Kennewick School District Employee Reviews

productive environment while helping others succeed
IT Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 2, 2019
Working for the school district was not a job I thought I'd ever get to experience, especially working in the IT department. This job was definitely slow paced but also very interesting. You learn something new everyday.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
long days when sitting behind the help desk
Great Job, Very Low Pay
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Special ServicesNovember 26, 2018
The job itself is great. However the low pay does not allow me maintain any descent standard of living and is not even close to being in the same ball park for other local part time jobs. The payscale is much to slow moving as well. In order to gain a $3 an hut pay increase I would have to be an employee for another 16 years.
Pros
free vision and dental
Cons
very low pay
Elementary Music Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 6, 2018
The kennewick school district is a wonderful place to work. The administration is fair in regards to TPEP and staff are a joy to work with. The only downside was teaching became an emotional drain.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
tough work life balance
Great flexibility and compensation
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 14, 2018
I did not work often for KSD, but it was a great opportunity to pick up substitute positions between my other jobs at the time. The substitute dispatch system was easy to use, the staff at every school I was placed at was friendly and helpful, and there were many positions open. I would recommend this job to a candidate with previous teaching experience, however, as due to the high demand for substitutes there is little to no classroom management training.
Satisfying but underpaid
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 23, 2018
Working for the Kennewick School District in their special services department as a paraeducator was incredibly fulfilling work, but monthly take due to the 12 month contract was absolutely abysmal. I could not make a living without serious budgeting and struggling. If you are on a single income, this cannot suffice.

Otherwise, the culture at the school I worked (Hawthorne) was spectacular, the principal was excellent, involved, and caring, and the teaching staff was stellar. I enjoyed every minute of time I spent there.
kennewcick review
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 24, 2018
they are a grate school, there are grate people that work with me. they try to help your in any why that they you need there help. they are also grate with all they kids.
Excellent school district
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 5, 2018
Kennewick School District maintains standards of high expectations for staff and students alike. The literacy programs are especially good. KSD is excellent at preparing students for the future.
Tough Love, but lots of support
Math180 Support Para (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAApril 28, 2018
Working with some of the kiddos can be tough, but all of the staff from administration at the district level to support staff are all encouraging and supportive. Ironically, some of the toughest to deal with kids are also my favorite.
Working with the students is rewarding
Para-Educator (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMarch 1, 2018
In a typical day at work I help students in various subjects as well as assist the teacher in grading and inputting scores, typing up grading rubrics for projects, and creating excel spreadsheets for tracking of test scores.
Pros
Flexible with family issues
Cons
Pay
Difficult but rewarding
Lead Self-Contained Autism Teacher (K-2) (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day at the Kennewick School district is stressful and at times intimidating. I have learned to not let the small things bother me and tear me apart. The hardest part of the job in managing 10 plus children with special needs and supporting them in their daily needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children and watching them learn and make connections that they had not made before.
Pros
Time off.
Cons
Expensive healthcare insurance
IT Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 11, 2018
It's a great place to work. I was in the IT department and there wasn't much room to grow there, but everyone was easy to work with. Learned a lot and was a very easy going work place.
Kennewick school district
Babysitting, On-going (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WA 99336December 18, 2017
The main problem with the school district is that the substitute custodians make less than the others but do the same amount of work. It is a very strict environment as well as you need to be extremely quick and efficient
Pros
Good starting out job
Cons
Do the same amount of work as others but less pay. No benefits.
For Every Child
Employee (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 24, 2017
Make a difference in the lives of the future generations. All kids are looking for caring and dedicated adults to guide them as they learn and grow into adulthood.
Pros
Family-oriented schedule
Cons
Pay is determined by the Legislature
Enjoyable experience
OT/PT Para Educator, (Praxis Certified) (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 16, 2017
I worked there several years. Opportunities to advance were available.Appreciated the training available. Enjoyed students, staff and their families. Felt needed and valued.
Pros
Kids, salary
Cons
Sometimes parents had trouble with follow through.
Frustrating lack of support
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 2, 2017
As a new teacher to the district, I expected to receive some support and extra training but did not. I had several problem students and issues in the classroom and received little to no support from the administration.
Good people
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 28, 2017
Overall a good working environment. Most of the people and staff I have encountered and worked with have been positive. On a few accasions I had a negative experience. Overall very happy with the Kennewick School District.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Low pay
Fantastic and fulfilling
Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 1, 2017
Absolutely loved working with the Kennewick School District. Great staff, benefits, support, activities, morale, etc. I would highly recommend applying to anyone interested.
Fun, challenging, ever-changing.
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 18, 2017
Kennewick School District is great to work for. Fun environment, fast-paced. No two days are likely to be the same. Coworkers are awesome and it has been a great experience.
Pros
Fun, ever-changing.
Cons
No benefits
Productive and amazing place to work
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 13, 2017
I love working at the Kennewick school district. KSD has been a wonderful place to work. I have gained so much experience and more confidence while working with students. The senior staff has been tremendously helpful in guiding me and helping me grow as an educator.
Pros
good staff, help when needed, safe working enviorment
cook job
Kitchen Supervisor - Park Middle School (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed the work itself. it was fun and fast paced and kept me busy. it was a challenging at times but I enjoyed that the most. I like to be pushed to challenge my skills and mind.
Pros
enjoyable work, and working with kids
Cons
lack of support from managment