Kering Employee Reviews

Kering as an organizational is great
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2019
Kering eyewear has horrible management they are not supportive and don’t care about their employees. Management needs to be revamped from the top. Most staff is great to work we. As with most companies just a few bad apples in important roles.
Pros
Discounts, vacation days, benefits
Cons
Bad management, no support, no team culture.
Good People
Accounts Payable Director (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 14, 2018
Good People made the company a nice place to work. The benefits were very good and they catered to peoples needs. There HR department could be better.
nice place to work
In Store Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
great people and well liked work environment. people are easy to talk to and the benefits offered for employees are great. i would recommend it for anyone who has the opportunity.
Pros
great benefits
Team and synergy
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  West Coast RegionMarch 24, 2018
Typical day of working territory to build account base, work closely with other Brand Ambassadors in territory to build Kering Eyewear brands.
Management is at a minimum, so they trust you are building and expanding territories. This being good and challenging at the same time.
Pros
Expenses paid by the company
Cons
Inconsistent communication
Badly managed, directionless, bad practices.
Telecommunications Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJFebruary 4, 2018
The US IT division was run by management that had no idea what they were doing. The management had a great vocabulary of Buzz words and catch phrases, but looked to all the consultants to tell them how to get their job done. When a consultant explained that a process was not working or was being executed incorrectly, that consultant was usually told in very unprofessional terms that you didn't know what you were doing if this did not align with the thought process of the management. Meanwhile, if something did get fixed, that same management was quick to take credit for your work as "I finally found a consultant that can do what I instruct them to do". Extremely unprofessional work environment. Constant turnover ... Then Kering outsourced everything to Tata and still needed other consulting companied to tell them how to run things.
Pros
not much.
Cons
Unprofessional work environment, bad management, horrible corporate culture.
Nice Colleagues
Director of U.S. Sales - Gucci Watch & Jewelry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Big Company , Lots of reports, most opportunities are in the fashion divisions.
Travel for management meetings to Switzerland or Milan. Italian company, you always eat well1
Pros
Great discounts, prestige of working for Gucci
Cons
Strategy not clear for some product categories
Dont sign
Sr. Dedicated Store Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 19, 2017
Its run under TCS, once you sign their non-compete clause, you give your life away. When you leave or finish the contract, its very diffuclt to find another position that is not run under TCS, becareful.
Poor work/life balance
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 5, 2017
If you have any health issues, you will need to use your sick days to go to the doctor. No availability to work from home.
Not much flexibility when it comes to work hours.
Pros
Mostly friendly co-workers
Cons
no work/life balance
Kering Americas1
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 2, 2017
Kering Americas is a great company. I have been able to advance and work in different areas and for different stores. I think it's a great place to start working.
Good company to work for
Network Infrastructure & Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 31, 2017
Good company to work for. I started my career as a network engineer here and learned a lot in the past 4 years. Get to travel around America for different projects. Get to work with a global team.
Overall a good place to work
Point of Sale QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 25, 2017
As a contractor, was treated well and had a positive work environment. Worked for Gucci division of the company upgrading and testing their new Point of Sale system.
UI/UX Developer (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 16, 2016
KERING is a good company with friendly environment. People are supportive and everyone is workaholic. Learned a lot which is related to my technology.
Contractors beware Egos are amoc
Telecom Consultant - INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 17, 2015
Other than the high contract rate I was paid, I have nothing positive to say about these people. 90% of the Kering staff are contractors and some have been so for 3 + years.

It seems that Managers are in it for their own ego and in the case of the young lady that was managing me, was expecting a cookie cutter version of herself. My description of her management style and that of other senior people within this organization is "Accusative, Bullying and Overbearing"

I think they must have a pool going as to which manager can tear down their subordinates the most or embarrass them the most at company meetings.

After being there for 2 weeks, I ended up canceling my welcome lunch which they postponed several times. I guess they were waiting for me to "come around to their way of thinking"

Oh, I forgot to mention the building in Secaucus is rampant with roaches. I was literally sick the entire short couple of months I was there. Within 4 days, my sinuses cleared as did my chronic cough. I can only attribute that to the roach spray.
Pros
High hourly rate but that's up to the staffing agency not them.
Cons
Everything I've said