Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

it's very very good place to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJApril 1, 2019
it's the best place to work in Kessler institute the whole employees work together like one family very good benefits very good health insurance and vacation time
Pros
free lunches in holidays
Cons
three breaks a day total time for the three one hour
great company
Director of Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Chester, NJMarch 22, 2019
learned a lot working here. a lot of support from management and from human resources. a caring place to bring family for care. had a lot of autonomy also
Excellent company but no advancement
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 19, 2019
Great people to work with. Hours are long, not ideal for people with kids. Depending which center you work your work might be busy or slow. The management is great.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long hour days
Human ressource is welcoming
Charge Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 12, 2019
Great rehab place to work, patients are well-taken care of. This is a specialty rehab with a traumatic brain injury unit, a spinal cord unit, and a general rehab unit. Patients that come to the TBI unit, for example, come semi-comatose and returned home mobile, they are able to walk, talk, and carry out their activity of daily living like they use to. Except for a few of them that are unable to do so depending on the severity of the part of the brain that was affected. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget.
Great first job
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJ 08053February 10, 2019
I worked as CNA while finishing nursing school and was hired immediately after passing the boards. It was a great place to learn as a new graduate nurse. When I first started there were lower ratios and if we were short staff it was not an every day occurrence. Other nurses were willing to help and teach the new grads. Compared to other places I think it was a great first job experience. In my time at Marlton rehab/Kessler the patients were sicker and the nurse/patient rations went up. It is almost a daily occurrence to have 8-10 acutely ill patients per nurse and some are total care patients. Experienced nurses were leaving due to staff shortages and lower pay than average. New grad nurses are coming in working a year and leaving for the hospital with critical care experience. When Kessler bought the rehab in 2015 and the culture worsened. Expect high ratios, expensive health benefits, lots of extra meetings to meet their shared governance model. This company attracts new RN's but does not know how to cultivate and keep their nurses. They continue to have high staff turnover. My fellow nurses are the people that I miss the most, nothing else.
Pros
A job: most nurses are nice and helpful
Cons
Rare breaks, high unsafe ratios, poor upper nursing management
horrible place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, NJJanuary 16, 2019
horrible place to work , no respect for no one your treated as a little hampster . always negative feedback they dont respect you as an individal very very sad
Collaborative, great atmosphere
Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Chester, NJJanuary 12, 2019
I love my job here. Everybody works as a team to help one another out and most importantly to get the patients the best care possible. I eventually plan to become a Physical Therapist so this job helps me see how special the bond between the patients and the PTs become.
My favorite part of this job is seeing the patients progress throughout their rehabilitation. From day one until the day they leave the facility. Some of the progressions are remarkable and it is rewarding to see that I get to play a small role in that.
Very laid back atmosphere because everybody plays their roles and more than that.
Fun and Humbling
Rehab Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 23, 2018
A typical day at work:

1. Help patients with activities of daily living (eat, bathe, grooming, etc)
2. Assist patients with theraputic exercise on the rehabilitaion program
3. File patient charts
4. Transport patients to and from doctor and therapy appointments
5. Work closely with physical therapist
Pros
Helping people that need you
Cons
Dealing with people that take life for granted
Would not recommend this place for anyone to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 17, 2018
Poor management all around, favoritism within management, dirty and uncleanly working environment for staff and patients, limited career advancement opportunities although you are told during the interview there would be plenty of opportunities, security is a disgrace on numerous occasions things were stolen or outsiders walked right in past security, health and dental benefits are horrible, you are practically bribed by higher up employees with free food or snacks during review time, many areas of the hospital are super outdated, staff talk about one another and becomes a dramatic uncomfortable working environment, etc.
Cons
Poor management all around, favoritism within management, dirty and uncleanly working environment for staff and patients, limited career advancement opportunities, etc.
Productive and fun
Physical Therapist Aide (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJOctober 13, 2018
Very Productive and friendly staff with ALOT of compassion and commitment to the very best of patient care. I really enjoyed working there. My managers, supervisors and co-workers were all commited to ensuring the absolute best of patient care
Five Star Care
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJOctober 9, 2018
An excellent rehabilitation setting for both patients and providers. Skilled intervention provided with an interdisciplinary model of ST, PT and OT. Passionate staff members contribute to excellent patient care.
Hard work but good team work and fellow staff
Chester Campus-Senior Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, NJSeptember 28, 2018
Kessler is an extremely fast paced environment to work in but if one likes to keep busy at work it is a great job. We were really a family of staff there and we did things that we could to help each other whenever we were able to (e.g. coworker came back from leave after surgery and someone else would pick up the slack for them< no worries. I was promoted very quickly and looked to for many tasks.
Pros
Advancement, raises, bonuses, compassionate care to others
Cons
Exhausting and demanding work
Good first job as RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 14, 2018
I worked at Kessler as a CNA and then a nurse when I graduated school. It is a good way to learn some medical surgical related skills without the pressure of working on a crazy medical surgical floor. That being said, my facility is not just orthopedic patients or easy walkie talkie type of patients. I am not sure if all Kessler's are this way, but mine had an incredibly high acuity. TBI's, spinal cord injuries, gun shot wounds, large amount of wound vacs, a lot of trachs, etc. Overall, the people I worked with on night shift were amazing and helped each other a great deal. However, the upper management is completely out of touch with what nurses go through on the floor and what hurts them vs what helps them. The pay is alright compared to other facilities when you factor in the night shift differential.
Pros
Fellow employees, experience
Cons
always productive and busy, something to learn daily
Full time Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 7, 2018
Always productive and busy, I enjoy the employees that you work with. the hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 12 hours.
management is delightful. Never a dull moment
Pros
intermittent moral boosters like ice cream day
Cons
short breaks and healthcare changes
Working at Kessler is one of the greatest expierences of my life.
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 1, 2018
Kessler is one of the best places to work. There is on tbe job training, well organised, very good medical staff, great location over all great wirh all inpatients.
Pros
On the job training.
Cons
401K, the abiliry to advance your career, lots of on going educational training from various colleges.
The patients and therapist are wonderful. Weekends are rotated. Short staffing is usually an issue.
Assists therapist (Current Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJAugust 23, 2018
Kessler will accommodate you based on your personal life and class schedule. You are expected to learn a lot in a short amount of time. This position is great for someone persuing a job in Rehabilitation.
Pros
Great for persuing a future in health care
Cons
Salary
My history at Kessler Institute
Nurse Case Manager - Outpatient Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 22, 2018
I was the outpatient case manager. I had 3 Directors in one year as my boss. It was very disorganized. Very dirty. My last Director was so nasty and mean all the time. My last day of work that Friday she comes to me at 4pm and wants me to show her my job. Needless to say I was there to 6pm which I did not get paid for.
Pros
Cons
poor management dirty
Horrible
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 14, 2018
Teaneck is the worst. The center manager has no respect for the employers. Very arrogant, no social skills, the therapist is very nice. Higher up management do not care about your feelings always on managers side. The work load is not bad if you dont have the center manager breathing down your neck all the time. They see the bad you do but the good they dont see. Very stressful to work there. I am glad I no longer there.
Productive Company
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 11, 2018
Fast paced as I have to get the patients ready for therapy working with coworkers who are caring. Helping the patients achieve their goals and being able to leave healthier than when they arrive.
Pros
Working the time that works for you
Cons
Growth
Was pleased with the work.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Chester, NJJuly 10, 2018
I loved working at Kessler because I got to see the healthy growth of the patients fist hand. Working at Kessler was enjoyable because we worked as a team to get the job done. we would go out of our way to make sure we all finished our task.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Reviews by Location