KERRY Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 16, 2019
Would not work there for this company did not like this company not a good place to work I do not recommend working for this company. Would not work there for this company.
Wonderful Place to Work
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYJanuary 10, 2019
While I cannot speak for the other branches of Kerry, Inc. This specific FI&A site was a joy to work at. The employees were a tight knit family both among their teams and as a whole.
Na
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, IAJanuary 4, 2019
It was only a temporary assignment. But the colony in general was not good. Over worked production employees. Ignored needs to employees. I would not recommend this company to others.
Decent starting pay for people with no experience in food industry
Assistant Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 20, 2018
Dont expect to move up without a degree. Be prepared for lots of meeting. If your company has been bought by kerry dont expect it to be long term job.
Pros
401k, company discount website. Decent severance package
Cons
Healthcare expensive, indecisive mangement team, lay off due to moving business up north
bad culture
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIDecember 8, 2018
poor hiring and poor culture, really bad with people and left out inter management resulting in confusion. also had a hostile work ethic. very poor training
Don’t work here !
Packer (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GADecember 7, 2018
This place is a sweat shop. They work you 12 hours a day for 13 days straight & keep you there when there’s no work just because they can ! Management is incompetent & they’ll try to intimidate you & threaten your job security for fun. Stop promoting idiots who know nothing about the role they’re filling.
Bad Management
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Walpole, MADecember 3, 2018
Kerry has management in place at a senior level with no college education. They brought in a team of management from another company that has destroyed the culture of Kerry.
Solid company, but overworks it's people.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Mecca, CANovember 17, 2018
Kerry runs a very lean environment, but does so at the expense of it's workers by overloading their responsibilities. This causes more of a "live to work" environment instead of a blending of the two.
Pros
Great people and large company with many opportunities
Cons
Company doesn't recognize it's star personnel. Instead overloads them.
Horrible Company Horrible People
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Kentwood,MichiganNovember 15, 2018
Horrible job ,Horrible People They Are Out Of Touch With Reality
They Do not Realize Their Are Better Jobs, Poor And Ineffective Management,Mean And Rude Employees I Think I Worked With Stepping Fetchin,
Pros
Find Another Job
Cons
Working At Kerry
I worked at Kerry
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WIOctober 22, 2018
I worked in Turtle Lake Wisconsin and lived in Thompson Iowa. I stayed in Turtle Lake all week and came home on weekends. The job was fast paced and kept you hooping. It was OK.
Pros
Stayed in Turtle Lake
Cons
Lived in Thompson
Overall im very pleased as an employee of Kerry!!
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Gridley, ILOctober 15, 2018
I've learned a ton here at Kerry. Definitely gave me a chance to enhance my overall skill set. I also met some really good people while being employed at Kerry.
Pros
Employee luncheons, free t-shirts, attendance incentives
Cons
Long 12 hr days, also schedules change too often with no say from us, the people!!
Nice facility in Beloit
RD&A Scientist (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 15, 2018
The facility in Beloit is very nice. They have a cafeteria and a gym on site. The town itself is a bit far from any major city. This makes the commute difficult unless you live in Beloit.
Growing company that does its best
RD&A Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIOctober 10, 2018
Kerry is a relatively young company - about 45 years old at time of this review. It is only recently become global and the strain of this fast growth can show from time to time. The bureaucracy is difficult to navigate, regulations change on a monthly (or weekly) basis, and sometimes nobody has any clue who is responsible for what.

However, as a company it genuinely cares and is trying to do better. HR initiatives in recent years have made life easier for its employees. Most of middle-upper management is selected from high-achievers in the lower ranks, which means that your boss (and their boss) once did your job and thus has an understanding of it.

I was happy to be employed by Kerry, and have no complaints about the way I was treated.
Pros
Understanding management; culture of cooperation
Cons
Continual change; frantic pace
It's a okay place to work if you don't have a life outside of the job
Aseptic blender (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 26, 2018
I mean it's a good place to work but the hours an things they give an take out there makes you want to leave the workplace itself I mean you have your good an your bad I just learned to keep everything work related
Pros
Making you use your vacation time
Cons
Health insurance is a plus about Kerry really help me out
Stable work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 21, 2018
Working for Kerry Ingredients provides stable life-sustaining income for any individual looking for a steady/permanent job. The work environment is fast paced and opportunities for advancement are there. They have qualified personnel who will train you for the various job assignments and assist you throughout the learning process. Their production manager in the HR department is one of best I've experienced with past employers. This manager is diligent and effective when carrying out the functions for the production employees. The manager ensures that Kerry employees paperwork is received, processed and returned to them promptly, The manager's door is always and welcoming to answer employee questions and concerns. The company provides 2-week supply of uniforms and 2 jacket/coats for free. Kerry encourages their employees to offer honest feedback about the products produced and various other areas of importance to the overall company/employee profile [Safety First].
Pros
Uniforms, paid lunch, opportunites for overtime, paid training, total health benefits packages
Poor management
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 1, 2018
I was not trained properly and when I ask am I doing right or advancing in my position I get blown off, I came in as a temp and got hired on permanent. I trained myself although Co workers got paid to train me which never happened, very low pay for the work that I’m doing, no supervisor work, I’m in dying need of a better job cause I’m rarely working more than 20-30 hours weekly due to machine failures and lack of training
Pros
Friendly Co workers
Cons
Lots of people you work with doesn’t even know much English
Filthy pig pen
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 30, 2018
Management could less care about the employees but they talk a good line. Kerry isn't much different than any other big business, Money is their only real goal, not people. Always a carrot on a stick
Pros
Good question
Cons
Better question
productive and fun place to work
QC Senior Analyst - Chemist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2018
There were many opportunities to for job advancement, career changes and training to increase your experience. This in turn made you a more valuable employee to the company and its bottom line.
t
Good company to work for
Health, Safety, & Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Earth, MNAugust 24, 2018
Sometimes all the initiatives got overwhelming, however, this was a very good company to work for. I enjoyed working with the leadership and management teams, learned a lot, was trained well, and recommend them as an employer.
Great work environment - Not so great management
N/A (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 24, 2018
Kerry has so many perks. The only downfall is the management. There needs to be more training for the managers and a review on their performance. I'd suggest a 360 review.
Pros
Work environment; benefits
Cons
Mid-level management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KERRY. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight