Kett Engineering

Kett Engineering Employee Reviews

United States113 reviews
Featured review
Kett Engineering selected this as a representative review
You'll have an opportunity to drive several various classes of vehicles, and work with new tech first hand. This position opened a new world for me and allowed me to work on projects that kept me interested and involved . Everyday something new was available to work on, and in my personal opinion, all projects and driving involved is very interesting. This is not a job that is stagnant or repetitive. During my time with the company I had a blast with all co-workers and the management team was exceptional. All employees were incorporated on driving and the work involved. The hardest part of the job is ensuring all your driving is always in check; making certain you are always focused and ready. Everyday was fascinating. Easily the best job and industry I have had the opportunity to experience
Actually pretty fun interview process. Two day event. Day one, written rules of the road test. Day two, behind the wheel safety test. Day two was the greatest interview I ever had.
Very friendly atmosphere. Supervisor and driver lead seemed to really care about workers. Test drive all types of vehicles both domestic as well asforeign
Pros
Great pay! fun job!
Cons
Fighting for full time position
You work as a contractor for a large tech company. Alongside permanent employees of said tech company, who get paid more than you do, have better work perks, benefits, and are first in line for advancement. You are doing mostly the same work that they are, sometimes more so.

Expectations and responsibilities increase, while your pay remains the same year-to-year. Reviews aren't given.

The allure of graduating to the ranks of the permanent employees is ever-present, but never materializes. This didn't happen even for longer-tenured (5+ years), crucial employees. Never will either, because contractors drastically reduce costs for the tech company.

Work processes are improving, but they were awful to begin with. When I was hired, it honestly reminded me of startups scrambling to streamline.

Interview was the easiest I ever had. Not an exaggeration. However, many people are let go during the probationary period. Fairly relaxed day-to-day work atmosphere. I like most of my coworkers, but management is otherwise obstructionist.

Don't move to work here. Getting the job guarantees nothing. Also not a livable wage for this area. Work/life balance is never harsh because overtime is very rarely approved.
Pros
Safety during COVID-19, continually improving processes (but not policies)
Cons
Low salary, absence of raises, lackluster benefits, contractor status, no room for growth
Volkswagon is now dictating to Kett engineering how to spend the money they are allotted. No more raises ,total hours a week cut. It's a very fickle work environment (who likes who)

They use you up and spit you out when your not needed and they keep most new employees as a contract worker for at least one year. It used to be ninety days then you considered full time with benefits. If you looking for stable work year after year this is NOT your place !

Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Never know if youll be working tomorrow, cut throat co-workers
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It's wonderful corporate job with a excellent why to advance, everyone was the best . great planning,in a feild of automous engineering,it was more than a job.
Have to say it is very nice to go to work where everyone feels welcomed. They have a way of maintaining the thrill and excitement, while complying with regulations. Strongly believe they go out of their way for each and every one of their employees. Truly blessed to work there and know such nice people. All the superiors are very respectful, trustworth, and above all problem solvers.
Training, rules and policies change from day to day. You're lucky if you are notified of these changes.
You'll be lucky to pass the Driver/Operator test. You have one chance to pass or you'll be laid off.

Then you'll be lucky to drive a car. The 'customer' training lead has no experience in autonomous cars yet gives the direction on training.

There isn't any organization and no specific person in charge.

Multiple employees wonder off and hide during the day.

Working hours can change week to week.
Pros
Cons
You don't get recognized for doing extra work.
Nice n friendly people good staff never had a problem ... traveling to different states. Get to see different things an people. It's like traveling for free
Not a place to mess around. Days start ealy around 5a.m. and tend to end about 4. There's lots of O.T. perfect job for those who can drive for 10hrs+ with only 3 stops.
Awesome job the people there are awesome the new rides that you test out our awesome boss is a cool the engineers are cool you’ll like it just the drive to work sucks
Pros
Drive cars coming out in the future
Cons
Long drive to work
Company culture is dog eat dog. No loyalty among coworkers or managers. Its all about miles and money. Secondly is how management or coworkers can take advantage of your kindness or work.
When people are hired for seasonal work they are kept on, working maybe 1 day per week. They do their best to starve out full time employees, to keep them from unemployment if layed off. Supervisors are consistently fed,for work opportunities. Literally fed.Stay away from this place unless you're really in need.
Management doesn’t care about their employees. There’s no effort into knowing an individual’s skill set, or what they’re seeking to achieve in the company. Some employees have been hired for different positions with significantly higher pay, but are doing the same work as everyone else. Raises are out of the question because of “legal issues,” which they’ll never disclose. Employees remain uninformed of their performance as there are no reviews. Supervisor plays favorites, is lazy, and incompetent to make any effort upon an employee’s needs whether it’s personal, or professional. Can’t even supply the resources to efficiently do your job. Overall, a terrible place to work due to lackluster management.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Pros:
*Sometimes nice cars to drive.

Cons:

*Pay is terrible for what they ask you to do. Monitor equipment, drive safely, follow prescribed route, manage your time to meet mileage targets.

*You won’t know if you’re working until the day before.

*Management is unhappy, no surprise, and there is no room for growth.
Very unprofessional atmosphere ,bunch of know it all's trying to make driving a car seem like rocket science to validate their lack of career options ,no evident advancement opportunities .
I was asked to create a new Gmail account on my phone so that I could receive messages via Slack, their preferred method of communication. This is pretty 'Mickey Mouse'. Next, the free version of Slack that they were using is hackable and not encrypted. Then, they sent me for training at a special testing facility in Chelsea, MI (supposedly cost them $1,000) and then summarily fired me eight days later. During the second day of training, we had three hours of training, then after lunch was over, we were given no further instruction, so we sat for TWO hours with no further instruction. By the way, why was I fired? I was fired because I brought to their attention the above issues, and also most likely because one of the fellow drivers was rude to me. Since I was taught that it is better to keep quiet than say mean things, I shut my mouth during our test drive. She probably complained that I didn't talk to her for four hours, and that also led to me being fired.
The worst group of people I ever worked for. They record everything you do and HR and young German engineer canned me for no reason at all. Do not work at Carson. Racist people and management does not care about your career. I was discriminated on.
Waste of time. .. you will quit .. i have no idea how this place is even still open... youre better off going to a temp agency...your time wont matter.. its only good if you have a real full time job and you just want a second job when youre board..
Easiest job I have ever had, one has paperwork to fill out , evaluating vehicles as taught, driving on a pre determined route, reporting to customer and management of any vehicle or other problems, turn in your daily report and go home . Some computer work in vehicle is required. Great for retirees or college students seeking part time work. They will work around your schedule and shift preference.
Kett-Engineering was a well run company that cared about it’s employees. I enjoyed my time working with Kett and would recommend anyone interested in a career with them to explore it. The administration and HR department was absolutely fantastic to work with.
I enjoyed my position with Kett, in large part because one day was never the same as the day before. And the site manager, was an excellent trainer. Once he felt you could be left to handle a project he did not micro manage.