Kendra Scott Employee Reviews

Wonderful culture and team just pay is not good.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2018
Kendra Scott is a wonderful place to work and always has wonderful group of people who work there, But, the pay is not that good and working weekends can get old.
fun girls place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2018
The managers always make the environment a fun place for young women and encourages new outfits and jewelry to wear. However working here does get expensive because once a style goes out of season you can't wear it to work! You are also required to wear three pieces of jewelry per shift.
You are lucky if you work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2018
They only hire girls who they find pretty as part of their marketing strategy. If you get hired it is good pay for the job. Prepare to wear heels and make up.
Kendra Scott Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2018
This summer, I have had the privilege interning at the Kendra Scott home office. This has been an experience unlike any other and I am so thankful for all that I am gaining from my time here. From the people you work with, the beautiful environment, positive spirits and attitudes, incredible amenities, and tangible experiences; I would highly recommend this program to anyone and everyone. I have gained so much from my time interning at Kendra Scott and I wish I had more time here! I continue to learn more each day from everyone in my department, and I am confident that this experience will take me to a whole new level when applying for jobs post graduation.
Pros
Friendly Work Environment, Great Experience, Great Amenities
Great coworkers and atmosphere, great discounts, compensation could be higher
Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 30, 2018
Loved my coworkers and team - great culture and environment. Not a lot of opportunities for advancement from what I saw. Compensation should be higher, but associates do get great discounts.
Wonderful
Seasonal Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2018
Although it is stressful to remember the price, structure, and name of each piece of jewelry, the work place is nothing but wonderful and the manager is incredible. I would recommend working here to everyone I know.
Fun place, longtime friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX 76092May 7, 2018
I really did love the job at Kendra Scott. It was very fast paced and the discount was a huge perk. You also get commission on the monthly sales which was also a perk. Management was a little iffy. Once any of the girls got a key holder positon they would get on a major high horse and treat you a little differently. I mean I understand they had to but it could be really harsh at times. All in all it was a fun decent place to work and you do meet some pretty cool people wether it be a customer or a fellow employee. A lot of high schooler girls worked there too. That wasn't a bad thing but from time to time they would stir up drama.
Pros
Free food, Good friends, Commission
Cons
Short breaks, Bad hours, Management
Great College Job
Inventory Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 26, 2018
I worked here throughout and a little bit after college and I loved it. Great culture, very flexible manager, and of course awesome jewelry discounts! Management really does treat you well.
Cons
Seasonal Hires during the busy holidays aren't trained well enough, which makes the busy days really stressful.
Don’t work here
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNMarch 26, 2018
If you are a black woman or male don’t work here. The environment is prejudice and also the management team is inexperienced. They show very strong favoritism and there is no equal opportunity.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else.
Decent workplace, with clique-like management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 22, 2018
Kendra Scott is a great place to work, its the girls you work with that make it fun. They care about developing their employees to an extent. Upper management is very cliquey, and if you're not willing to drink the kool-aid, don't plan on progressing with the company.
Pros
Good discount, get to wear cute clothes
Cons
Short breaks
Fun, family style work enviornment
Full-Time Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day at Kendra Scott is customer focused, ensuring that anyone who enters the store receives incredible customer service and experiences a picture perfect, visually pleasing environment. Learned a lot in terms of management, communication, visual merchandising, and customer service. Upper management is fabulous, management in individual stores is not always as great. Workplace culture is wonderful and family oriented. I loved the friends and connections I made with my coworkers and customers.
Colorful Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2018
Nice working environment, easy to learn the merchandise and how the stores run. Some girls who work there are snotty but the majority aren't so it's easy to find people to get along with. No commission if you are seasonal but you get paid more per hour. Customers are amazing because they are so excited to be at a Kendra Scott store.
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 28, 2018
Dressing up and wearing all kendra scott. Organizational skills need to be increased. Fun environment. You do have to buy the jewelry you wear in the store.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Productive, fun, and family feel of a workplace
Full-Time Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day consists of helping customers and making them your top priority. We always want the customers happy and go out of the way to do that. Kendra Scott loves giving back to different causes and events.
Pros
Great discount included
Fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Great internship program
Fun teams to work on
Mani/Pedi in office
Free lunch weekly
Led on by management about possible growth within company
Generous Discount
Good company, boring job if not based in the South
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Due to my particular area's little knowledge of the company, work days were pretty slow and sometimes customers would not come in for 3-4 hours at a time. Days tended to get boring because everything that needed to get done for the day was done within the first few hours of the day.

I learned A LOT about retail here and overall, it was a good place for my first retail experience but the hardest part of the job was the management as well as higher position individuals. There was no one to turn to if there was an issue in the store and if you did tell someone, they would question you so hard that it seemed that they did not believe you or they would take what you said and do nothing about it.

It is an absolutely lovely place to work when people are aware of what needs to go on to make the location strive but when there is a lot of mess and confusion going on with management, it gets pushed on the employees, leading to a semi-stressful environment.
Pros
good pay, generous discounts, fun customers
Cons
boring shifts, management, HR does not do much to help with in-store issues, harsh physical critique
Still love the company, just wish I was paid better
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  OkNovember 17, 2017
This is a great company to work for, but so many people leave to work for conpanies that actually pay. In a management role I should be paid significantly more than a part time associate but I'm only being paid .50 more. The store management team tries to tell you that with your commission checks it'll even out but when you have almost 30 people on staff the commission pool at best is tiny. They can and will cut you from your shift if it is slow and the tell you "you don't have to" but make it very clear they want you to.
Pros
Employee discount and Great girls
Cons
Little to no pay
Fun and inviting place to work
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 4, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people and a product I loved. Even though the holiday season is stressful it is still such a fun place to be because of management and the coworkers.
HORRIBLE management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 3, 2017
Working for this company I quickly discovered that it was extremely cliquey. The manager of my location was very unprofessional and rude. The company in itself is amazing but the management does a terrible job in conveying that.
Pros
discount
Day
EXECUTIVE PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO KENDRA SCOTT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2017
Kendra Scott, while being a philanthropic and wonderful company, could be at times stressful and the culture of "busy" was sometimes more important than the actual work,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kendra Scott. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight