Kerry Foods Employee Reviews

I was fun
Cip tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed working there because I learned a lot. Almost every week I learned something new about how to fix different machines or different ways to do my job.
Excellent place to work.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 23, 2018
If you want to work and learn, this is the place to be. Unlimited opportunities. The pay, for this area, is quite well. Generous time off package, as well as other incentives. Excellent facility accommodations. Offers a very diverse workforce. The company expects a lot, but they also give a lot
Pros
Premium pay, flexible scheduling, on site cafeteria, generous benefits
Cons
Long hours, lack of recognition
decent company
Plant Director (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEJune 15, 2018
closed plant no warning. the plant was performing well and exceeding goals but closed due to a poor management team with only short sighted goals in mind
productive
Depal Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WIJune 9, 2018
good hours long tiresome under paid and to many bosses work schedule changes at will with little to no notification and no one helps you with anything
Cons
short far walks
Relaxed
Volunteered as SOP writer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33813June 7, 2018
The workplace was relaxed. Spreadsheets were among other paperwork was the main focus. The environment was also clean and safety regulations were followed properly,
Working at Kerry Ingredients
Package Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Blue Earth, MNMay 31, 2018
The work was hard, fast paced but the atmosphere with the co-workers and staff made it feel like you were with family. I loved it there. We Used Extrusion to process the foods we packaged and worked closely as a team effort in all areas to make the best product possible for the general public.
productive high energy somewhat fast paced
Blender Operator (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMay 7, 2018
lost of heavy lifting 50 lbs 90% of time.
i learned leadership and how to run a 5000 lbs blender.
demanding
get it done
the smells of some of seasoning.
getting paid
Pros
great benefits and pay plus extras
Cons
back braking
Taking care of our customers via email, phone, etc
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIMay 4, 2018
My position at Kerry is rewarding. I am involved with our sales personnel as well as our customers. I am the bridge of all data/order entry as well as taking care of our customers needs. Keeping all account information up to date and accurate.
Pros
Confortable atmosphere
International food ingredients company takes care of its people
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 1, 2018
Kerry gives its employees opportunities to learn an grow within the company. They embody the SQF mindset to "say what you do and do what you say." It's not encouraged to cut corners. Employees are rewarded for doing the right thing, profits don't come before safety. Sometimes long hours are required to finish the schedule, but management is respectful of allowing employees to take vacations and holidays.
Very demanding and unappreciative
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIApril 28, 2018
Kerry employees are wonderful. The managers will micromanage you on your daily tasks. People leave all the time due to the high pressure. If you start a family, expect them to have you continue to work long hours. The managers don’t care about you and just expect results.
Pros
Flexible, opportunities to move up
Cons
Long hours, work life balance, poor management style

Want to know more about Kerry Foods?

Ask a question
Superviser lies
CLEANING UNDER BELTS PULLEYS ETC. (Former Employee) –  Byesville, OHApril 15, 2018
Im going to say this my superviser was a lieing person too face had favorite not a easy person to get along with at all.........................
good place to work
Packaging Machine Operator / Blender (Former Employee) –  Blue Earth, MNMarch 21, 2018
overall a good place to work, can be hot a dusty at times in the summer. winter is a great time to work. the people are great to work for and with. had some good time at kerry
Kerry
PRIVATE (Current Employee) –  wiMarch 20, 2018
Interesting place to work. Fantastic benefits and compensation. Challenging work environment. There are plenty of chances to move up or laterally to another department.
Management is Terrible
Food & Beverage Blender (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 8, 2018
Your immediate supervisor might be good but middle and upper management look at employees much like the machines in the plant as in they could care less about you unless you do what they want, when they want, and hum a tune up their lower colon. They will also just change your schedule without notice and work you until you drop, and your response is irrelevant because you are as replaceable as the machine parts.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Corporate Managed Manufacturing is Difficult
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WIMarch 7, 2018
This place is a last ditch effort to get gainful employment, the hours were busy.The pay was not as competitive as it could be. The benefits were passable. Some of the Management were people I easily could get along with.. others not as much. However the way they write many of their policies leaves much to be desired. Such has become the way many do business in the world these days.. there is little comradery between the management & the everyday hourly employee. If you work for this place you are a number first (& in some cases only).
Labor intense not much time at home very stressful managers
HOPPER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 2, 2018
long hours of very stressful labor lifting product bags and operating machines as well as going through uncertainty of not knowing for sure if i'd have a job the next day. Managers were good and the ground working managers seemed to extrovert their stress towards the workers. Hardest part of the job was working under stressful conditions like clean 500 lbs of defect flour that blew out a tube up by yourself in under 30 minutes or being relieved of work. Finding out that a 12 hours shift is required 20-30 minutes before an eight hour shift is over. and the over all attitude which is more learn what to do without any guidance make mistakes and be dealt with accordingly and when asking question deal with the stress of the person who is pulled away from their job to assist and train. money is good but the cap off dollar amount seemed a bit unworthy of what workers have to go through to get there.
Pros
hours start off pay
Cons
stress home time to work time ratio
Blender
Blender Operator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 22, 2018
I would get dressed and go to the floor get everything I need and then I would go to the room they put me in go up stairs and see if its a batch in the blender if its not I look to see whats next then have the driver loud the next batch up
Cintract/Temporary employee
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNFebruary 20, 2018
The environment was fast paced but not pressured, good overall work environment. Worked as a temporary employee in a temp to hire position but moved before I got hired on.
Decent place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Byesville, OHFebruary 13, 2018
It’s a decent place to get a job around here but they won’t let you advance in the company they pick favorites. The people are really good to work with that’s probably the best thing about that place they don’t really train you probably you have maybe an hour of training then you’re pretty much there by yourself
Pros
The people are great
Cons
Little to no training. No room for advancement.
good place to work
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Blue Earth, MNFebruary 11, 2018
good place to work, long hours. food production of cereal and flavoring. kind of isolated load and dusty. hot atmosphere but can be very stressful and quick paced .
Pros
decent pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kerry Foods. Our community is ready to answer.