Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Management reviews

Bad management
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJMay 13, 2019
Dietary management is very poor and needs to change the people they have in charge management seems to be very abusive and takes advantage of lower worker
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor dietary management
great company
Director of Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Chester, NJMarch 22, 2019
learned a lot working here. a lot of support from management and from human resources. a caring place to bring family for care. had a lot of autonomy also
Excellent company but no advancement
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 19, 2019
Great people to work with. Hours are long, not ideal for people with kids. Depending which center you work your work might be busy or slow. The management is great.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long hour days
Great first job
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJ 08053February 10, 2019
I worked as CNA while finishing nursing school and was hired immediately after passing the boards. It was a great place to learn as a new graduate nurse. When I first started there were lower ratios and if we were short staff it was not an every day occurrence. Other nurses were willing to help and teach the new grads. Compared to other places I think it was a great first job experience. In my time at Marlton rehab/Kessler the patients were sicker and the nurse/patient rations went up. It is almost a daily occurrence to have 8-10 acutely ill patients per nurse and some are total care patients. Experienced nurses were leaving due to staff shortages and lower pay than average. New grad nurses are coming in working a year and leaving for the hospital with critical care experience. When Kessler bought the rehab in 2015 and the culture worsened. Expect high ratios, expensive health benefits, lots of extra meetings to meet their shared governance model. This company attracts new RN's but does not know how to cultivate and keep their nurses. They continue to have high staff turnover. My fellow nurses are the people that I miss the most, nothing else.
Pros
A job: most nurses are nice and helpful
Cons
Rare breaks, high unsafe ratios, poor upper nursing management
fun coworkers
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJanuary 28, 2019
learned a lot from this company. learned how to deal with spinal cord patients and traumatic brain injured patients. learned how to deal with family members that were coping with sorrow and despair.
Pros
cool coworkers
Cons
management
horrible place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, NJJanuary 16, 2019
horrible place to work , no respect for no one your treated as a little hampster . always negative feedback they dont respect you as an individal very very sad
Would not recommend this place for anyone to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 17, 2018
Poor management all around, favoritism within management, dirty and uncleanly working environment for staff and patients, limited career advancement opportunities although you are told during the interview there would be plenty of opportunities, security is a disgrace on numerous occasions things were stolen or outsiders walked right in past security, health and dental benefits are horrible, you are practically bribed by higher up employees with free food or snacks during review time, many areas of the hospital are super outdated, staff talk about one another and becomes a dramatic uncomfortable working environment, etc.
Cons
Poor management all around, favoritism within management, dirty and uncleanly working environment for staff and patients, limited career advancement opportunities, etc.
Good first job as RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 14, 2018
I worked at Kessler as a CNA and then a nurse when I graduated school. It is a good way to learn some medical surgical related skills without the pressure of working on a crazy medical surgical floor. That being said, my facility is not just orthopedic patients or easy walkie talkie type of patients. I am not sure if all Kessler's are this way, but mine had an incredibly high acuity. TBI's, spinal cord injuries, gun shot wounds, large amount of wound vacs, a lot of trachs, etc. Overall, the people I worked with on night shift were amazing and helped each other a great deal. However, the upper management is completely out of touch with what nurses go through on the floor and what hurts them vs what helps them. The pay is alright compared to other facilities when you factor in the night shift differential.
Pros
Fellow employees, experience
Cons
always productive and busy, something to learn daily
Full time Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 7, 2018
Always productive and busy, I enjoy the employees that you work with. the hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 12 hours.
management is delightful. Never a dull moment
Pros
intermittent moral boosters like ice cream day
Cons
short breaks and healthcare changes
My history at Kessler Institute
Nurse Case Manager - Outpatient Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 22, 2018
I was the outpatient case manager. I had 3 Directors in one year as my boss. It was very disorganized. Very dirty. My last Director was so nasty and mean all the time. My last day of work that Friday she comes to me at 4pm and wants me to show her my job. Needless to say I was there to 6pm which I did not get paid for.
Pros
Cons
poor management dirty
Horrible
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 14, 2018
Teaneck is the worst. The center manager has no respect for the employers. Very arrogant, no social skills, the therapist is very nice. Higher up management do not care about your feelings always on managers side. The work load is not bad if you dont have the center manager breathing down your neck all the time. They see the bad you do but the good they dont see. Very stressful to work there. I am glad I no longer there.
Excellent and demanding
Clinician II (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 8, 2018
Busy, effective, full continuum clinical facility. Great patient load and management team, that is forward thinking. Access to technologies and approaches to make job easier and more effective.
Excellent team members in case management
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 4, 2018
Case Management Department is a team alone. The case managers work individually with their own team, but assist colleagues to provided appropriate and safe discharges for their patients. They also work together to help colleagues who may have a heavier assignment to add balance to reduce the stress and workload
Productive and fun work enviroment
Rehab assistant (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 28, 2018
Such a pleasure working with the mix up of different individuals however management was poor. They cared more about making money then the well being of their clients.
Nice place to work
Out Patient Therapy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chester, NJFebruary 26, 2018
Great atmosphere and relationships between departments. Being in an environment where everyone works to make someone''s life better after an accident or medical incident makes you have faith in the human spirit of giving.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
management has favortism and not honest when communicating facts.
Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJJanuary 30, 2018
Enjoyed working with most co-workers, patients and visitors. Management was horrible, abusive and unfair to employees on a daily basis. Supervisor acted immature and enjoyed playing with some employees feelings, to the point of making them tear.
Pros
nice co-workers, benefits (vacation/paid sick time off)
Cons
Poor communication from upper management
Poor management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 21, 2018
The DON is extremely arrogant and a bully. She belittled her managers daily. Placed way too much work on managers then belittled and badgered them when things could not be accomplished. Would keep managers in meeting talking about herself making it difficult to have the time to finish work. Horrible place to work.
fun place to work
Rehab Assistant Co-op (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJDecember 28, 2017
great team work great place to learn
poor staffing at times is the hardest part of the job
learned patient care and time management
performed ADLs and safe patient handling
performed vitals and glucose testing
Most aides are hardworking there are exceptions
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Chester, NJAugust 24, 2017
Would recommend Kessler to family and friends. Management is an issue. At times i did not feel safe working there. They bring harder patients in but lack of staff.
Pros
Good patient care.
Cons
Managers average.
Not a good place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJAugust 19, 2017
Management what management? The CNA's work in a click, and not all of them treat the patients with the respect they deserve. The CNA's do not work as a team with the nurses. The nurses do not all work as a team either or have the skills they should have after graduating nursing school. Patients beware when choosing a rehabilitation facility, and always have your family present.
Pros
parking
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Reviews by Location