Kenmore Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

Internship
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYNovember 21, 2017
Was not able to experience more due to lack of available internships within the Human Resources field. However, the knowledge that can be gained is crucial for working with unionized organizations
Nice co workers
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJuly 31, 2017
Management is really bad there. They don't know at least in the Department how to supervise the staff. You tell them things that are extremely important and they ignore you, until a higher up person says something, and then they do something. They don't listen to the staff. They sit at there desks a lot, and they really never go up on the floors to see what's going on. Never check someone's work to see if the rooms or discharges were cleaned properly. When I first was there we had great bosses. HR and departments don't communicate with each other, or with their employees. Hardest part of the job is working for an employer who doesn't do much to help the new people get trained correctly and treat there employees decent, like a human being, and not just a number. New people coming in are making more then the people who have been there forever, and they lose new employees fast there. Every year new people coming in make 2 dollars more then people who have been there forever, which is horrible.
Pros
Cons
get called away a lot on breaks
Quick Paced but Fair
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14217July 8, 2017
The floor I worked on was very well managed. More often than not we were well staffed and worked well as a team. There was never a moment where we felt blind-sided by an event, and each day, though stressful, was manageable and never overwhelming.
Pros
Pto, requests almost always granted, flexible schedule
Cons
High Stress environment
Great hospital
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 12, 2017
I worked here as a PRN position in the Radiology department. Nice small hospital where you get to know everyone very well. I was also a student here in school and enjoyed it so much that I decided to work here as a PRN tech.
It keeps you moving
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYMay 11, 2017
The hospital is often very busy and we see a lot patients on a daily basis. Often times its not enough coverage during busy times. Unfortunately because the ER is so busy and often hectic with the inflow of patients there is a high turnover rate.
Pros
Good hospital to work at
Cons
short breaks, high turn over
Kenmore Mercy internship
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 28, 2017
I interned at the blood clinic behind the hospital for 3 weeks in order to completely my phlebotomy certificate. The employees were very nice and supportive, and the patients were very sick people who needed understanding and assistance.
Pros
set schedule, weekends off, frequent breaks
Cons
monotonous office work was required of employees
good team
RN (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14207March 3, 2017
I feel like hospitals focus too much on patient satisfaction scores which is not always going to portray the reality. Overall this hospital has treated me well, it can be a draining profession overall but the team members at this hospital are unparallelled.
Hospital outsourced entire transcription department to save money.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Transcription/editing variable workload, could be asked to take paid leave. Learned voice recognition software and editing. Management did not support workers, problems left unaddressed. Increasingly toxic atmosphere. Sometimes stressful trying to keep up with productivity goals. Enjoyed typing and learning medical treatments and terminology.
Pros
Opportunity to learn in hospital atmosphere.
Cons
Job increasingly devalued, then eliminated and sent overseas to boost bottomline and throw quality away.
Excellent place to work for and staff was great
Sterile Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYFebruary 20, 2017
My typical day on the job was delivering sterile instruments to the OR staff when needed. I would also put sterile items back on the shelf and fold linens. My managers were amazing and accommodating. I enjoyed my job to the fullest and looked forward to coming in on my designated shift.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, not a set schedule
I was here for school
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYFebruary 14, 2017
I was here for school. It was filing, typing, and data entry. Some people were nice while others were not. I was only here once a week and that was it. I interned and basically did whatever I was asked to do. A lot of the work was work that nobody else wanted to deal with.
Loved the job!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Love working at KHM only disadvantage it is a unionized hospital. Coworkers and management were great. Lots of effort put into the care of patients.
Family atmosphere
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYNovember 15, 2016
Close staff who provide excellent patient care while following hospital and state guidelines. Each patient is taken care of by caring staff member.
great hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2016
although one of the smaller hospitals in buffalo, kenmore mercy is a wonderful place to work - you get to know everyone you work with which makes it feel very welcoming. Staff and management are very supportive of your professional enhacement.
Good job
Monitor Tech/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYAugust 16, 2016
A focused and goal-oriented workplace that also includes a culture of caring and teamwork. Most coworkers are friendly and genuinely interested in your well-being. Everyone helps each other, as much as they can.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the conflicting values held by the business and the clinical aspects of the workplace; i.e. money doesn't readily blend with morality.

During the evening and night shift, things are pretty relaxed, but during the day it can be quite busy with management, clinical staff, and patient movement.
Pros
Cafeteria, coworkers, wellness center
Cons
Not much
State of the art Emergency Department but with limited staffing.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 30, 2016
Full of hardworking employees but is constantly understaffed. This is a concern for the safety of the patients being cared for.
Professional place to work, compassion is stressed throughout facility.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYAugust 10, 2015
Staff is friendly, no compassion shown to staff from administration, cost of living raises given, no yearly raises. They say their wages are competitive but workers disagree.

Morale is low.
Pros
large corporation
Cons
Poor staffing, lunch breaks short if any at all.
Time was too short to rate
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJuly 9, 2015
I only worked with the company for 6 months and a part time basis. but; I enjoyed working my the Physician I worked with. He is supportive and kind, always there when you need him and smiling all the time.
Nice work environment
patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kenmore NYJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work. Enjoyed working with all my co workers, and management. I learned from many different different cultures of patients.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no affordable benefits
At Kenmore Mercy Hospital everyone is friendly and always willing to help.
Nursind Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenmore,NewYorkJune 10, 2015
My typical day at work is having 30 pts taking care of them any and every one i work with help out the manager dr etc. My boss is easy to talk to and will help u far as schuedule in any type of way.The hardest apart of work is call off it put more work on everyone.At the end of the day is the most enjoyable part of my job is getting the job done.
Pros
The Dr.buy us cofee also lunch often
Cons
Short staff and call offs
A very busy unit
RN (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJanuary 14, 2015
I worked on a medical/surgical unit that was always hopping. The staff was nice to work with.I had a chance to use my acute care skills here like starting IV's , drawing blood, working with patients that were attached to monitors etc.. Patients being admitted and discharged. There was always something to do.
Pros
using skills you don't get to use in a skilled nursing facilty.
Cons
physically and emotionally draining