Kentucky Trailer Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Good place to learn bad place if you take pride in your work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIApril 20, 2018
If you have half a brain or even less you get hired here. Which does provide the opportunity to learn and become better at fabrication, carpentry and general assembly. With that said it is an absolutely terrible place to work. Constant beraidement, favoritism (typically lack or courage on the part of management to standup to certain employees) poor pay (opportunity to make a wage consistent to the level and quality of work you do) and constant talk behind your back make this a company I would not recommend to work for. If you are 18, have patience and humility as a bedrock of your character, and want to learn new skills this is the job for you. If you are a mature adult or have a family you provide for and take pride in your abilities stay away.
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Pay, time-off system, management (supervisory and mid level), "teenage girl" back-stabbing
Easy place to work for but just doesnt pay enough for work required
Lead Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 8, 2018
Very hard demanding work for little pay. Underpaying employees for skilled labor. Wonders why turnover rate is so high. Language barrier is all over the place due to hiring refugees. May work with team that can't speak English and ends up being huge safety concern.
loved to weld alunimum
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILMarch 9, 2018
learnig more about welding alunimum help advance my career even though all the job were tempary it tought me some patients and my boss gave all the tip on how to weld alunimum safely
Pros
wish i could go back
Cons
litte more pay
Absolutely Terrible
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIFebruary 14, 2018
Terrible management, extremely unsanitary and unhealthy work environment, underpaid, forced overtime, no room to grow, no longevity, horrible communication between employees and upper management, worst job ever.
Pros
Cons
Dirty, extremely underpaid, horrible communication between departments, unappreciative.
Not a serious job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILJanuary 18, 2018
Always had my job threatened by management for telling them the wrong doings going on there. Was told “if you don’t like it, there’s the door” The location I worked at did not try to correct problems, just made more. The women were paid much less for doing more work. Too much playing around.
Good people, low pay
System Support Technician (Current Employee) –  University Park, ILSeptember 25, 2017
This job is good as long as you don't want to make a lot of money. There was a lot to learn at the start, and it does seem like they want to keep up technologically. If I had to do it over, I would have asked for more money right from the start, then I would have either not been selected, or would be making more right now. The people I work with and for are the best part of the job.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
low wages
Bad culture
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2017
Bad culture. Don't treat people with respect. Certain employees get special treatment. Don't apply rules fairly across the board. Don't value hard work.
Pros
Great company to work for!
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2017
Great company! Lots of growth opportunities. Great pay and supervisors willing to train employees to move up in company. Servant Leadership is important and they focus on it daily. Pay raises each year with profit sharing bonus.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
Hot atmosphere
Worst job ever
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILMay 19, 2017
Was hired as a laborer my boss never trained me I was verbally abused then because I wasn't doing good enough for them I was let go so ya I'd avoid this place!
Pros
Nothimg
Cons
Bad management
Ability to grow and fine tune your trade
General Associate (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIApril 20, 2017
If youre willing to to put in the time and effort into fine tuning and growing your trade(and even learning new ones) this is the place for you. However, if you dont show the initiative you wont get any help.
Pros
Open and independent environment. 4 day work weeks
Cons
Management can be biased
Productive and fun workplace
Bulk Head Assembler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 16, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Kentucky Trailer. Everyone was always super nice and helpful. I stayed busy all the time, so the days always went by fast. But we were never super exhausted. And got plenty of overtime whenever we wanted it.
Bad supervisors
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2017
Came in three minutes early and got wrote up for being late. Always complained about something. Good hours, work isn't bad. Sometimes you just stand around and do nothing.
Slave ship
Rivot (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 3, 2016
This place expects you to work harder & faster with zero mistakes. Overtime will put you in the grave fast. No time for nothing but being a slave. Management, well forget it......this place is a dead end job that will tear your body down.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, too much overtime, bad mgmt
Very serious work environment with no morale building activities
Truck Trailer Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 30, 2015
I do enjoy the labor intensive work I do on a daily basis, I like to stay busy it makes the time go by fast. I am a self learner, self motivated and I would like to work for a company that has room for advancement, I do enjoy working with the staff, it can get hot sometimes during the summer but nothing is ever to unbearable.
Pros
Some profit sharing
Cons
No pay increases or evaluations are given
KYT is just entering the mobile medical business
Director of Aftermarket (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland area - southApril 26, 2015
A servant leadership company where the customer comes first and foremost. I am the Director of Aftermarket Sales and Service. I write service contracts and sell refurbishment projects. I work with military contractors and medical device companies.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Some decision making is done by senior management without input from those affected by the decision.
Enjoyed working here, very friendly place to work.
Prep for Paint (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 29, 2014
Learn a lot from this company in regards to prep and detailing.
Good working environment bad managers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIJune 7, 2013
Good place to show abilities but, bad place to get credit for anything.
nothing
trailer mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 13, 2012
lifting heavy truck learned how to work on kentucky trailers managment ok co workers ok working under trailers getting paid
Pros
insurance
Cons
hot no shade
Great people with great values just don't pay enough
DOT FINAL INSPECTION (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 4, 2012
Great job,have learned alot at Kentucky Trailer.Looking for something new with better pay and better benifits. Live too far away for the money i'm making,If i lived in Louisville i would not need to be looking for another job.That's how much i like working for this company