Ketchum

Ketchum Employee Reviews

Frequent downsizing
Overall Ketchum is a good agency, they have made some strides to accommodate employees needs.

In the years I worked there, there were several rounds of layoffs which made everyone uneasy every fall.
The best in the business
Great people. I don't have time to do a thorough review right now, but I will when I have time. Not sure why this is required anyway. Thank you for reading.
Hard no.
I don’t think I’ve had a worse experience at Ketchum. I left crying every day. They paid so unfairly - how is anyone supposed to live in NYC or around the area with a $35,000 salary before taxes? My boss was a joke. Our entire department was embarrassing. The only reason I can be grateful for that company is because it taught me what not to look for in a job.
Downhill
Ketchum is steadily going downhill. Has been for more than two years with significant layoffs every few months. I've had members of my team lose their jobs without even being consulted!
Fun workplace with great people
Great work/life balance with leadership that clearly demonstrates what is expected. Client work is demanding but workload is shared among teammates in a fair fashion
Great place to advance skills, low pay, great flexbility
Ketchum is a great place to grow your PR skills but there are a few things the company can work on. The culture is amazing and the flexibility for work life balance is great but the pay sucks.
Good workplace, great people
Great place to work with amazing clients, strong team mates and a decent work life balance. Love this agency and the opportunities I have had here in the past year.
KDA not Ketchum
I worked at KDA, Ketchum Directory Advertising, not the larger brother/sister company Ketchum. We shared a space for a few years in Pittsburgh. Ketchum seemed to be much better run than KDA. I don't believe KDA exists anymore.
Pros
It was a good company to learn from, and start a career.
Cons
It no longer exists.
Taken over by parent company and no longer a good culture
Ketchum was a great place to work until Omnicom started driving the business decisions. As with all big business, greed took over and ruined the culture.
Good company work is stable not pay is undermarket
This is a great place to start your career or come back to after gaining measurable work experience. With any larger company that is held by an even larger company, rising through the ranks with compensation that matches is rare. Performing extremely well will only have your raises be a couple percentage points higher than inflation. Get experience and move onto another company, you will be paid more.
best job
love the company, i had a great manager and amazing opportunities to work on top clients. it was always at the cutting edge of digital and research so a lot of opportunities to learn
Strong work, weak culture
Across teams at Ketchum, there is a very consistent working style: organized, polished, professional and thorough. Team really deliver for their clients and enjoy working together.

While everyone has good working relationships, friendships are only made in small pockets of the agency. Many people do their work and go home.
I worked here
Great company to work for. Great culture and benefits. I recommend anyone to work at this company. I would definitely work here again if I could. I liked the management.
wonderful people great staff, well atleast 95% of them :0)
18 wonderful years, I enjoyed the young energetic colleagues that quickly became very dear to me, attended weddings, family events etc. I didn't want to leave and was loved and respected by many. Didn't appreciate the way I was shown the door by just a few managers of many from management and had to hire an employment attorney to assure that I'd receive benefits that I was entitled and dismiss their claim.
Pros
great collection of staffers, wonderful folks
Cons
as I witnessed and often heard, when they want you gone, anything goes
When Ketchum Directory was sold!
Ketchum Directory Advertising was a great place to work until it was sold to 3 men who ran it into the ground. They had no clue on budgeting, management or people skills. Talent was leaving before layoffs. People were being laid off and jobs were going unfinished. KDA is no longer open.
Ketchum Review Summary
I worked for some of the most solidly talented colleagues from various levels and provided the most excellent of results. I managed several department heads at all times.
Pros
The entire experience
Cons
N/a
great team spirit
A dedicated team of professionals making the most out of a chaotic and constantly changing PR landscape. Great team spirit and great opportunities to grow.
Great culture with wonderful people
Ketchum Pittsburgh has always been a great place to work as the people there are second to none. It's going to be a shame when the office closes in the 1st quarter of 2018.
Benifical and Learning Experience
My typical day at work would be to input AP/ and AR invoices, to check and resolve any billing issues, input General leger and to match it up with direct charges, input any and all expense reports, to generate and run any checks to be paid for the pay cycle and to file all related correspondence.
Pros
Direct input for the satisfying of clients.
Cons
No room for growth
Great firm but very competitive
The firm tends to duplicate roles possibly as a way of driving performance through increased competition which sometimes creates an antagonistic environment.
Good agent to grow, with long hours and hard management
A good PR agency to get experience and work with cool clients/campaigns and truly understand the field. However the hours are long and the teams are demanding, with little room to change.
Pros
great people, cool clients, weekly bar cart
Cons
long hours, very hard expectations
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ketchum. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight