Kennedy Health System

Kennedy Health System Employee Reviews

United States176 reviews

nursehospitalpatientco-workerbenefitenjoyemployeeskill

No room to grow in my department

I enjoyed working within my department, but was not much room for growth or hours to increase. Co-workers were great, mangement above my immediately manager,...not so much

Pros

flexible

Cons

no growth

Felt like I was in high school

Surgical center in Washington Twp is like high school all over again. Management plays favorites to certain staff and neglects all others. Cliques were very prevalent within the workplace. I would definitely NOT recommend working there unless you like being treated as an outsider even if you’ve been there a few years.

Pros

Always breakfasts during the week

Cons

Very cliquey, play favorites, lunches are usually given very late or before 11:00 am. Management is awful.

Kennedy Health System insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Room for advancement

Great place to work, they truly care about their employees. Worked there many years, would not have left company if me and my family hadn't relocated. Health benefits are great and excellent work life balance.

Pros

Advancement opportunities

Marketing Intern

I had a great experience interning at Kennedy and learned quite a bit about Marketing and PR in the healthcare sector. My position was unpaid unfortunately but I feel what I learned was worth the experience.

Was a great hospital to work for.

I have no compliance for Kennedy. I enjoyed my time there. The departments that I did work in was excellent. I worked there 2005 to 2010. I would love to go back if I was still living in New Jersey.

Open & Warm Culture

This was my first Corporate position. I was expecting it would be more stuffy. But it wasn't. The management team, both at Corporate and at each of the 3 hospitals, was welcoming yet professional. Keep in mind, this was 23 years ago.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

For me, driving to New Jersey was a hassle.

Their racist there at the Healthcare Center

Do yourself a favor apply somewhere else. Where your work ethic can be appreciated also valued. There aren’t any people of color in Manager /Supervisor positions. Only nurses and aides at the Healthcare Center

Pros

There are no pros but a unsatisfied paycheck

Cons

At the healthcare Center, You will never be valued all u will be is aide basically a slave

Great learning experience

Working in the ER was a challenging yet rewarding part of my career I was able to learn time management skills and help treat patients of all ages and all acuity levels

Would recommend this business to anyone who is looking to work in a inclusive friendly environment Work /family time is amazing incentives to promote productivity

Pros

People you work with are amazing

Cons

Not enough staff

Awful place to work

Management at Kennedy health business office located in cherry hill was awful!! Mean managers that belittled their employees!! I was there for 9 years and my last year was a nightmare!!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kennedy Health System?

Great Workplace!

Senior staff are very open door. Your opinion matters. Well respected team environment. Many growth opportunities with mentoring and training. Many locations for advancement.

Great Experience

It was a great experience also an amazing opportunity where I could learn and grown in my career. I learned a set of skills, that made me competitive, and efficient. I became a great team player where I learned multi-task skills, conflict resolution, leadership skills, and literacy.

Pros

Career development skills

Cons

No place for growth

great leaning experience

I learn how to draw blood, bladder scans ekgs, it was a great learning importunity in a fast pace critical care environment, I learned little trick to make the work process go easier and faster.

Disappointing experience

Poor communication from management and favoritism is a set up for failure for new hires. Worked here 4 months until someone made a false accusation and an opportunity to defend my position wasn’t provided. Disappointing experience overall.

friendly productive, very active

i was happy working at kennedy, it's an experience i'll always be fond of, my shift was 3-11:30 pm great shift.i enjoyed the hussle & bussle of everyday. you never knew what was coming thru your unit.

Pros

everyone treated fairly

Cons

alot of running

Friendly staff, varied experiences, great support from management.

Worked at all 3 divisions. Great culture and management. Rewarded for a job well done. Good communication with patients,staff and the community. Salary fair. Good benefits for all employees.

Depressing job

Theres always bickering. Management believes staff is out to get company. Prejudice nurse practitioner. Nurse practitioner always bullying staff .....

Pros

NonE

Cons

No benefits... Doesnt pay overtime worked

The best thing about Jefferson/ Kennedy Health is my co-workers.

Was a great place to work.Management used to be fair. Now it’s who you know mentality. Unfortunately, your direct supervisor has the ability to turn a great job bad. HR protects the bully’s job, not the victim.

Pros

Good management equals good job

Cons

Bad management equals bad job

Good place to work...alone

This is a good place as far as being a pc technician. It is not too busy of an environment, though there could be extremely important rush jobs needing to be done. The only current downfall is the management for the team currently (they are more focused on project work than day-to-day issues).

Pros

benefits, hours, workload

Cons

management

Productive yet outdated

The workers who have been here for 10+ years are extremely knowledgeable and basically run the system flawlessly. However, there is not enough positive recognition by management. Additionally, interdepartmental managers that work closely do not treat departments equally.

great working environment and great teamwork

I worked there for 30 years. I work 12 hour shifts in ICU. Our management is awesome and teamwork is top notch. The hardest part of the job can be emotional strain when working with critically ill patients and their families. The most enjoyable part of my job is making patients and their families as comfortable as possible through a difficult time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kennedy Health System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • Kennedy Health System
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?