Kendo, a division of LVMH

Kendo, a division of LVMH Employee Reviews

Kendo, a division of LVMH insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

onboarded remotely so i'm not really impressed with kendo so far

onboarded remotely so i'm not really impressed with kendo so far; there's no clear structure/process in place; people lack follow through; managers are really indecisive which affects strategy of the project

Pros

salary is pretty high

Cons

management isn't great; process is lacking

Intern

I was an intern at Kendo. My experience was wonderful in terms of the immediate team that I worked with. They were incredibly kind, patient, and willing to teach me new things that I have already carried with me to new jobs. However, there was no effort from senior management in terms of securing me a job at their company in the future despite telling me 10x over they loved having me, and I made their lives easier.

Bully environment

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Kendo, a division of LVMH is non-existent. While the company preaches that work-life balance is important , the senior leadership team does nothing to change this. The expectation is to respond to after office hours calls, emails and texts. Many times, I witnessed team members being called out for not replying to emails in the evening. In these Covid times, there truly is no delineation between work and life.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Kendo, a division of LVMH are OK at best. They throw money at people to stay as soon they threaten to quit. They underpay you, then expect you to be thankful when they actually right-size your salary.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Kendo, a division of LVMH, I think that you will only be successful if you bow down to the VPs. The moment you raise a hint of a challenge, your work will be questioned. You will only advance in your career if you are a yes person. Any hint of disbelief in what the GMs say and you are immediately put on their watch list to push out.ManagementIn general, most of the VPs at Kendo, a division of LVMH, are not qualified to be in their position. They have been quickly promoted to their roles merely by riding the coat-tails of the success of the brands they lead. Prima donna behavior is rewarded and they are seldomly reprimanded for inappropriate behavior. Many times, I witnessed other cross functional team members being spoken to like a child and reprimanded in front of others. I often felt bad about seeing this happen. -

Pros

Free makeup

Cons

Bully environment

It’s like the movie the devil wears Prada

Very unprofessional management. If you enjoy cat fights, daily rumors, and a place where it’s not what you know but how much booty you can kiss then this is the place for you. The upside is the yearly Vegas trip and free products. The down side is lack of structure and project management.

Work Life Balance

Kendo is a fast paced company that can quickly burn out their employees. Depending on the department you work in along with your manager you may be able to navigate through the work life balance challenge.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Fun, Fake, Competetive

Overall the company was a fun and exciting place to work. However, the management teams across all brands was unorganized and catty. Many of the executives were rude demanding and did not promote growth or work-life balance. They gave away a lot of free makeup to compensate for the work conditions

No worklife balance

Although I enjoyed the bulk of the work, I didn't enjoy working 60+ hrs a week. They are understaffed which puts more pressure on the current workers.

Amazing brands and products with great people but tough work environment.

Great company, amazing brands and innovative products although sometimes difficult and indecisive executives. No training, but if you are scrappy and can handle working under no direction then you'll be great. Pays well and awesome teams.

Pros

401k, health insurance

Company of bullys

The company have started developing a bad reputation in the UK for how they treat their staff at brands such as KVD. They are highly unfair, discriminate against staff, have extremely poor communication skills, fail to listen to the comments from staff, neglect to pay expenses on time also there have been many instances of bullying by members on counters but also from head office. Unless you are willing to suck up you will not get far and regardless of how hard you work, your level of passion and skill you sadly will be passed over. Very very disappointing and quite frankly disgusting conduct from the company.

Cons

Allocation never given on time, poor head office, no support, back stabbing

Kendo Brands

I enjoy working at Kendo Brands. Working in the Beauty Industry in interesting. I've learned alot about brand development and the power of social media. Its a fun culture.

Depends on team... could be awesome

LVMH is a terrific parent company that does a lot to promote positive change in the world and in the workforce (over 135k employees worldwide); I was proud to be part of the LVMH family. At Kendo, depending on the team, the hours can be REALLY long (as in literally all-nighters every week or every other week long hours). Ultimately the super ridiculous hours, the crazy amount of work, and not having any backup support finally made me realize that I had to resign. Kendo was the best possible choice for building my skill set and being a springboard to further my career, as I was able to build and create with nearly total autonomy, which was super exhilarating. I’m grateful that I took a chance on Kendo when it was in it’s early stages and got to be part of the krazy ride that was Kendo!

Pros

Work for LVMH, 4 weeks of vacation, lots of free makeup and skincare, snacks, 401k match, good perks/benefits, career springboard

Cons

Ridiculous amounts of work depending on the team

Poor communicators and organization

I enjoy the actual job I do - but the people that supervise me are distant, moody and preoccupied. Took them over a month to train properly, no one had the focus or time for me to get to work like they needed. Little kudos or encouragement, you just have to set your mind on the job and leaving to go home with little engagement - it's not particularly friendly, though the fellow co-workers are nice -it's the leadership that is like a clique and is not consistent with their company promises to their remotely based employees about Half day Fridays and call for much overtime and weekend work - terrible work/life balance. No sense of trust and camaraderie. When they tear through over 35 temps in a year's time, and CEO and controller leave at once together, and many other higher positions have been vacated en masse at corporate side in the short 3 months I've been there - I think it says something about the company. Not a place I think I want to invest my future in, as they are not that invested back in you.

Pros

The work is busy and makes the day fly by.

Cons

Poor organization, poor support, poor work/life balance, poor communication and openness

Poor experience

It was a bad experience working for this company. Poor management, HR, teams and culture. No processes or logical structure. No IT team or support, no management support, high turn over rate, no career advancement, too many unproductive meetings.

Get ready to compete with 20 something year olds

The enthusiasm about the job is way more valued than professionalism. You can get really far if you just stick around and put up with craziness. Overall, it's a decent place to work but keep in mind that majority of people there are women in their 20s. Not necessarily bad workers but sometimes lack training.

Fast Paced

Kendo is successfully becoming a household name in the Beauty world. Kendo is a small brand incubator with an impressive brand portfolio which includes Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, Marc Jacobs and Fenty. Kendo is an exciting place to work but is extremely fast paced with limited structure and process.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Process is lacking

Challenging

It was great while it lasted. For those that like to work and keep busy, this is definitely the place you would want to work. I worked in the satellite office in burbank that only consisted of the Accounting department. Because the company grew so fast, there were many details that slipped through the cracks and created more work than was necessary. But if you like forensic accounting and love a good challenge like I do, then this is a great place to expand your knowledge! The only complaint that I had was that it was very strainfull on my eyes. Due to the amount of work, I was starring at the computer screen for two whole hours at a time. But other than that, the company itself was great!

Pros

Free samples

Cons

Short breaks

Creative work environment

Office environment is bright and energetic. Everyone is hard at work creating beautiful packaging for popular brands. Big plus is that there's so many talented individuals that are extremely kind to one another and just makes the whole experience enjoyable.

Pros

Everyone is talented

Cons

Sometimes commuting to the office sucks

Summary

Competitive analysis: product development, regulatory and quality checks, and assisting with gathering information to successful kickoff and complete packaging artwork with the creative team. Assist team with current projects and day-to-day operations.

Productive and Fun workplace

They provided me with opportunities for upgrading my skills and my personal characteristic development.

Pros

with transportation

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kendo, a division of LVMH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Kendo, a division of LVMH with