Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

My history at Kessler Institute
Nurse Case Manager - Outpatient Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 22, 2018
I was the outpatient case manager. I had 3 Directors in one year as my boss. It was very disorganized. Very dirty. My last Director was so nasty and mean all the time. My last day of work that Friday she comes to me at 4pm and wants me to show her my job. Needless to say I was there to 6pm which I did not get paid for.
Pros
Cons
poor management dirty
Horrible
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 14, 2018
Teaneck is the worst. The center manager has no respect for the employers. Very arrogant, no social skills, the therapist is very nice. Higher up management do not care about your feelings always on managers side. The work load is not bad if you dont have the center manager breathing down your neck all the time. They see the bad you do but the good they dont see. Very stressful to work there. I am glad I no longer there.
Was pleased with the work.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Chester, NJJuly 10, 2018
I loved working at Kessler because I got to see the healthy growth of the patients fist hand. Working at Kessler was enjoyable because we worked as a team to get the job done. we would go out of our way to make sure we all finished our task.
Excellent and demanding
Clinician II (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 8, 2018
Busy, effective, full continuum clinical facility. Great patient load and management team, that is forward thinking. Access to technologies and approaches to make job easier and more effective.
Do not work here
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJune 1, 2018
Worst place to work! Overworked and EXTREMELY underpaid. They do not offer any growth opportunities, no tuition reimbursement, no 401K, and finally to conclude they have ZERO to offer.
Great experience
Observer (Former Employee) –  Chester, NJMay 27, 2018
Kessler was great firsthand experience for people needing inpatient hours for PT school, however make sure you keep good contact with the facility as it will greatly help you reference the hours later on
Excellent team members in case management
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 4, 2018
Case Management Department is a team alone. The case managers work individually with their own team, but assist colleagues to provided appropriate and safe discharges for their patients. They also work together to help colleagues who may have a heavier assignment to add balance to reduce the stress and workload
Productive and fun work enviroment
Rehab assistant (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 28, 2018
Such a pleasure working with the mix up of different individuals however management was poor. They cared more about making money then the well being of their clients.
Top rehabilitation company in the world.
Nurse Liaison (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 14, 2018
Throughout the company there is an atmosphere of functioning teams from the top down. Focus groups are actively promoted to help the company improve and establish best practices.
Pros
Company actively promotes idea creation and knowledge building
Cons
I do not have any cons
Nice place to work
Out Patient Therapy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chester, NJFebruary 26, 2018
Great atmosphere and relationships between departments. Being in an environment where everyone works to make someone''s life better after an accident or medical incident makes you have faith in the human spirit of giving.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Challenging caseloads with lots of learning but only average pay
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJFebruary 15, 2018
Working for Kessler provides you with a challenging but rewarding caseload with diagnoses mainly involving the neurologic realm (with some ortho cases as well). Many great personalities to work with and learn from. Tough to advance in the clinical ladder and hard to get involved with professional projects. Pay is average for the amount of physical labor and hard work you put in. Definitely a great experience though.
management has favortism and not honest when communicating facts.
Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJanuary 30, 2018
Enjoyed working with most co-workers, patients and visitors. Management was horrible, abusive and unfair to employees on a daily basis. Supervisor acted immature and enjoyed playing with some employees feelings, to the point of making them tear.
Pros
nice co-workers, benefits (vacation/paid sick time off)
Cons
Poor communication from upper management
enjoyable place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJJanuary 28, 2018
Nice place to work, full of a sense of humanity, respect, cares, and a confident place to work. With opportunities to move on. Kessler was well rated in the healthcare field.
Pros
helping people to feel better.
Cons
long commute
Poor management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 21, 2018
The DON is extremely arrogant and a bully. She belittled her managers daily. Placed way too much work on managers then belittled and badgered them when things could not be accomplished. Would keep managers in meeting talking about herself making it difficult to have the time to finish work. Horrible place to work.
fun place to work
Rehab Assistant Co-op (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJDecember 28, 2017
great team work great place to learn
poor staffing at times is the hardest part of the job
learned patient care and time management
performed ADLs and safe patient handling
performed vitals and glucose testing
positive
Voice of Injury Prevention (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJOctober 22, 2017
spoke with children to prevent injury in young individuals. i would go to schools grades k-12 to speak about spinal cord and brain injuries. My experiences and ways to prevent
Good coworkers, Poor management
Full Time Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJ 07052September 4, 2017
Advertised as a 24/7 respiratory care facility with no reliable plans of making that a true statement. Great night shift staff on SCI. Very helpful at the nursing level. Supervisors are hit or miss.
Productive yet fun, relaxing setting
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJAugust 31, 2017
Although temporary, this was one of the best places I worked at. Some positions you run out of the door because you've worked 3min over your 8 hour day.....at Kessler I found myself not even aware I was on hour 10 of a 5 day work week. It's long hours, but you find a good balance in your work day and appreciate everyone around you.
Not a good place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJAugust 19, 2017
Management what management? The CNA's work in a click, and not all of them treat the patients with the respect they deserve. The CNA's do not work as a team with the nurses. The nurses do not all work as a team either or have the skills they should have after graduating nursing school. Patients beware when choosing a rehabilitation facility, and always have your family present.
Pros
parking
Cons
management
Quality healtrhcare
Director of Environmental Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 31, 2017
Leder in the field of physical rehabilitation. Organization provides good patient good pay., But falls short in the dedication to environments and regulatory compliance due to lack of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Reviews by Location