Kent Consortium Employee Reviews

Local school district is a great place to work. GSRP administration unsupportive, lack communication
Great Start Readiness Pre-K Teacher (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 3, 2019
Easily get burned out due to no support when needed, horrible communication with in program, expectations on teachers for students' sucess keep changing and are unrealistic. When teachers need support or ask questions they make you feel like your doing something wrong
Pros
On school year calendar
Cons
Expectations from adminstrators keep changing, and unrealistic
Horrible work environment
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Rockford Public SchoolsSeptember 28, 2018
The worst place to work as a lifeguard. They only pay you minimum wage, lack of communication, they are always short staffed, force you to work an insane amount of hours, management treats staff like children, no breaks, I could go on forever. DO NOT WORK HERE! It is a horrible work environment.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Pay, bad hours, lack of communication, management
Wonderful place ro work
Health educator for spexial ed (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 11, 2017
I enjoyed it alot had health issues so I had to get a new job. I really liked the atmosphere and the way staff is treated. It was great variety everyday.
Kent ISD Schools
EDU Staff Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 1, 2017
Great community. Very supportive and welcoming. I loved meeting new staff and collaborating with teachers throughout the week! I really was able to gain a lot of experience working with the teachers at the school. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new friends and being able to gain my experience as a first year teacher. I cant wait to further my career.
Gsrp classroom are great
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 13, 2016
Gsrp has a great classroom environments for children to learn. the classroom stays in ratio. there is plenty of support for the children.
Pros
pain sick time paid vacations
Cons
the documentations is tedious
Great company to work for
Special Needs Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 21, 2016
I loved driving for Kent ISD, from the very beginning of Kent ISD taking over all the Special needs drivers they were the best company.

A typical day is that of a special needs driver, you're bus, your co-workers, your management, They are very vested in their employees. You pre-trip-your bus, you have on going training.

Hardest part of job, when your kids are upset, you use all tools you have been given and that might not be enough. It's tough job, but very rewarding!

The smiles, your students count on seeing you everyday, and you become attached. It's a wonderful feeling seeing how happy they are to see you everyday.
Pros
Great Health care coverage
Cons
They no longer hire for bus drivers
Temporary
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 9, 2015
Summer Job through school.
I was helping kids stay on task and helping them focus.
They were helpful, not much of a problem.
I have allergies so in the summer I would get sick because of the pollen.
Learning how to deal with kids was the best.