Kennedy Health System Employee Reviews

Master's Level Behavioral Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 20, 2018
Productive and fun workplace, with supportive co-workers, and opportunity for growth and advancement. Ideal place to develop clinical skills to contribute to overall professional growth.
Same Day Surgery
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  SDSMay 1, 2018
I am a Unit Secretary in Same Day Surgery. I communicate with every employee throughout the institution which includes physicians, nurses, technicians, administration as well as family members. I enjoy what I do mainly because I am a "people person". There is nothing better than to see a patient and family members smile when they are discharged from our facility.
Pros
Teamwork is always needed in this department.
Cons
Fairness in some areas need improvement.
You'll work with great people but administration is terrible
Health Coach* Bariatric Navigator (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 30, 2018
I love the patients I work with and my co-workers. They are supportive and compassionate. However, the upper administration will tell you all your ideas are great, you'll have freedom to make your job your own and make you think you'll really be able to help your patients and then you find out you were lied to and they had no intention on doing any of that, but make you feel like you were wrong. I have seen the same thing happen to every provider in my office and it doesn't matter their importance. They string you along and then shut you down, over and over again.
Pros
great co-workers, clean envirnment
Cons
administration as a whole
Kennedy provided an instructive and hands on enviornment, so beneficial for interns.
Clinical Mental Health Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  kennedy health systemApril 21, 2018
Excellent facility for interning. The staff and management provided a welcoming and instructive environment. The manager designed a program that consisted of experiencing both group and individual counseling. The experience included counseling for both adolescents and adults. The clients at Kennedy included drug and alcohol addiction in addition to mental health disorders.
A typical work day consisted of several hours of group counseling and activities that were beneficial to addressing the main client issues and paths to healing and recovery.
I learned to apply some of the skills that I developed in class and over the years. Reading the clients or the atmosphere of the group may change the days program so flexibility is key in the mental health field. Another important skill that I was able to practice is listening to both verbal and non verbal clues.
The hardest part of the job for me was when a client successfully completed the program and would later return.
I enjoyed the welcoming atmosphere at the workplace, the diversity of the clients, and the daily interaction with the clients. As a whole my internship was a rewarding and valuable experience.
Pros
diversity of clients
Ugh
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 15, 2018
The staff looks down on you like your nothing coworkers sit on their runs will walk over you always short staffed pay is horrible manger sometimes checks but never wants to help
Pros
Gateway
Cons
Low pay
Good Company to work for
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 11, 2018
Kennedy Health was the best company I ever worked for. I worked for Kennedy for over 10 years. Working with the patients was the best part of my job. I wish I could still be working there
Friendly people
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJApril 6, 2018
I did enjoy working for Kennedy Health System. I was a new mother and wanted to find something a little closer to home. Kennedy really seemed to care about their employees and had incentives for them to achieve their goals.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington Township, NJMarch 29, 2018
Every growing facility, offering a great amount of experience.
Good benefits, including tuition reimbursement.
Much better than I have now, wish I waited to latter to move.
Pros
Good People t0 work with
Cons
Very busy
Top Work place in South Jersey
Practice Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarltonMarch 8, 2018
Awesome culture and the greatest leadership team. Team oriented organization. Safety is a priority. They are very considered with staff. Service the community is a plus.
If a full time position became available, I'd seriously consider it.
Radiologic Technician (Current Employee) –  Stratford, NJFebruary 15, 2018
I've only been a per diem tech, but yet treated as if I were a part or full time employee. This system values all it's employees regardless as to whether you are part time, full time, or per diem. I was invited to a luncheon honoring those employees that have been with them every 5 year period. I get gifts from umbrellas, to hats, jackets, and shirts. I have been able to go to a Phillies game with a $12 concessions card for free the last few years.
Pros
Various free gifts, being treated like a valued employee despite being on a per diem employee
Cons
ER is small and not equiped to handle volume of patients that have been coming in recently, equipment issue a little too frequently
Verifications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJFebruary 8, 2018
Good strong workplace friendly good management good workplace culture learned to compete for any position, work for a typical day at work productive and life balance
Er tech
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, NJJanuary 27, 2018
Worked here as an emergency room technician. Interesting cases, allowed me to observe advanced, critical medicine, which helped me prepare for what would eventually become a career as a physician assistant
Benefits was great.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJJanuary 12, 2018
Kennedy was a great place to work. It had great benefits and the co-workers was very helpful to one another. It was like a family environment. I loved the benefits and the 3 day 12 hour shifts, but the work load was very overwhelming and back breaking at times. I believed they should have hired more people for each unit and the pay could have been far better for the amount of work that was required of the CNA, but overall i like working for them.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Maternal monitoring
Ultra Sound Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington Twps, NJJanuary 3, 2018
I started working at Kennedy Washington Twp just over 2 years ago. Its sucks when your the only one in your department that knows how to do a proper sonogram. I worked in a hospital in Philadelphia that would not have hired these supposed Ultra Sound Technicians to empty bed pans. Philadelphia hospitals have such higher standards. I should have stayed here.
Nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJJanuary 3, 2018
Nice place to work, everyone works as a team, very clean place to work, residents are well taking care of, only down fall is the 12 hour shifts,not sure if 8 hours are offered
nice atmospher - good team work
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 28, 2017
busy day from entrance to exit
everyone dept works as team
schedule is flexible with everyone taking turns on holidays
patient care is priority - and all employees work together
Pros
nice atmosphere - flexible work schedule
Cons
sometimes short with people on the floor
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 28, 2017
I loved working at Kennedy! There was always an opportunity for advancement. The management is always willing to help out when we were short. Gave us luncheons throughout the year.
Excellent ER
Registered Nurse/ Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington Township, NJOctober 24, 2017
Worked 12 hour shifts in an extremely hectic Emergency Department , reality vs. working insanity is the every day experience in any ER, but this had to be the busiest ER I've ever worked in, but really great people
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work
Environmental Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 11, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the effortless team work. the team work was awesome. Coworkers always was there when you need it. all in all the company have a great work environment. .
Not a good place
saff (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 10, 2017
Don't work there

No one knows what the heck they are doing or how to make a decision

communication is non existent
They preach one thing and do another
Pros
Cons
watch your back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kennedy Health System. Our community is ready to answer.