Kendal Merchandising Services Employee Reviews

If you want to bust your butt and have your back hurt.
RSM2 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2018
If you hurt yourself on the job, or so kendal doesn't do anything to help you out. The management most of the time doesn't want to help you out when you need the most. They say all the time we are there to help you and appreciate you,which they are not. The district manager NEVER listens and then tells you are mumbling.

During the busy holidays when Costco is there to help you up set up the display, the tend not to be very helpful. If you don't mind busting your butt and run around like a chicken, then by all means.
Pros
1 hour lunch, work alone
Cons
Not enough pay, crazy at holidays
Great COmpany to work for
KMS Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad CAAugust 14, 2018
I had the pleasure of working at Kendal Merchandising as a contract employee. I absolutely loved working for Kendal. The hours were great M-F set schedule, two 15 minute breaks and an hour for lunch. The pay was competitive and the environment is totally relaxed. This company is in the import and distribution of flowers so it does operate 365 days a year. There are busy peak times as well as regular paced times during the year. This company offers a great benefit package and also has perks. I give it a 5 star rating and would go back there in a heart beat but I am now living out of state.
Pros
Set schedules, great pay, ideal location in Carlsbad
Cons
Busy during holiday seasons
Really easy and not a day will be boaring
inventory, sales, customer service (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 11, 2018
The product we sold which were flowers put a smile on everyone faces so it will put a smile on yours and with all the beautiful colors and smells will keep you relaxed and motivate you to keep the smiles and happiness going
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
Not enough hours and manager was rude
Overall Great Experience
Floral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 3, 2018
Overall the job experience I had here at Kendal Merchandising Services was a great one, from the very first phone call to the in person interview was fairly easy, they are really welcoming and make you feel comfortable, I would recommend applying here
Cons
not enough hours
Not bad like others are claiming
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 24, 2018
If you are a hard worker with a great work ethic and can take instruction there is nothing hard about the job. I worked the Mother's Day holiday week as a temp. Yes we were so busy that at times that 4 Kendal and 2 Costco employees could barely keep up. But you just keep on keeping on and get your job done. The Costco people assigned to us were very helpful.

The HR person and the person that interviewed me over the phone were both very personable and helpful.

My first non-exempt job (since high school) so it was nice to have 2 15 minute breaks and a hour for lunch (rather than working right through).
Wish I’d never done the hob
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAMay 24, 2018
Horrible management, we trained for one day outside sitting at a Costco food court table for about 3 hours and the following day was left blindsided by what to do. Management did not care. I simply walked out and never came back, apparently the one day my manager came into check. Glad he could take over! ;)
Pros
Cons
No breaks, quick pace, one man for a three person job
Fun with Flowers
Floral Manager (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAApril 16, 2018
It was a great job if you only want to work part time but there is to many split shifts. 29 hours a week so they deliberately screw you out of full time hours which is only 30. so no insurance no paid time off no benefits at all. I personally need insurance which is why I quit.
Overworked employees and a high turnover rate
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  UtahApril 13, 2018
This is very physical and fast paced work, I actually enjoyed that about it. This company does seem to be understaffed and has a hard time keeping people so they ask too much of employees that have stayed with them. Management wasn’t that great either.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Management and understaffed
Gorgeous flowers, horrible hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2018
For some reason my paychecks are always a couple of days late from them. And when you contact HR about it, they just won't answer. But the flowers are beautiful and a daily checklist keeps the workers on track. The hours suck though. Getting up when it's still dark outside and working holidays. They are really generous with their breaks though, at least. You get a lot of them. The cooler is poorly designed and barely fits a mop in there.
Pros
flowers, breaks
Cons
horrible hours, slow paychecks
Wish I had never taken this job.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 2, 2018
It was so awful. The Holidays are crazy and the company expects you to do the work of around 3 to 4 people by yourself. It is physically exhausting, breaking down 3 to 6 pallets every morning, working weird hours for holidays either really early or really late or like a 13 or 14 hour shift. It is ridiculous. I have heard they have trouble keeping people in these jobs and it makes sense now, you don't work directly with anyone ever. You are always by yourself and you work inside a large warehouse but you don't work for that warehouse so the warehouse employees treat you like you are a constant nuisance, its a truly awful feeling. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Pay is okay, no supervision whatsoever if that's your thing.
Cons
Crazy holiday hours, no direction, working alone, bad management
Fun job and nice coworkers
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Working under Kendal taught me sales and interacting more with people, gave me confidence about myself. I also learned to exceed goals and get promoted due to my performance
Working and providing good customer service is a High Quality, that has been acquired.
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 15, 2017
No review, Up at 5 am. arrive at Costco at 5:45 am. retrieve invoice from warehouse manager to view how many pellets of merchandise that had be delivered.I manage daily inventory: daily receivable counts and daily “out” counts yesterdays merchandise and call it in before 8:00 am. When I receive my pellets of inventory on the sales floor, I stock by rotation, the rest I put it in receiving for excess inventory to restock merchandise. Rest of the day I restock and customer service
Pros
great employees at Costco
Cons
No benefits
How bad do you need a paycheck?
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 16, 2017
This is only a job if you need a paycheck for a short amount of time. No career advancement and toxic, unprofessional management. The nature of the work is repetitive and feels like you are "selling" jobs to people.
Very unfriendly management.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  CarlsbadNovember 4, 2017
I worked there for a short period. It was the worst experience of my life. The HR managers were a click. They acted superior to everyone. They did not lead by example. They do not value a positive working culture.
Pros
An hour lunch
Cons
Bad management from the lower HR management to the head of HR
Fun place to work, can be quick paced and must be ready to multitask!
Floral Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAOctober 25, 2017
I found myself feeling happy when I left work everyday knowing I had helped somebody’s day be a little brighter with flowers and a conversation! monotonous work same thing everyday except holiday! Holiday schedules get you some more hours!
Pros
1hour lunch for weekend, samples at Costco
Cons
Fixed hours
Look elsewhere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 2, 2017
Management was terrible. One was flighty/never kept her word, and one (HR) was as friendly as a piranha. Your bosses don't do any of the training and won't help out ever. Takes advantage of the recruiters. Staff turnover is high for good reasons.
Great place to work and good pay
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 14, 2017
This is a great place to work, especially if you are just starting out in the work field. The work is highly easy but slow paced, the pay is good for the amount of work you are doing. The only downfall about this company is there is not enough hours.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Wonderful work environment
Floral Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 29, 2017
you clock in, count inventory, throw away old flowers, water all of the flowers, take a 15 min break after two hours of work, then you make sure they all still look good. Keep the floors dry by mopping them often, talk to customers about your knowledge of flowers and sell them flowers.
Pros
fair time off, and fair pay!
Cons
Great place for the self-motivated
Lead Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 4, 2017
This is a great opportunity for anyone in sales who would like the opportunity to be creative. Great culture, supportive management. This job is not for those who need someone to direct them from start to finish. You must be self motivated and flexible.
Working and learning about flowers and the industry is a wonderful experience.
You will work hard, this job is not for people who like a laid back environment. You must thrive in a fast paced job.
Smooth and Fluid
Floral Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 4, 2016
I had a good time working there, the shifts were smooth, the direction was good and the people were great. I was taught how to complete certain tasks well and my co-workers were easy to understand. the most difficult part of the job was changing the water of the plants and receiving shipments. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed enviornment and the flowers.
Pros
Free Samples, Breaks, Lunch
Cons
A lot of walking, Restock

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kendal Merchandising Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Kendal Merchandising Services Reviews by Location