Kett Engineering Employee Reviews

if you like slow and it doesn't bother you that they are not truthful with you at the interview.
Test Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Wittman AZSeptember 20, 2018
I was told something completely different at the interview than what was happening on the job site. The people you work with are a great bunch of people, I will miss them. The work was easy and enjoyably. This job is not intended as a main job great for someone over the age of 59.
Pros
just the people and the work
Cons
They are not up front with you.
Fun place to work
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 19, 2018
This was, hands down, the best job I've ever had. The culture is relaxed and easy-going and the people I worked with were friendly and fun. The work was fun and engaging, I was able to drive a wide variety of vehicles and provide useful information directly to automotive engineers.
It was a GREAT experience!
Durability Driver (Former Employee) –  California City, CASeptember 3, 2018
This was the best part time job I have ever had, all of the other drivers were wonderful to work with and very helpful and welcoming to new employees. They taught you everything you needed to know. I will always remember this job as the job I had the most fun with! I met so many interesting people there. From management to all of the workers it made my experience in California my most memorable of all. THANK YOU KETT ENGINEERING for giving me that opportunity. It was great in all aspects! The name I left with, Cotton Tail Commando and some called me Bunny Thumper! It was very memorable!
Pros
The whole experience!
Cons
There were none!
Management never hears you out and they fire Hispanics for unworthy reasons.
Test driver (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 15, 2018
I think this job is horrible because they have fired Hispanics for minor things like speeding but other people who have crashed the cars are still there because of their ethnicity . It’s not right , people shouldn’t be racist that way ...
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Poor management, racism, low pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 7, 2018
plenty of work during the season, coworkers were great, trucks new and beautiful. Management and engineers were great to work with. I gained a lot of great work experience and was able to challenge myself.
Pros
Lots of travel and OTR experiance
Cons
Not continuos work
This is a fun work place, but you may be laid off.
Durability Driver (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJuly 30, 2018
First shift B, not A. I believe that second and third shift are pretty good, but first shift A is awful. They like to yell at their people, and that is not cool. This job should not be stressful in any way.
Pros
People are really nice, the job is easy
Cons
Winter is iffy and you may be laid off.
Really nice place to work
Test Driver (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 17, 2018
Nice facility and fun job getting to drive a variety of vehicles, management is very appreciative of efforts produced and works hard on trying to provide work hours
Pros
Fun job get to drive a variety of vehicles in different situations
Cons
Far distance to drive to and from work
Great place for a job
Corrosion Driver (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZApril 26, 2018
This is a good company for if you need a job. It could be a career but do to layoffs and scheduling for training with advance meant it is not a great fit for myself.
Great for those who are retired
Test Driver (Current Employee) –  Burton, MIApril 10, 2018
This is a very laid back job and the employees are friendly and helpful. this would be a great job for someone who loves cars, and have some spare time.
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
May be off for extended periods of time
Productive workplace
Test Driver (Former Employee) –  California City, CAMarch 27, 2018
All in all a great place to work. Good management and good employees. Pretty good work-life balance. I worked swing shift and enjoyed it. Lots of opportunity for advancement.
2 hours the whole week, hired for 2nd shift, scheduled at 6AM.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 5, 2018
I was hired at 15/hr, but they advertised 16.5/hr. Hired for 2nd shift, scheduled 5 days off, day 6, 1st shift, even though I advised preference, and that changing hours makes people sick: pneumonia, heart attack, stroke, etc.
Manager completely DISRESPECTS people's health, switching shifts takes 3 weeks for body clocks, blood pressure to recover. Sleep deprivation not only causes strokes, and heart attacks, but premature aging, and diseases like diabetes, MS, and more due to use of stimulants to force performance.
WE were told you would have a week off with no work because the manufacturer would pull the car.
Pros
Hiring people are fast and efficient
Cons
Disrespect of your health, financial demands of life, irregular hours and lack of money to pay bills.
You get to travel with this company
Field test driver (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 7, 2018
I love working for Kett Engineering because you get to travel and see new and different cities as well as test drive brand new prototype vehicles. If this job offered benefits and paid at least 15 dollars an hour and could guarantee work it would be the best job in the world. I loved every second of working with everyone and gained a lot of new friends.
Pros
Traveling to new states and cities
Cons
no health benefits, no sick time and no vacation days. Never knew when they would send you home due to no work.
Test Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 6, 2018
Wish they didn't end they job ,that is my only con I have great management. Great pay at the time close to home fun work that made you feel important !!!!
Pros
Everything was awsome
Cons
Job ended
Kent Engineering
Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 25, 2018
This job was a temporary job I was doing while attending classes at school. The management had poor organization skill and it was an on- call positions. Sometimes I wouldn't work for weeks.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay was not good.
Poor Management
Test Driver (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZ 85138January 22, 2018
No advancement and terrible leaders. A typical day was driving a car on a specific route and writing a report about the vehicle performance. The worst part if the job is being outside in the summer when you have to do things with the vehicle.
Good temporary work
Durability (Former Employee) –  Wittmann, AZJanuary 10, 2018
Kett offers great temporary work for people who are either in between jobs or retired. Fun job that is pretty stress free and not to quick paced. Travel is an option
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
not always guaranteed future work.
test driver
Test driver (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 25, 2017
early mornings report to the main group and discuss route and then go from there to document the fueling of the car we were driving. report at the end of the day to go over if anything went smoothly or any failed temps at station
Pros
drive new car, was fun
great fun job
Test Driver (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 1, 2017
Kett was a great place to work the job was fun and cool the only problem was that the pay wasn't enough for the high risk that you were taking every day driving on the freeway
Great place to work.
Test Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 21, 2017
Enjoyed the time there, but was completely surprised when we were all suddenly laid off. Wasn't told going in that it would not last very long, however, I would absolutely go back to work for them if the opportunity came up again.
Pros
Driving
Not steady enuff work!
Evaluater (Current Employee) –  Burton, MINovember 20, 2017
If you are driving truck they may break down quite a bit and only work two or less out of your scheduled days, if your lucky. The management and people are great just lack of steady work for biweekly pay now. I don't drive car so I'd assume it's better days. Though it is pretty laid back work if you don't mind not working much.
Pros
Nice easy to get along with employess and management.
Cons
Not steady enuff work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kett Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about