Kern Health Systems Employee Reviews

busy
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 3, 2019
I wish i was still employed there. I had a lot of good experiences but towards the end i was having some personal family problems and i should of taken a leave of absence.
Excellent job if you like sitting all day.
RN Intake Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 1, 2019
Great place, co-workers, managers, good training, learned a lot! I am a critical care RN and a director so was decrease in pay and very slow all-day-sitting environment staring at a monitor. I was doing UM but I missed critical care pediatric work. Company culture was great. Manager support was also very good. Company actually cares about employees. Highly recommend.
Pros
Company culture, benefits, work hours, truly care about patient/clients.
Cons
Sitting all day, eyes on monitor all day because that’s where you work. Eyes off screen, you are not working.
great management staff who where helpful and knowledgeable.
Business Intelligence Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 3, 2019
I found my internship to be a great opportunity and found the staff to be very helpful and kind. I learned a lot about leadership, team management and organization.
Best place to work
Clinical Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 12, 2019
If I could go back I would in a heart beat. Unfortunately I had to relocate and leave my job behind but I loved my job, the pay, the benefits, management, the co workers everything! Everyone is very friendly and very helpful. Management is very sweet and understanding. Open door policy makes everything better.
You want to work here!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 5, 2018
Great job. Amazing Benefits. Great people to work with. I loved it there. Made life long friends, and its a nice clean office. you won't find benefits like they have anywhere else!
Pros
wonderful people, caring management
Cons
most jobs are hourly
Good people,
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 10, 2018
Good place to work, Advancement is very hard. There is a lot of competition and you need to know people to be chosen. Other than that great place to work
Pros
Drive from where I live and no flexibility
Amazing job
Senior Support Clerk /Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 21, 2018
Working here is amazing but be ready for a challenge and to work hard! You will never get benefits anywhere like this company provides. As long as you are not a lazy person you will thrive in this compa
I enjoyed working there
WFM Intraday Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 13, 2018
KHS was a good place to work. they are very employee oriented. I would still recommend people to work there, even though my parting experience with them was not a good one.
Pros
lots of employee functions
Cons
not very lenient on time off
Extremely demanding, fast growing company in the health care industry
Other Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 5, 2017
KHS is a very stable company to work for. They provide excellent benefits and are slowly bringing compensation levels to be at/near similar market levels. They stay up on technology. They still need to improve communication at all levels of management and decrease favoritism. Work load is extremely demanding on employees, very quick growth and moving ahead to make changes across the board. It is hard to balance the stress level (work/life balance) at KHS.
Pros
Benefits, Internal Job Promotions
Cons
Workload too demanding, Stressful
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 8, 2017
I had a great manager, which always make the difference. I found all of the management at the top and second level to be highly talented ad great to work with. Their direct reports loved working for them.
Pros
Management, Pto
Cons
It's still heathcare. You'll be busy.
Fantastic Employer, Awesome Culture
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  BakersfieldOctober 2, 2017
This company does vital work for the poor and underserved in the greater Bakersfield Community. Work is important and challenging, and stressful at times, but there is fantastic balance and recognition. Good management ALWAYS makes the difference.
Pros
Supportive, Mentoring Management, Balance
Cons
Highly regulated entity as it is technically ruled as a government institution
Poor Management
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 16, 2017
Poor Management and no communication. They don't care about hard working employees, instead they let them go. Very disappointed. I think they are full of lies more than 1/2 the time.
Treat you well
Disease management RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield CAJuly 2, 2015
This is an enjoyable company to work for. We are treated with dignity & respect. Unfortunately, there is limited opportunity for growth in my area of my expertise.
Pros
Very good benefits package
Cons
Strict working hours