Kennedy Health System

United States12 reviews

Kennedy Health System insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Great learning experience

Working in the ER was a challenging yet rewarding part of my career I was able to learn time management skills and help treat patients of all ages and all acuity levels

great working environment and great teamwork

I worked there for 30 years. I work 12 hour shifts in ICU. Our management is awesome and teamwork is top notch. The hardest part of the job can be emotional strain when working with critically ill patients and their families. The most enjoyable part of my job is making patients and their families as comfortable as possible through a difficult time.

Every growing facility, offering a great amount of experience.Good benefits, including tuition reimbursement.Much better than I have now, wish I waited to latter to move.

Pros

Good People t0 work with

Cons

Very busy

Excellent ER

Worked 12 hour shifts in an extremely hectic Emergency Department , reality vs. working insanity is the every day experience in any ER, but this had to be the busiest ER I've ever worked in, but really great people

What I learned

Working in the hospital setting in a huge benefit for new nurses. I was able to learn time management and critical thinking skills quickly which helps in every field of nursing. The on-going education provided by Kennedy was top notch as well.

Administration does not stand by what is says

To many knee jerk reactions when problem solving. Doesn't listen to staff. Staff is wonderful, caring and put patients first. Would be nice if management and administration did the same for staff.

Pros

Salary, benefits and staff

Cons

Administration & management

Great workplace with generous compensation as well as staff recognition.

Great workplace with generous compensation as well as staff recognition. Management maintains good communication with staff. Kennedy culture is supportive. Overall, Kennedy is a great place to work.

I am able to adapt to new challenging situaitions. I am also hardworking,detail- oriented and reliable . Moreover,I am compassionate and caring .

My typical day at work involves taking care of 6 medical -surgical patients , responding and treating change in heart rhythms and rates according to doctor's orders . Identifying early change in patient status and intervening by calling the doctors to get orders, or seeking assistance from the rapid respond team. In the capacity of a charge nurse, assigning patients to coworkers , and assisting with discharge of patients . Assisting coworkers who have concerns, or if they have needs regarding patient care or concerns . Communication with house nurse supervisor regarding patient bed assignment or needs that cannot be directly addressed on the unit . Patient education and direct patient care End-of life care The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to learn something new every time I'm at work. The sense of fulfillment I get in the care I provide to my patients The opportunity to be a leader . The ability to assist my co-workers and be a part of a team who have a goal of high quality care for the patient .

Productive and a great learning experience

Great place to learn and work. Supportive management, that are willing to help you grow, develop and succeed. Employees are very friendly.

good experience

worked in medical cardiac icu for a time prior to that worked on pcu with post op open heart patients

Pros

good experiencce

Cons

time to learn more

worked in various areas

Increased knowledge base of Medical, surgical, Orthopedics, Progressive Care, Telemetry, intensive Care, and Emergency room nursing for nurse out of nursing school.

Supportive Company

As an organization, employee continuing education and patient care are priorities. Because of this, I have great respect for this community based health care system. It's a hospital where I felt that I was able to make a difference when I was at work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kennedy Health System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Career recommendations for Registered Nurse

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Kennedy Health System
  • Registered Nurse
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?