Kenney Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wonderful company
Office Supervisor/ HR & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 19, 2017
Family owned, family oriented, advancement was optimal, learned alot and education was offered and appreciated. Staff was friendly and helpful. Was a team work company
Pros
Advancement potential
Productive and busy
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 30, 2017
Productive and good schedule for my daily activities. There is always plenty of work for me and for my co-workers. The pay rate is weak. The place is moderate clean to be working in.
Pros
free 30 mins lunch
Cons
Break is cuted in two, first 10 mins and 2nd only 20 mins
Tough management environment
Facility and Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 15, 2017
Upper management likes to micromanage and control all situations, leaving little room to express and utilize you own skills and knowledge. Go with the status quo and you will be ok,
Exciting and everchanging
Global Sourcing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 23, 2017
While working at Kenney Mfg., my job responsibilities included communicating directing with China/India vendors to negotiate pricing on open project items, as well as working closely with all internal departments.

I learned a lot about product specifications, Supply Chain Management, the roles and tasks necessary for having a product idea envisioned from Sales to having it become an actual prototype in-hand.

I worked for a wonderful Manager who provided me with all the support I needed and was eager to allow growth as a Buyer and the opportunity to travel.

The hardest obstacle about this position is maintaining a schedule which many other internal departments depended on to relay dates to customers. This included constantly following up on confirmed vendor dates and tracking packages being sent from overseas. Also, information coming out of the Sourcing Department needed to be absolutely correct regarding pricing and price comparisons from bidding parties.

I enjoyed working with my team at Kenney Mfg. at our RI office, as well as working closely with the office located in China, who provided great support. The challenges were always different day to day, which made each day interesting and a constant learning experience.
Great Place
Senior Manager of Brand Communications (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 25, 2015
Built the Brand Communications department and brought several functions in house for a positive impact the overall P&L. Great company with much potential.
Easy and Repetitive.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 9, 2015
Easy and laid back work place with good people. It was a fun places to work and I do wish I could have stayed.

It had it's issues, but every place does.
Pros
Good people, plenty of breaks, easy work
Fun work place
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 30, 2015
I learned to work in a machine as an assembler. The most enjoyable thing about the job was being productive in the work. I enjoy working in a fast pace enviroment
Management needs to get their act together
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 4, 2015
I was hired via a staffing agency. Kenney Manufacturing knew I had no warehouse experience but hired me. They fired me after barely a week because I didn't meet their apparently high expectations.

They said my orders weren't being done fast enough but my supervisor said that's be normal at first. They showed me how to do 3 types of orders. I literally only did one of them on a second day and did the other two on only one day.

They didn't warn me my job was on the line. No ultimatum. No nothing. My supervisor even spoke to me as if I had time, literally telling me about how long before I could be a permanent hire; on my last day he assured me that I'd remain an employee if the guy I replaced came back from an injury.

I went to my agency on a Friday to get my paycheck, was told that Kenney had let me go and that the day before was my last day. Kenney couldn't even tell me themselves. The whole thing seemed odd and I felt very BS'ed and may have been a scapegoat
Pros
Good hours, decent pay
Cons
High expectations, management/hiring seems iffy
Good people who pulled together
warehouse lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJuly 28, 2014
This was a start-up company new to the area. We went from putting in the new storage racks and filling them. I started this job as a forklift operator to ending up as the warehouse lead position. It was basically a fulfillment job. Customer orders would come in in the morning and be filled each day. Then shipped usually L.T.L., U.P.S. or Fed-Ex whatever the customer needed. Being a new company the first manager we had didn't know much about the warehouse business and was only with us for two months. until he was replaced I was asked to step into the role until a replacement could be found. I did the jobs for three weeks and a new manager was brought in. We collaborated on new systems to operate more efficiently. I suggested that we rearrange the products to be pulled from the racks by size and length. I came up with the schematics and it was approved to put into action. It saved the product from being damaged and saved time for the order selectors. So they were not losing time trying to restack the orders after completing them. I trained new employees on shipping procedures using U.P.S. and Fed-Ex. Also set schedule for breaks lunches. I cross trained the whole crew in every area of our warehouse functions. Pulling orders, loading and unloading freight. Stocking the shelves and putting away excess material in overhead storage racks. Forklift, Reach trucks, and electric pallet jack use and maintenance. So if one of the crew was on vacation or missed any time for any reason. There wasn't to hard of a time filling in for them. I learned a lot on how to manage the crew and my own  more... abilities to lead. I did not always agree with the new manager about what was the most efficient way to get the orders pulled. In the end the company that is based in rhode island ended up closing down its salt lake operations. Due to shipping costs. I really liked the company it gave me a taste of learning how to deal with co-workers and being able to run a crew of ten people at a time.  less
Claims & Collection Clerk (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 20, 2013
Gain more knowledge on collections and how to handle claims issues. Processing Credits and Debits.
Co-workers are easy going and fun to work with
Great Brand
Regional Manager Caribbean & Central America (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 2, 2013
Work long hours remotely
Expanded international business & export knowledge
Minimum supervision
Lack of team support
Developing new countries with no administrative support
Traveling, opening new accounts, bringing immediate sales
Pros
Work on a remote location & overseas
Cons
Administrative support