KENS BEVERAGE INC Employee Reviews

Overall the job was awesome
Refurbishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 4, 2019
Personally I love working with my hands and solving puzzles. When you take apart any commercial coffee machine and are told to clean it and rebuild it you can run into all sorts of things. Overheating tank, wires can be frayed and could ground to the machine shocking the crud out of you, bad tank heater, thermostat, hi-limit. I could go on. My only problem with the job was management. I was really good at my job and they expected me to do everything for everyone. Someone needed help troubleshooting to meet their quota it fell on me. I was in the process of being trained for a supervisor position when my car broke down and I had no reliable transportation. It had caused me the job but that was the one job I truly loved being at and apart of.
Pros
My co-workers. The schedule.
Cons
Paid time off, Sick Days, and Shift leads were scumbags
Overall the job seemed easy and well paid.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 27, 2019
The trainer was horrible. Attitude every single day, constantly conplaining about the job and had to drive a hour every morning unpaid and use my own gas to train.
Seek employment elsewhere!
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMay 24, 2019
Bad company from top to bottom. Tech's are good but they can only be as good as management will allow them to be. Junk equipment with very little to no training and a lot of improvising is required on the techs part to get the job done. The company seems to encourage patch work. The manager at the shop I worked for demanded that us techs clean out our work trucks off the clock. To which I didn't comply with and seemed to lose favor for refusing to heed an unlawful demand.
Pros
Good coworkers, lots of driving and a good amount of freedom
Cons
Management and lack of compentence and training, as well as the company encouraging shoddy work
Don’t work at this place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMay 1, 2019
Not the place for anyone who wants to advance worst place ever to work I hate coming here the owner brother is a jerk off and thinks he can talk to people any kind of way
Abusive owners
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILApril 10, 2019
Worst company I ever worked for. I was yelled at to the point I cried on a regular basis. Had my pay cut and was let go after finishing a whole shift over total nonsense! I actually developed a severe anxiety disorder as a result of working there and have panic attacks to this day! They treat their employees like garbage! They live to threaten and punish loyal staff. Do NOT work for this company!!!!!
Fast pace
Lead Install Tech (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80907February 18, 2019
Fast paced and always on the go. Its not a good job to have if you are a family person because you travel a lot. The good is you get compensated for the money spent on food out of town.
Horrible Company
Office (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILDecember 12, 2018
This job will never be on my resume. Management bashes employee's constantly - pay and benefits are a joke. Techs are treated badly and everyone in upper management is just plain rude. Worst thing I did was take this job. No I don't recommend this company to anyone unless you are willing to weasle your way to get a "atta boy" pat to n the head. $14.00 an hour does not provide for a family, especially if you have to use half of your take home to pay for insurance!!!!
Cons
not a place you wont to work
Beverage Tech / Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTNovember 5, 2018
This is a place that i would would not tell some one to apply. The pay sucks and they treat employees like dirt. They don't give there techs the training they need to do there jobs. They push the techs to there max and they don;t care.
Not a pleasant place to work.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 28, 2018
I did not enjoy working for this company. I feel this company didn't care for their for employees. I feel there was no trust or organization while employed there.
They didn't honor their commitment
Commercial Refregiration Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTAugust 3, 2018
I left this company because they did not give what was promised to me,it was a revolving door type of environment,long work days and a lot of times your paycheck would be short.
An ok company
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJune 20, 2018
If you go to work here be prepared for long hours and poor training. But do not ever get hurt the management will toss you out with the trash. So don’t get hurt
Pros
Money
Cons
Strong focus on work and productivity
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJune 5, 2018
Despite my lack of experience in an office setting, Ken's Beverage, Inc. hired me for a part-time admin position. Through my efforts, performance, and eagerness to learn, KBI seeked out additional work to help me become a full-time employee because that's what they knew I was looking for. Despite negative reviews, anyone reliable with a strong work ethic will succeed with this company.
Good Company
Dispatch/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2018
I enjoyed working for Ken's Beverage. Small office atmosphere with a great manager including upper management. The only down fall to the company was pay raises.
Tense enviremen
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 9, 2018
It was a new branch in the company, there was a lot of curves in the road, we worked and refurbished equipment that had sat in warehouse, all in all it was a learning experience
Pros
Long Lunch
Cons
Coworkes not responible
Very very long hours although learning experience gained
BEVERAGE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJanuary 1, 2018
A day would begin at 7 am and continue until all work was completed sometimes until 11 pm.A learning experience traveled to ny.Ny to install beverage machines successfully for mcdonalds corp.
Great
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CADecember 10, 2017
Great place to work. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys to travel and see the country as well as learning a trade along the way. Great place and environment to work at
training
Quality Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 6, 2017
lack of proper training was an issue. company does not give the proper training needed to succeed. no protocol for training and no job security what so ever
processing the bills for install of new soda machines and also
billing clerk (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTDecember 18, 2013
Daily bank deposit, put together all of the invoices from the tech with there work order which they where sent out to so either the service or install. Send the electronic billing to Ken's beverage inc to Chicago IL. Answering phones call putting in work orders for the techs to go out and service location. Filing, copies.
Pros
fast moving company always busy.
great techs horrible management
Co2 Project Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 24, 2013
branch manager screws up time cards and uses "white out" to revise time-card. secretary said it herself, Techs were scared of being fired and never stepped up, i did and nothing was done, great workers there and pay average for a bev tech 15-18 with company truck.
Pros
great co workers, company truck
Cons
horrible management
You will very rarely be home
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 16, 2013
Pay isnt all that great for what you do. Management is corrupt. Owners do not care about employees. Heath care packages are ridiculously expensive