Ketchum Employee Reviews

Good company work is stable not pay is undermarket
Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
This is a great place to start your career or come back to after gaining measurable work experience. With any larger company that is held by an even larger company, rising through the ranks with compensation that matches is rare. Performing extremely well will only have your raises be a couple percentage points higher than inflation. Get experience and move onto another company, you will be paid more.
best job
Senior Account Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2018
love the company, i had a great manager and amazing opportunities to work on top clients. it was always at the cutting edge of digital and research so a lot of opportunities to learn
Strong work, weak culture
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2018
Across teams at Ketchum, there is a very consistent working style: organized, polished, professional and thorough. Team really deliver for their clients and enjoy working together.

While everyone has good working relationships, friendships are only made in small pockets of the agency. Many people do their work and go home.
I worked here
Senior Digital PM (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2018
Great company to work for. Great culture and benefits. I recommend anyone to work at this company. I would definitely work here again if I could. I liked the management.
wonderful people great staff, well atleast 95% of them :0)
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20036January 6, 2018
18 wonderful years, I enjoyed the young energetic colleagues that quickly became very dear to me, attended weddings, family events etc. I didn't want to leave and was loved and respected by many. Didn't appreciate the way I was shown the door by just a few managers of many from management and had to hire an employment attorney to assure that I'd receive benefits that I was entitled and dismiss their claim.
Pros
great collection of staffers, wonderful folks
Cons
as I witnessed and often heard, when they want you gone, anything goes
When Ketchum Directory was sold!
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 4, 2018
Ketchum Directory Advertising was a great place to work until it was sold to 3 men who ran it into the ground. They had no clue on budgeting, management or people skills. Talent was leaving before layoffs. People were being laid off and jobs were going unfinished. KDA is no longer open.
Ketchum Review Summary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
I worked for some of the most solidly talented colleagues from various levels and provided the most excellent of results. I managed several department heads at all times.
Pros
The entire experience
Cons
N/a
Great culture with wonderful people
IT Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 15, 2017
Ketchum Pittsburgh has always been a great place to work as the people there are second to none. It's going to be a shame when the office closes in the 1st quarter of 2018.
Benifical and Learning Experience
Accounting Clerk/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2017
My typical day at work would be to input AP/ and AR invoices, to check and resolve any billing issues, input General leger and to match it up with direct charges, input any and all expense reports, to generate and run any checks to be paid for the pay cycle and to file all related correspondence.
Pros
Direct input for the satisfying of clients.
Cons
No room for growth
Great firm but very competitive
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
The firm tends to duplicate roles possibly as a way of driving performance through increased competition which sometimes creates an antagonistic environment.
Good agent to grow, with long hours and hard management
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2017
A good PR agency to get experience and work with cool clients/campaigns and truly understand the field. However the hours are long and the teams are demanding, with little room to change.
Pros
great people, cool clients, weekly bar cart
Cons
long hours, very hard expectations
Fun and productive work place
Client Accounting Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2017
Expense Reports in AP then moved to the Billing Department.
Responsible for billing invoices for several locations across US and one in Canada. Answered questions from account coordinators in each location.
Creative environment. Very encouraging. Fun people.
Senior Editor/Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2017
Great place to work. Great work. They encouraged creativity and were open to ideas and input. They celebrated victories often, which kept moral high. In addition to challenging assignments, they provided fun things to do for breaks or downtime, which encouraged staff to get to know each other. The one downside was the extensive micromanaging of time to the point bathroom breaks had to be accounted for.
Pros
Brainstorm sessions, in-office parties
Cons
Micromanaged time
Like the Other Big PR Firms
VP, Digital and Content Strategy (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
Ketchum has some great people, and some outstanding senior leadership. The organization is very flat, so only the folks at the top have decision making power. SVPs and below don't have much. The brands are all predictable, behemoth brands not generally known for innovation. There are some good opportunities to learn and grow, but for many, they run out after a few years.
Pros
Working on big brands
Cons
Working on big, boring brands
Outstanding and award winning agency
Senior Vice President and Group Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
Ketchum is a wonderful agency, as you will work along side award-winning colleagues on some of the most important client companies in the world. Great place to work.
Great culture
Managing Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2017
Ketchum is a top global PR agency. The teams, regardless of office are comprised of kind, smart and strategic PR professionals. The agency is well connected and strives to deliver the best for its clients.
It's been a long time since I worked there.
graphic/production artist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 27, 2017
It's been a long time since I worked there. I just remember there were great employees to work. And I still keep in contact with several of them.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Poor Management
Excellent Company for young hipsters
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
Great work ethic, young, enthusiastic, team spirit with a great management team that encourages advancement and opportunity to work independently as well as with a great sense of team spirit.
Great environment and coworkers
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2016
The positive environment at Ketchum was magnificent. I felt like I was at home when I was at work. Management was very helpful and so were my coworkers. The experience was well worth it along with the flexible work hours.
Great company
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 25, 2016
The people that work here could not be better or smarter. The work is creative, innovative and the client service is phenomenal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ketchum. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.5Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.