KenCrest Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Low pay & no raises
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 5, 2018
Working at Kencrest long term becomes very frustrating. IF you ever get a raise, its only when they raise starting wage. I have worked for Kencrest for nearly 8 years and I make EXACTLY the same as new hires. So, there is no reward for loyalty and merit. You will see many coworkers and managers come and go. There are some good managers but most are simply on a power trip and look down on staff, play favorites, incite gossip, behave unprofessionally. Being a direct care staff can make you feel invisible, overworked, and certainly underpaid. If you can take all of this in stride because you truly enjoy caring for others, then you may end up like me. In the end, I am happy while performing my job duties despite a gross lack of compensation and respect for the direct care givers.
Pros
Rewarding work caring for others, building relationships with others, Watching individuals blossom with proper care and attention
Cons
Low pay, lazy coworkers, power trippy management.
Terrible management
Community Home Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMay 26, 2018
They say they care about the people working for them but they do not. It’s almost impossible to get any problems that you have solved unless you go through the HR department. Even then sometimes you do not get the expected help. Management always only look out for themselves and they have favorites. Sometimes you work so hard, you don’t have time to take a break or take lunch. You practically cannot call out or take a day off for your own family emergency. The consumers are what makes the job worthwhile, not management. It requires a lot of patience and dedication to work there.
Pros
The consumers being taking care of
Cons
No breaks - No recognition for hard work
Productive Days of every day care all day
Residential Aide/Instructor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2018
A typical day as a DSS is to provide care for intellectual individual in the privacy of there Homes and at the Day care Facilities...If it is am care than breakfast, lunch meds as well as showering dressing and preparing the consumer for that day. If it is pm than you are doing possible pick ups for programs preparing dinner and lunch fro work shops Meds pm care preparing consumers for bed. evening activities are included as well as appointments, shopping etc. if clients are wheel chair bound assisting with ambulatory diaper changing and toileting...
Cons
there are 2 ten minute breaks and 30 min lunch every day
Good job to start with
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, PAApril 6, 2018
This job is flexible and can be great for people who need an extra part time job because you basically choose your hours and match up with other people to work with. You meet great people and gain lots of experience. I experienced difficulty with this company when it came to any sort of promotions or raises. I have worked there for quite sometime with not much monetary recognition for my work. The salary does not provide enough for everyday life in the full time position.
Pros
People, experience, flexible hours
Cons
Salary
Productive, challanging
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAMarch 22, 2018
Its a good place to work if you love caring for people. But its very challenging and they don't pay you enough for the work you do. They also need to fix the work schedules.
Team Building
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 10, 2018
I've learned how to be more of a team player. When I first started I was quiet kid who lacked the team player skill. It was up to one day I came across a challenge that I need to learn how to work with others.
Very fun work place with a lot of activities for staff and consumers
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 10, 2018
It’s pretty much a system in place for staff to follow, on weekdays staff come in and do a check around the house than they head out to pick up the guys from day program, weekends The guys like to catch a movie /go out to eat .
I can honestly say i learned a lot but the most important part i learned is how to properly care for an individual with disabilities some require a lot some don’t but i can say i truly and sincerely loved this field of work
Pros
Bonuses, staff appreciation
Cons
No breaks, lack of communication
Job is fine
Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJanuary 23, 2018
Pays well, but can be a lot of drama. Not a lot of room for growth among staff. Patient ratios are great and more homes opening to provide opportunities for employment.
Pros
manageable work, good pay
Cons
management
Company was fair to work for.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2017
Good employees were treated poorly, while bad employees were treated with respect. Working environment generally hostile if you followed policy. Good employees left.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lack of team work.
Wouldn't recommend
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PADecember 4, 2017
Management is terrible. Job security is great. Mainly 2nd shift. If you live in Philadelphia and use public transportation you probably wouldn't want to work 2nd shift here. Won't get off until 10/11pm.
Pros
job security
Cons
bad management
yes very productive
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 24, 2017
It was fine. I loved working with my clients. I felt need and a regular basis.Taking care of my patient's gave me great joy. Looked forward to going to working every day!!!
Kencrest
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PANovember 12, 2017
The job was very great even though it was a few things I didnt really agree with. Kencrest have very good management and your input on thing that need to be done at your site really matters.
It was a good place to work at.
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2017
It was a pleasure to work at Kencrest. I learned alot of new skills, through trainings and working with experienced staff. The enviornment was joyable, and staff members were respectful. KenCrest have specific staff developmental trainings which allow Teachers to learn news ways in which they can teach children ages three to five.
Pros
Enjoyable environment, summer employment optional.
Cons
KenCrest does not offer 40 hours a week.
great environment to work.
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 19, 2017
an exciting working place, meet people with mental disabilities, and a diversed environment. administration of medicines to the clients, arrange for their appointments and daily programs.
Pros
caring, tolerant
Cons
health aspect
love my job
residential advisor (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 22, 2017
A very diverse company, new changes have taken affect that are challenging yet effective overall. My immediate supervisor is wonderful. she is fair, honest and helpful which helps a lot with the job. Being at kencrest has been a great experience for me.
fast pase makes the day go by fast
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PASeptember 2, 2017
Working in a environment where I am able to help someone in need has always been joyful for me, but working under certain conditions while being underpaid has been very stressful also. I am unable to live on my own with the pay that I receive.
Pros
helping and caring for the handicap
Cons
being underpaid
favoritism
resisent advisor (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 28, 2017
As long as you agree and stay quiet with management you will be ok. I was up for a promotiona and when asked why I didn't get my promotion her reply was "I forgot". Very poor communication from management but don't tell them that, they will say you cant get along with anyone.
Flexible with school schedule
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAAugust 17, 2017
Kencrest services is a great company to gain experience working with individuals. The group homes have a home environment and the individuals that we serve are very appreciative and make you feel that you are making a difference in their lives.
Pros
helping individuals to be as independent as possible
Cons
extremly demanding at times; low pay rate
Friendly and Flexible Workplace
Respite Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2017
Friendly and flexible workplace that teaches and practices responsibility and practical thinking when handling patients and management skills when dealing with the case of emergencies. Skills are used and strengthened every day when applying them to the work that is required.
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits, friendly
Cons
Long shifts
staff was great
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2017
The staff is great here. they have a lot of opportunity's available the ones that have a far apart and you have to travel one place for a hour and another place for two hours.