KentuckyOne Health Employee Reviews

Awful place to work. I will never recommend to anybody.
Xray Tech/MA (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 22, 2019
Management sucks, favortism is a top priority. The harder you work, the more work is put on you. If you are looking to get a decent review based on the work you do, forget it. The company stated everyone gets the same score. 1-5 score no one can get better than a 3. The weakest person gets the same as the best worker. Loyalty is nothing to them, they would bet it all on a person who calls in than on a person who comes to work everyday. It is best to find a company that takes you serious.
Pros
Cons
Management is awful, all the way up the ladder.
Best Manager You Could Ever Want
PHLEBOTOMIST/ Histotech (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 16, 2019
The coworkers here are absolutely amazing and makes the shift go by in no time. The work load can be hectic at times but overall enjoyable. The patient load is pretty constant and easy to deal with.
Pros
Great Coworkers
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2019
I worked there 19 years, as a result of having to find other employment, no other company is similar to KYOne. The overall culture of the organization is not positive.
Enjoyed my time there. A good learning experience.
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 31, 2018
Had an enjoyable time time and worked with the best people and will always cherish the people and time spent there. Made a lot of good friendships there.
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 5, 2018
Management is very helpful. Working in L&D feels like a family unit. The most enjoyable part of a shift is caring for laboring mothers and the new life they are bringing into the world and being a big part in making the experience a great one.
Used to be a wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY st Joseph mainNovember 25, 2018
The culture at st Joseph main has really gone down hill over the last few years. I do believe that a lack of respect and understanding of what those involved in direct patient care have to battle just to do their jobs. This comes from HR as well as some of the unqualified nurse managers that have been hired over the last few years. Staffing is at a scary level and no matter what they try to do to solve the problem they can’t keep staff because of the way that HR and management views the healthcare staff. It’s really a shame because there are some wonderful doctors, nurses, and other members of the healthcare team. THEY are the only reason anyone stays there.
Pros
Co-workers!!! The staff that’s still there is an absolutely dedicated one!!!
Cons
Staffing, management is out of touch, has become almost hostile
I love KentuckyOne
CMA/LMR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2018
My work experience has been amazing with this company. Every office you go to is warming and welcoming. The physician's are all amazing and down to earth.
Great place to work, full of passionate loving employees
Med Surge/Orthopedic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 18, 2018
If I could make the 12 hour shifts fit better into my home life I would never leave but after children, educational advancement and other factors I am seeking daytime employment else where. I love watching the process of a patient have their corrective surgery then through handwork and our expert knowledge overcome hurdles and become rehabilitated. The culture in which I work is one filed with pride and the ultimate goal of recovery for the patient.
Pros
amazing staff with the best team work
Cons
Short staffed, short breaks not always able to take
Nice place to work.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 14, 2018
Overall a nice place to work. It depends on where you work within the company if you have advancement or not. They will reimburse you for education and offer scholarships.
Pros
Education reimbursment
Cons
Depending where you work there is no growth.
Ok place to work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  2020 Newburg roadOctober 8, 2018
It’s a nice place to work but the lack of staff and support from your nurses is what makes the job hard. I actually love what I do just wish we had more staff. It’s hard when your understaffed
Pros
Benefits, pay is ok
Cons
Not enough staff
It used to be a great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KySeptember 13, 2018
Everyone is so on edge because of the divestiture, my department was run by someone who should never have been hired as a manager. It used to be a great place to work, now it isn't.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Constantly short staffed
Nurse Practitioner
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2018
Thankful for the experience. Acquired useful knowledge and skills related to my profession. Pay comparable to other employers who offer similar services.
Great place to work!
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 4, 2018
I really enjoyed my job. It was like a personal work family. People were helpful and caring. I enjoyed getting new experience after leave the psychology field of 17 years.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Short staffing
KentuckyOne Health
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202August 18, 2018
KentuckyOne Health continues to evolve into a healthcare organization. Transitions continue to be the norm. Steps to ensure viability are not always the most popular decisions.
Pros
Faith Based
Cons
Relatively New Organization
Average working environment
Department Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2018
Pay and benefits through this company are not great. Management is average. May be good for a foot in the door if you know the right people. Seems ownership changes frequently and is very inconsistent.
Rewarding job
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed the work. Felt like my job had a purpose. Was helping advocate for the nonprofit. Liked my manager. Good work/ life balance. Learned a lot, improed my writing skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
hard to find yourself as productive as you could be
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
Typical work day was very chaotic, hard for employees and managers to stay actively involved with constant turnover in company. Inconsistency amongst practices.
Learned a lot in project management
Director (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2018
The lack of communication from administration and the work culture was the hardest part in KentuckyOne. I did enjoy the project management and my immediate supervisor was extremely supportive.
Continual changes within the organization
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 28, 2018
Kentucky One Health has experienced many changes throughout the years of my employment. I have been concerned with the future of the organization. I feel that there has been a lot of unknowns lately with a knew buyer for Kentucky One Health.

On the positive side, I have had the opportunity to use the tuition reimbursement program offered to employees to further my education. The company allotted 3,000 per year.
A challenge for a new nurse.
BSN ICU (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 23, 2018
St. Mary Elizabeth Hospital had a very refreshing feel to it. I felt as though I walked back into time when I entered the building. Things seemed to be a little slower pace and at 2100 the Lords prayer came over the speaker. Great people and demanding pace.
Pros
great staff
Cons
difficult for a first nursing job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KentuckyOne Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight