the few that actual work and service individusls. And penalize you for their poor communicztion. Staffing here you get ghost often, waiting on a p
Relief that doesn't exist.
Where do I start...
I think members of upper management have finally discovered that they messed up the structure and culture of the program; so yet again Kencrest is restructuring the program. I hope that this restructuring does two things for this company: 1. gets them back to the original mission of Kencrest Services, 2. Reestablishes trust and appreciation of their staff, which will help improve employee satisfaction and retention. I believe those two things could single-handedly prevent the ship from sinking. I wish upper management knew, and/or cared, about how much of a 'slap in the face' many permanent employees feel working side-by-side with agency workers that are getting paid much more but actually care a lot less. Another smack...not giving qualified employees who already have a great rapport with the house members and staff a chance at leadership because they did not 'pass a test'? Ridiculous. I left for a combination of reasons, but besides the salary and the 'high school-like' fakeness at that office, I left everyday feeling like I was wasting my time, talent and skills..which is not very fulfilling.
Good job
Its was good for the 9yrs ive been there very understandable. Since i be there never really had a bad day the residents always give me joy and happy to see me.
Loved the consumers, painful to witness otherwise...
KenCrest is a disgrace. The only reason why I stayed there so long, and the only reason anyone does, is because they love the work they do. The day-to-day was fast pace and sometimes emotionally exhausting, but at the end of the day, worth it if you like the population. Consistent hours, not great pay but I've seen worse for DSP's. Expect to pay an arm and a leg for insurance though. PTO and flexibility in taking time off is the only real positive, but it's only because they can't afford to fire anyone.

In regards to management, it is extremely hands off. Expect to be told "I'll look into it" a lot. Expect to be told to give consumers meaningful activities and outings to do with no money, last minute changes (when I say last minute, I mean last literal minute). Expect to be told to lie on paperwork to accrue more community units (more $), expect to cover your butt when you get falsely accused (by management). Management there just wants a paycheck, or to retire. It is the worst workplace culture I've ever seen.

It was truly heartbreaking to watch, and ultimately why I couldn't do it anymore. It's the consumers that suffered the most, and they didn't even know it. So much about it felt ethically wrong, consumers were almost never encouraged to make their own choices. They were not treated with respect, let alone given the tools and opportunities for real personal growth.

After I left a few months ago, at the end of 2019 day programs (where I worked) and related services began being restructured. Employment specialist make decent money, but I decided I'd rather work
 - more...
Horrible!
The company wants you to go above and beyond for them, but the pay is absurd! Doesn't matter how much you satisfy the clients they don't appreciate the staff. They only acknowledge the bad and it be minor mistakes. Management has favorites they keep the bad and get rid of the good! Benefits are horrible! Work environment is uncomfortable.
Don’t work here unless you kiss people’s butts
This is the worst company you want to work for. They only will appreciate people that will kiss their butt. You report neglect and staff sleeping and lying on the job but they keep them and the person that reports it gets the boot. They only care about themselves and not the people we serve and not us!!!
I worked with Adolescent adults to allow them to have independent living.
My most important gratification on the job was the joy on my Clients face that allows them to be as independent as they can be. I also enjoy taking them out of their home environment to go to a movie, restaurants and shopping.
Love for life
This company is a great company to work for they are compassionate and understanding and will work with you their mission to provide equal opportunity to mental disabled individuals is a blessing great Healthcare great benefits
At the end
They are not the same company they used to be when I first started yrs ago they will burn u out understaffed, not professional, don’t care bout the individuals at all ,
upper management and directors are clueless and don’t care about clients
Upper Management chases good hard working middle management staff out the door by piling so much work on them. Most recently the supervisor of this program left because she was pushed to extreme. Director of program is mean and rude and has no clue of what goes on in the homes and rarely ever visits to know about program or clients. The worst part is how overnight nurses sleep all night and it is allowed to happen, even when they are caught and admit it. HR won’t fire them and DON said they should rest. Imagine if the state found that out? Nurses making good money while sleeping on the job. It is shameful.
Horrible place to work
Absolutely horrible place to work , they don’t care about the clients let alone the staff , you’re overworked , underpaid and they are always understaffed . The ratios are never right , the rules are not enforced , between the supervisors whom are high and the facility manager who screws staff it’s just very unprofessional, don’t do it to yourself , the turnover rate is so high because people get tired of this place very quickly
Some challenges
As with any job, there's a balance you must establish to be productive. This is a fast-paced position, so it takes energy, dedication, and perseverance to perform to your capability.
Worst company ever
The management team is horrible. They want you to follow a chain of command and when you do you get ran around in a circle with lies! The insurance is high. No sick days only PTO with 24 hrs of long term medical a YEAR! I wouldn’t recommend working with this company
Ask a question about working or interviewing at KenCrest Services. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight