Kennestone Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Kennestone
Performing Great Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 2, 2018
The job is not hard at all its all about time management, I work with some really nice people who love people as much as I do, the most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on my patients faces
work environment
Staff Nurse, Emergency Dept (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 28, 2018
acceptable work environment, developing care of trauma patients, quick admission process from ER to floors, adequate response to neurological emergencies ( stroke patients)
Interesting and great place to work at
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 25, 2018
I was a Hospital Volunteer for a brief time and hoping to eventually get my foot in the door at Kennestone as a Medical Assistant working Front Office or back office but I think their requirements are too strict . Because I was a volunteer, I wasn't eligible for benefits, but the work environment was excellent and very friendly . The Management was outstanding . Job security was top notch and I felt very safe while I was there , sometimes when I got a job to transport or transfer a patient it was confusing because of the hospital being so big , I think a General Map will help, but other than that.
Pros
Being able to use the cafeteria
Cons
No benefits
Not a safe hospital for patients.
Assistant Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 18, 2018
The units are very understaffed. The nurses are severely overworked many medications occur enough to send patients to ICU. Many regulation violation and regulation violations here. I was in fear of loosing my license. The Heart Center and OB units were the only safe units at Kennestone.
Pros
Cons
Do not work here.
Poor Management
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Department management does not support staff. The pay is poor, especially for new grads. The assignments are dangerous! Department management has favorites.
Pros
Great staff therapist to work with
Cons
assignments are dangerous!
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 12, 2018
Great place to work, Pay is not as strong as downtown hospitals. hey offer a pension on top of your 401k. Would recommend, especially if you live near marietta.
Pros
pto, pension
Cons
lower pay
Good working environment, with a lot of room for employees to grow professionally
Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Refresher (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 16, 2017
For the short period I was at Kennestone Hospital, the day was fast paced, very supportive staff, willing to lend a hand and making sure I understood everything I was doing and felt comfortable in performing the procedures.
Patients needs came first, and family members were also taken care of and included in what was going on.
I was made to feel welcomed and comfortable in doing my job.
Pros
Breaks are taken according to your own pace and work load
Kennestone
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 27, 2017
I truly enjoy the work that I do. I meet all goals and objectives. I learned to supervised others through the management department. It was always pleasant to help clients.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients. We deal with patients that have no income. Medicare and Medicaid patients as well. We also have numerous specialties we work with.
benefits
Cons
management
The periodical nursing in service is what i enjoy.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  marriettaOctober 17, 2017
My typical day begin with morning report, medication administration, participating in doctors round. If any of my patient is due for sugery I will get him or her ready for the procedure. I continue to monitor and manage the patient for the whole shift. If there is any in service for the day I will participate in it.. I enjoy working in Kennestone hospital because series of in service that they conduct periodically which help a lot to enhance my knowledge in some new nursing innovations. The hardest part of the job was working when we are short of staff.
Very supportive atmosphere for nurses
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 11, 2017
I worked in a neuro step-down unit. Typically, I had 4 patients under my care each shift. Helping patients recover from their surgeries or illnesses was very rewarding.
Was working as a volunteer completing my externship at the time serving in various Departments and locations as well as hospital .
Completing my externship at the time . (Former Employee) –  Marietta , GaSeptember 23, 2017
As a medical Assistant , and having the opportunity to serve with empathy and compassion to the community on behalf of well star . Wellstar is a great place to grow and ENHANST ones skills . I completed my externship serving in many areas . As well as COBB General Hospital and Cbb wellstar physician Building code filing . The staff at both wellstar Hospital sites were just great and such a friendly atmosphere and place to work and call home . I just love the opportunity to serve there again and to be of service in the community making a difference to shine where I love to serve !!!
Pros
Being on time for the job and to complete my duties daily .
Cons
To take my assign breaks as required and not over .
Employees strive for excellant patient care
Desk Clerk/Nursing Assisant/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 6, 2017
Working at Kennestone I really learnt excellent patient care by watching the staff. They were friendly, reliable and team players. The hospital was clean and they encouraged you to come back.
Fast-paced work environment and unpredictable
REHABILITATION AIDE (FLOAT) (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 24, 2017
A typical day is hard to describe. Every day is something different and I never know what to expect. Which is why I enjoy working here. On the other hand, what is expected of you is to always have a good attitude and be ready to lend a helping hand.
Fun place to work in
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 20, 2017
Good management personalities. Directors and House Supervisors are pleasant. Co workers try to help each other and work well together on my home floor and others I have floated to.
Great Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 14, 2017
I work for Kennestone for 8 years in which I most definitely enjoyed as the people that I worked with were like family as weall looked forward to seeing each other on a daily basis
great atmosphere
CSS Attendant/Rehab Transporter (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
Work was consistent and not hard to handle, Co-workers were courteous and respectful Daily learning activities kept interest.
Pros
security
Cons
uniform
Unorganized and horrible management
Pastry Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 14, 2017
Expect to do things you're not trained for then get blamed for it. Lies are told as well. Was hired for afternoon and then was told to come in at 4am.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Pay for lunch, unorganized, lack of communication
Great clinical experience
Cardiac Center and IMCU Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 14, 2016
I go into the hospital to check-in, then make my way to the IMCU. I begin stocking the main medical cart, and then go from room to room restocking patient medical carts. For the rooms that are vacant, I will make sure they are prepped for new, incoming patients. If they are not, I will prepare the room. The management and other associates are all very nice, and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job is see the misfortune in some of the terminally ill patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I made a difference in some of the patients' lives that I interact with, no matter how small the difference may be.
Pros
Free Lunches, friendly work environment, great medical field exposure
Cons
Tedious tasks, short shifts
Lowest Pay in area for Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 5, 2016
Not enough diversity in the lab. Phlebotomists had pink hair, long nails, complain and gossip all the time. No team work. Unorganized an when being trained, everyone wants to be the boss. Not enough Indians. 14.48