Kenworth Northeast Group Employee Reviews

enjoy my job and the people i work with
Parts Counter Person (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 9, 2018
enjoy coming to work every day . people are helpful and knowledgeable , management is fair and reasonable they respect your opinion and appreciate your input
Pros
resonable bosses
Cons
cant think of any
A great place to work!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2018
Great benefits. People are pleasant to work with. Participation in charity events. Upper and direct management cares about the employees. Generous PTO policy & 401K company match.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, casual work environment.
Think twice
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albany NYNovember 1, 2018
As a dedicated employee for 18+ months I can honestly say that I was not appreciated for my performance on a day to day basis. I was taken advantage of during my time at Kenworth for my ability to exceed expectations. There is no consistency with expectations either. The two Supervisors in charge have not a clue how to treat or talk to their parts staff. I gave a 2 weeks notice and prior to the ending of the notice they abruptly let me go and was unable to give me a valid reason. Do yourself a favor there's better places to work on indeed, keep scrolling.
Pros
Benefits were pretty good.
Cons
Management, route stability
Good people and place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 31, 2018
Workplace environment felt like family. Can be stressful at times, but any work place can be. Compensation was good and so were benefits. Some management needs improvement.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
some management need to be more involved
Hired on false pretenses
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 20, 2018
Fired after barely 2 weeks of work, company didnt need me like they said they did. Got sent home twice in one week for lack of work. Somehow I don't believe I was important
Great location, most mechanics are good people, fair pay and benefits.
Engine overhaul / general maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 31, 2018
Management has been routinely terrible for the past 10 years, going from the premier heavy duty shop in CNY, to a running joke. Instead of accepting the fact that they will have to pay well for a solid, dependable management team, they continually hire people that are a combination of: dishonest, incapable, inexperienced, inept, lacking in basic communication skills, unable to juggle multiple things at once, steal from the company, and try to push out the current mechanics to bring in their cronies from their old shop.
Parts department is forced to stock absurd amounts of stuff for engines and vehicles that are either discontinued or will never be seen in the shop. They also still use a paper ordering system for some reason, so it can become a mess in a hurry.
They were very fair with pay, work hours, and benefits; paid training was available, and pushed heavily by the company.
Pros
Location, fellow techs are usually helpful and supportive, fair pay and benefits.
Cons
Most everything else.
Started as a great company to work for
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 10, 2017
Everything started out great with this company, when i started the guys i worked with were knowledgeable and great to work with. Over my first two months majority of the techs had left. within one year there was only 4 original techs remained. the company had an ownership turnover and a revolving door of management and technicians
I personally enjoy working here.
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 4, 2017
I enjoy working here so far. Everyone is fairly reasonable to work with, including management. All places have thier downsides. If you are a good technician and willing to work this is a great place to put down some roots.
Pros
Work/life balance, Pay
Cons
Confusing direction as to where company is headed.
Growing, challenging, rewarding
COO (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 8, 2016
Led 6 dealerships in daily operations
240 + employees
Growth strategies
Company is well behind times and had to move at fast-pace speed to try and catch up
Ok
Mechanic/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Mattydale, NYJune 23, 2014
Not really much to say. Just a usual dealership. Not really much room to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kenworth Northeast Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Kenworth Northeast Group Reviews by Location