KentuckyOne Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ok place to work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  2020 Newburg roadOctober 8, 2018
It’s a nice place to work but the lack of staff and support from your nurses is what makes the job hard. I actually love what I do just wish we had more staff. It’s hard when your understaffed
Pros
Benefits, pay is ok
Cons
Not enough staff
It used to be a great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KySeptember 13, 2018
Everyone is so on edge because of the divestiture, my department was run by someone who should never have been hired as a manager. It used to be a great place to work, now it isn't.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Constantly short staffed
Great place to work!
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 4, 2018
I really enjoyed my job. It was like a personal work family. People were helpful and caring. I enjoyed getting new experience after leave the psychology field of 17 years.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Short staffing
KentuckyOne Health
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202August 18, 2018
KentuckyOne Health continues to evolve into a healthcare organization. Transitions continue to be the norm. Steps to ensure viability are not always the most popular decisions.
Pros
Faith Based
Cons
Relatively New Organization
Rewarding job
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed the work. Felt like my job had a purpose. Was helping advocate for the nonprofit. Liked my manager. Good work/ life balance. Learned a lot, improed my writing skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
hard to find yourself as productive as you could be
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
Typical work day was very chaotic, hard for employees and managers to stay actively involved with constant turnover in company. Inconsistency amongst practices.
Learned a lot in project management
Director (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2018
The lack of communication from administration and the work culture was the hardest part in KentuckyOne. I did enjoy the project management and my immediate supervisor was extremely supportive.
Continual changes within the organization
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 28, 2018
Kentucky One Health has experienced many changes throughout the years of my employment. I have been concerned with the future of the organization. I feel that there has been a lot of unknowns lately with a knew buyer for Kentucky One Health.

On the positive side, I have had the opportunity to use the tuition reimbursement program offered to employees to further my education. The company allotted 3,000 per year.
A challenge for a new nurse.
BSN ICU (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 23, 2018
St. Mary Elizabeth Hospital had a very refreshing feel to it. I felt as though I walked back into time when I entered the building. Things seemed to be a little slower pace and at 2100 the Lords prayer came over the speaker. Great people and demanding pace.
Pros
great staff
Cons
difficult for a first nursing job.
many great employees
worker (Former Employee) –  kentuckyJuly 21, 2018
low pay , low benefits , management makes promises they don't keep just to string you along, some managers are not team players only concerned with themselves . will pay contractors 3x the money they pay employees. every day a new game.
Pros
just a place to get a small paycheck
Cons
no team work, no integrity from management, low pay.

Want to know more about KentuckyOne Health?

Ask a question
Stressful and unfulfilling. Poor management
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 14, 2018
Terrible management. Stressful. Work from home available.company is currently being reorganized.employees are unappreciated.good pay and benefits.little training opportunties unless you are in management.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Not a very fair place to work
Pacemaker/Defibrillator Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2018
They will not accept it you or a loved one becomes ill. They will fire you without question after being there for over 17 years of hard work.
They are not family oriented and really don't care about anyone.
Pros
Free lunch sometime
Cons
its not about patient care its more about money and the people at the top
Amazing place, with a wonderful mission
Director (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 18, 2018
I have been working at KentuckyOne Health for over 10 years. The pay and benefits are great, and it is a very collaborative and supportive culture. No job is perfect, and sometimes communications get missed. But overall, it's a place with a purpose with the mission built into everything we do.
Pros
Great benefits, low premiums, great pay, manager incentives, mission
Cons
communications
Lack of True Leadership and Instability
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 21, 2018
KentuckyOne is too top-heavy with leaders and worker bees are not given appreciation or chance for advancement. The pay is decent and benefits good, but lack of leadership means ineffective company structure and lack of stability. They do not use people to their abilities but just use warm bodies for any jobs they need taken care of instead of matching people to their true skills. I liked the autonomy but with it came zero guidance. Job reviews are a joke because your leaders don't even know you or your work.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, liked co-workers
Cons
Ineffective leadership, instability of company, no chance for advancement
Good people
Lead Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 27, 2018
There are so strong positives about the department that I work for. For example, the group of pathologists are wonderful. I enjoy most of the people in my work group. There are some cultural issues. The laboratory is going through a difficult period and this leads to additional challenges.
Pros
Pathology group is awesome
Cons
instability
Discrimination, lack of fairness, lack of understanding or empathy for others less fortunate
Diagnostic Imaging (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMarch 10, 2018
Speaking from my years employed with them were extremely two different worlds from beginning to end. Lack of communication , empathy or understanding. Poor management along with hostile work harassment for reasons unknown .
Having decades of experience in my field I can say this place operates totally different.

Most Important to this organization is how many patients and how fast you get patients in and out for the day . Which shows high productivity on paper to accrue high ratings for hospital reviews.

Seeming to forget patient care, patient safety and the ability to produce a more relaxing atmosphere for those patients dealing with difficult situations that are normally stressful to all.
Which helps aid in producing more quality and quantity in the long run for all. That is the most important to me and beneficial to all in the end.

Unfortunately management is only concerned with how many and how fast and if you don't produce them high numbers then you are gone regardless you are not to blame.
Good luck to all and best wishes you experience equality and appreciation
Pros
N/a
Cons
Dto, poor management, unfairness and lack of HONEST employee appreciation
Things about a good work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 15, 2018
I work for Kentucky one health and I couldn’t ask for a better job...although I’m looking for another job doesn’t mean I don’t like the one I have I just need more money! They are a awesome company to work for!
Great people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 22, 2018
I work with an incredible group of people in the office. The team continually helps one another meet deadlines by picking up extra work, helping each other with design or testing, or covering each other during meetings.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Work processes can be cumbersome
KFC Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLDecember 20, 2017
N/a. The quality of the temperature of food, neatness and amount of timeto prepare for drive thru or inside. I work as a cashier.I took orders. I clean.
review of KentuckyOne
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 14, 2017
As a COBOL systems analyst, I maintained existing code and wrote new programs and JCL. In addition, I worked with the existing system (Invision). I worked with associates to satisfy their IT needs.
Pros
good work environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KentuckyOne Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight