Play YouTube video button

Kent Quality Foods Employee Reviews

Featured review
Kent Quality Foods selected this as a representative review
Great Community!
It is a great place to work. The first few weeks can be hard but once you get used to it, it is very easy. Everyone is very friendly. The management team does a lot of employee appropriation programs, they even paid for my family and I to go to Michigan Adventures. We make good money but we do work long hours.
Pros
Great team, good money
Cons
Good place to keep to yourself
If you keep to yourself there wont be many issues. Lack of communication most times. Favorites played heavily. Our quarterly bonus got taken away. Very diverse
Not worth the hard labor, be very careful!!!
The entire production team is most Hispanics who don’t speak English, but the issue is how they get treated, and how new employees who don’t speak Spanish what so ever just end up lost and quitting the first day. The environment is cold and wet, but on top of that your not really making a lot, nor a little, but definitely not a enough for the hard labor. The time you get out is a mystery. Some weeks you work 13 hours while others 12. At first it seems good, but most of the time you are just sitting doing nothing in the cold because the machines frequently break down. The machines are very old so sometimes you can be looking at a 2:00pm but the. A machine goes down and it takes them two hours to fix, and the. You end up staying till 6:00pm. I’ve seen so many new employees leave because of that, and because they have no clue what’s going on. Don’t get fooled with the reviews saying this job is amazing and easy, and that the team cares about you. That’s because those who write those reviews either work in the offices, as Qa. The production team has so many workers who have restrictions working 13 hour shifts most of the time. If you are willing to work in a cold wet environment then this job is for you also, I’ve seen so many people leave to other jobs that pay less.
good place to work
I like working there. I have been there for thirty years. I have a certain degree of flexability at the job. I am looking for a job that pays more. I have 5 weeks of vacation a year. if I get a new job I will need at least three weeks of vacation.
Fun place to work
Good place to work with lots of experience between the whole team. Not the most forward thinking when it comes to using technology to support day to day business.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
A Great Family-Owned Business
Really enjoy my job. I work with some really great people that aren't afraid to work as a team. My boss treats me with respect and I have had good promotional opportunities.
Pros
Great pay, very steady work, treated with respect
Cons
Sometime the hours can be long
Poor culture / bad management racial profiling
You don’t really make a good money, you just work stupid crazy hours12-13 hrs per day!!! Upper management and Human Resources they single you out, they will not hold their friends or people accountable for anything from any race unless you are fully white person.
Overall not a good please to work.
Fun workplace
Meeting oriented. Feel like they have meetings to schedule meetings.

I learned a lot about the trade in a quick amount of time. Never a dull moment or worry about learning something new.

Very good workplace culture. Still needs some work though.

Work/Life balance. I feel like they do a decent job. Just could improve.

Always learning something new each day.
Pros
free breakfast/lunch on weekends. Weekend pay for salary employees
Cons
short or sometimes no breaks. Culture can change in a drop of a hat.
A poor place to work
Use to be a good place to work with teamwork.
Now with the new manager and starting a new plant there is no teamwork and everyone want to push the work and projects off on other coworkers.

Manager will bad mouth you behind your back. He is trying to cut cost by not buying parts and making his maintenance budget look good at the cost of production. The want to have you preform electricial work with no PPE and in a wet environment.

Parking is horrible, and they play favorites.

If your desperate for a job and like being treated like you don’t matter then this is the place for you.

They will offer you a 2 dollar shift premium but fail to inform you that in your offer includes that’s so if you get a offer take 2 dollars off of it and that’s your base wage
Pros
Money
Cons
Wet and cold work environment and poor management
Very odd job
Very poor management and communication. Hours very from 8-14hr days. They promise weekends off but never happen. They have done massive layoffs due to money loss.
Great learning experience
I was able to fine tune my skills and expand my knowledge. My manager made sure I fully understood what I was doing, and why it was important to the job.
Don't work there.
Do not protect there employees!!!!!! Change hours an don't care about your family life. Work like a machine an nothing else. If you don't kiss there Butt your nothing.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Good money don't give them a reason to treat employees like garbage.
Long hours, inconsistent, stressfull
The maintenance department is a disaster. There is no parts inventory system whatsoever, so half the time you have to rush order parts to fix problems. The CMMS is incredibly confusing and limited. There was only one purchaser for two plants, and he was way overworked. The maintenance manager was very inconsistent in how he treated employees. In the two and a half months I was there, he hired and fired six maintenance technicians, and alienated every veteran technician.

The company overall is way behind the curve, in my opinion.They're building a new plant, and are way behind schedule because there was no clear oversight on the project and they took every chance to cut corners and save money, which is costing them a a lot in the long run.
Pros
Good pay, as much overtime as you could want
Cons
Too much overtime, long days, poor management, poor organization, outdated facility and equipment
Poor management with a lack of empathy and understanding
Management expected employees hired in to excell without much (or any) training. I regretted taking a job with them after a week of employment. The experiences I had at this employer resulted in me exiting employment on my own volition with them without another position lined up due to the conditions and management. I felt it was necessary to move on to find a more suitable, quality employer.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor management. Excessive hours. Subpar working conditions.
Growing Company with Advancement Oppurtunities
Kent Quality Foods is a growing company with many opportunities for advancement. As a new employee the company culture is very welcoming leading to a very comfortable transition. The company offers profit sharing bonuses to its hourly employees and seems to really treat the team like family.
Pros
bonuses and advancement opportunities
Cons
Refrigerated Environment
Fun Place to Work
The work is fast, but the team is outstanding. I really enjoy how we are treated with respect!! The Company goes out its way to do special things for us. They provide luncheons for us every week and may fun activities throughout the year!!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Fast Paced Work
Great Family Business!
I love my job at Kent Quality Foods. The team is outstanding and our owners are the best. They truly care about us and treat us with respect. They provide outstanding pay, great benefits and many employee appreciations activities. They also pay outstanding bonuses though out the year amounting to thousands of dollars.

I love working here!!
Pros
Great People and Owners
Live at work
Get ready for more hours than you can handle. Only one production shift , so you have no choice. Your staying until it’s done. Running seven days a week.
Pros
Good money in overtime, if your broke
Cons
Be prepared not to have a life
Not worth breaking your back so much this place is torture job is to stressful
Some may think the pay is alright but people would rather go somewhere else and get paid less this job is just not worth it your basically getting tortured in this place they really need to find a more easy way to help the workers job be more easy for them and not so stressful
Pros
Decent pay enough hours
Cons
Stressful job way to demanding and physical very fast pace
Very fast paced, cold environment, no sitting, good pay
Standing all day, the production line is fast paced. The ladies that have been there for years get mad if others don't keep up. Management can be understanding at times. The men have the haveyest part of the job by far! Management doesn't have consideration towards their hard work.
They do give bonuses and company picnics which is very nice of them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Inpatient trainers, expect you to learn the job right away
Company used to be good
This company used to be family-oriented and concerned about its employees. Now it seems as though they don't care. Employees are expendable as long as the managers are happy. HR department is telling candidates and new hires lies about working hours. Management is lying to other managers about employees they don't like.
Pros
Pay was good