Kennewick General Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Would give out promotions and allow for advancement
OTHER EMPLOYMENT HISTORY LPN to RN (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 21, 2018
I primarily worked the surgery ward. I would prep patients prior to surgery and received them and followed the physician plan of care. Then I became the director of the Cameo Women's Center. Where I worked with a medical doctor dealing with women health care. I put on yearly women seminars and headed the Optifast diet clinic. Went out into the community at various organizations and promoted the clinic and hospital. Truly hated to leave the hospital however my husband worked for the federal gov and he was transferred from WA to another state.
Pros
Being able to advance, being appreciated.
Cons
while doing floor duities very fast pace without breaks or needed staff
Good place to start out
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 3, 2018
This was my first job in the lab. It was a great place to start out and grow because of the slower paced smaller hospital. The supervisor at the time was patient and excellent with training
cook for staff and patents
Chef (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 6, 2017
night cook, Had to stock and refill frigerator for all the departments. cook all staff and patience food to order. help do dishes, stock frigs,'make back up batches of meats and cheese.
Pros
Let me work around my other job.
Cons
got off work at 1 a.m.
Review Summary
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 17, 2017
Very cutthroat environment-not alot of team work or overall team-work. Managers are always complaining about everything and uppermanagement was always threatening you with your job! I worked my tail off and tried to do the best I could and I was always being called on the carpet about things that were beyond my control. Nurses were always complaining about each other and gossip abounds in this hospital. Nothing is confidentail and everyone knows each other's business. Not alot of gratification for hard work and it appears as though they hire just so that they can fire! Not a good place to work AT ALL!
Pharmacy Tech
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 20, 2017
Great service for patients
Great pharmacist and staff
Room for advancement
Friendly staff
Great cafeteria
Hours are great depending on your needs open on weekends too.
Professional atmosphere
Transcriptionist, Lead, Editor (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMarch 28, 2017
The experience of working for this organization varies greatly depending on your department and supervisor. Overall hospital policies are reasonable and they work to keep everyone informed and aware of requirements and opportunities.
team player
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 24, 2016
A very friendly family like hospital where you can find people with a smile everyday on their faces. They are always ready to give a caring hug to employee and patient.
Pros
recognation to employee
Cons
good benifet
Now called Trios Health
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 12, 2015
I loved working at KGH/ now Trios. Everyone on staff is happy and positive. They foster a great team spirit among all areas of staff from Environmental Services to Nursing Staff and Physicians. They love their patients and their staff and go extra miles to make them feel special. Free lunches when we were shorthanded or were too busy. They make sure you are well taken care of. Enjoyed the team atmosphere and support.
wonderful medical insurance for family members
Reimbursement Specialist/Physician Billing (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 13, 2015
The worked with wonderful people and the pay scale was a little unbalance for all the many tasks that we had to do.
My favorite part of my job was working A/R and appealing state insurances.
Pros
medical insurance
Cons
pay scale
researched denied claims, key punch charges and pmts for multiple providers
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 22, 2015
We had multiple providers with different specialties. My job mainly was to oversee the billers and research denied claims. I also covered in keypunching charges and payments when needed.
Pros
billing for mutilple specialties
Cons
change in management
New hospital !!!
Medical Oncology Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMarch 4, 2015
Nice people who want to do great things for the community. They use Studor for management training and customer service skills.
Management was a joke for my department
Polysomnographer Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 4, 2014
It is a good company and I loved my job! The people where great, we all got treated very well. We where a small clinic with a very tight knit staff that all got along very well. That was in tell we got a new manager, everything fell apart after that. We had a staff of twelve and 10 got fired or quite. She was awful. I would work there again in a heartbeat! So long as the last manager was gone.
Pros
Great staff! Awesome Dr. to work for!
Cons
Very bad management.
fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 4, 2013
fun loving people, great place to work.
I loved it & wish they could have moved with me.
Productive and fun workplace, workers are very friendly.
Volunteer, KGH Sport Physicals (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 11, 2013
When I volunteered it was fun. I learned how to handle costumers and give out company information. The co-workers were very friendly.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Dietary
Patient Chef (Current Employee) –  Kennewick WAAugust 4, 2013
Our job is pretty straight forward, dependent on the doctors orders for the patient we fallow what the individual may or may not have. At times it can be frustrating for a patient to not receive exactly what they are craving, we do our best to accommodate there needs however we can in these guidelines.
Kennewick General has been incredibly flexible with my school schedule, which changes drastically every three months. There were times where I was able to be rehired on with more benefits at these times when I was available. I am so thankful and grateful management has been so kind to me in this regard.
Fun, never boring, exciting atmosphere
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 17, 2013
I perform bedside registrations in the ED obtaining and verifying insurance information, and obtaining current demographics. I register inpatient and outpatient patients in the family birthing center and then perform bedside registration in the family birthing center. Perform registration for direct admit with proper order of the house supervisor. Pre-register all ambulances, and emergency room department patient by obtaining the name, date of birth and reason for their visit. I give the triage nurse their information, all prior to their full registration at bedside. I perform registration for outpatient diagnostic imaging patients. Act as greeter, and help friends and family find their way to patients. Switchboard when needed, transferring calls to the appropriate departments.
Its a job
Distribution/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  kennewick, WAMay 3, 2013
I enjoyed this company they have a great staff. Management didn't handle employee situations very well witch led to disagreements, such as vacations, and holding employees responsible for their actions.
Pros
Great staff, fun job
Cons
management taking action
excellent pay, values not staff centered.
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 10, 2013
Customer is ALWAYS right, to the detriment of staff, no matter how unreasonable the patient was in their requests. CEO likes to golf ALOT. Bad blood between KGH and Kadlec, very stressful. Building new facility after many challenges. Had good family environment with most co workers.
Cons
customer is always right.
learned a lot
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 12, 2012
i learned a lot and obtained good experience. there was a lot of politics and gossip but i did make good friends
benefits
Cons
a lot of gossip
Great learning environment
per diem ER nurse (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 12, 2012
Needs overhaul of management from top down. Finances are poorly allocated while the physical plant is falling apart. Deals made for insurance companies and liabilities are held above patient care, the staff are tired and overworked, moral is stressed and rarely enthusiastic. Despite this, the team is fiercely loyal and enjoy their time there.
Pros
home town treatment, excellent nurses.
Cons
needs upgrade of aging facility.