Kendal at Hanover Employee Reviews

kendal at hanover
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJuly 17, 2018
The place was filled with wonderful residents and workers but the management was horrible.The manager seemed like she had no idea what she was doing and she was not organized.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The management at the time
New management caused issues
JANITORIAL OF SENIOR CARE RESIDENTS (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJuly 2, 2018
New management caused issues. When I first started there I really enjoyed the job and the management team. Everyone worked as a team. As time went along they decided to go a different direction I felt it lost its personality which is very important to me
Pros
Great benifits at that time
Cons
Changing management
A fun, safe, and caring environment
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHJune 22, 2018
I enjoy working at Kendal, it is a very upbeat environment. The manager in my hall is a great manager and a great person, she is always willing to help us. The part I would say I like most about the job is that I get to help the elderly.
Poor management, low wages, nice benefits
Utility Operator/Cafe Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHMarch 30, 2018
Although I was part time, my full-time coworkers said that they got everything from dental to paid vacation time. After 5 years of working there my pay did not increase enough to even reflect the economic inflation let alone cost of living increases of the area.
nice place
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHDecember 27, 2017
Residents are very enjoyable to be around. Always something that is needing to be done, very easy place to work. Everyone is very kinda and helpful within the facility.
Fun workplace, suited for any and all types of workers.
Summer job spent working as a Yurt counselor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NH 03755December 22, 2017
I miss working with the elderly dearly, Everyone was truly kind and giving. I highly recommend working a this location as their employees work alongside their elderly peers and not just for.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Management team
Very clean and nice place to work,
LNA (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHJuly 16, 2017
I do enjoy working at Kendal. I"m looking for a change in work and also for a day shift position. At Kendal there is not much room for transferring shifts.
Money is good but...
cook (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJanuary 6, 2017
Good pay and benefits but very constictive and controlling environment.Creativity is definitely not encouraged.They are lookin for people who are basically robots.When i was there very recently half the culinary staff failed the simple serve safe test.That set the tone for me as to what type of employees they were looking for.I was hired by a chef with the understanding that was how the kitchen was goin to be run.When I left they promoted an unqualified sous chef to save money.Sad because the place had so much potential if it had been run in the proper way.
Pros
Money benefits
Cons
Poor management, underqualified management, stifiling environment, limited positive interaction with residents understaffed
One of the top employers (if not the top) in the Upper Valley
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHNovember 5, 2015
What I like best about Kendal is:
* Size of the company. Not too big, not too small: You get to know everyone likely within the first 6 months if you work full time.
*Child Care: Best child care in the Upper Valley period. Do your research and you'll know what I mean.
*Getting paid to help: It is incredibly rewarding to help our population. A smile from a resident after you help them will make your day, guaranteed. It has always been lifechanging to me.
*Tuition Programs: Some requirements apply, but once when you quality you get to use these programs to advance your education. Thanks to Kendal, I was able to take an APL class at CCV and advance my education and now I am 5 classes short of my Associates in Computers Science.

It is definitely one of the best workplaces in the Upper Valley without a question and I highly recommend you to give Kendal a try.
Very sincere, engaged staff & residents.
chef (Current Employee) –  Hanover NHOctober 9, 2015
I have worked as a chef in hotels, resorts & restaurants for 40 years.The residents here enjoy high quality well prepared food. Their tastes range from simple & basic to well traveled & adventurous. They always express appreciation for your efforts, have input into what we do (dont do ) & give constructive feedback.
Anyone who works in food service will appreciate the friendly, professional atmosphere. There is little to no excessive scheduled hours & life work balance is at the forefront of the values at KaH. This also applies to managements schedules. It is the only place I have ever worked where I have been told I was to take my 2 days off or that I should not be here for an extended amount of hours. Rare in my experience.
Pros
benefits, staff info meetings, staff input

Want to know more about Kendal at Hanover?

Ask a question
Such an enriching career opportunity.
front area (Current Employee) –  HanoverOctober 9, 2015
Working for Kendal is a breath of fresh air. The environment is upbeat and friendly. Support to continue learning is always available. You can take courses, seminars or programs onsite and offsite depending what you are looking to do. Wellness is integral to the atmosphere both for employees and residents. Classes are offered to assist with this.

Everyone wants to help make your day genuinely better. Walking down the hall you'll be greeted regularly with a "hi" "hello" "good morning" "how are you" from other staff and residents.
Pros
excellent food, onsite fitness room and pool, great educational opportunities
Cons
none so far
they only own a few building and able to take care of employees
Rounds Staff (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHMay 28, 2015
since i left the dining deparment i understand it is run now by a contract management company. Enjoyed the job for the 7 years i was with them as i went through high school and collage
Pros
pay
Cons
nothing
Fun, education, and happy environment to work with the geriatric population.
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHJune 30, 2012
At Kendal at Hanover I have grown and worked for many years. From working in dining, to daycare, to nursing, Kendal is a great place to learn and grow. Always willing to help out, I was able to get experience throughout the varies floors in the nursing unit. From assisted living help with an assisted medication administration to meeting the full care needs of residents with varies disease processes. Learning the lives of Kendal residents and making a daily impact on their everyday life, Kendal has been a great place to learn and progress my nursing knowledge, as well as working as a team to make each individual as happy as can be. Throughout the varies shifts, as an LNA, I assist with everyday ADLs, transferring, toileting, feeding, and socialization of residents. We assist with passive and active ROM and any special needs that are needed. Teamwork within Kendal is a very strong and important part of the day. Although difficult, we also assist residents and families at the end of life. Kendal has helped develop and love nursing. It is a place I am always willing to come back to.
Pros
learning environment, teamwork, strong relationships with the residents we work with everyday
Cons
short staffing, the loss of a resident

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kendal at Hanover. Our community is ready to answer.

Kendal at Hanover Reviews by Location