Kettering Health Network Employee Reviews

Very policy oriented.
Internal/External Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Kettering. Unfortunately, I left for health reasons at that time. I would like to be rehired but they are not forgiving, even as a Christian organization.
A great place to practice and grow!
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Xenia, OHOctober 8, 2018
This network is so supportive of personal and professional growth. The majority of my co-workers are in school to advance their degrees and KHN is flexible in their scheduling requirements to help make those dreams a reality.
Cons
Somewhat lacking support between departments (ER, Med-Surg, Icu, etc.).
EEG Technician (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 25, 2018
Great place to work. Good team environment. From housekeeping to administration we are all in this together. Considerate of personal lives outside of work.
Pros
Teamwork
ok
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 24, 2018
my first and last hospital job. you really could tell who liked you and who didn't, this could make you job stressful. Could not move up in this company even with the credential
Rewarding place to work, good teamwork and communication among team members
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 15, 2018
Care centered on patients and their families with emphasis on safety and high satisfaction. Excellent communication between team members is a safeguard for the best care every time, every patient.
Pros
Flexible hours, teamwork
Cons
Short staffing
good company to work for
Hamilton- Mason Road (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Advanced providers are highly respected and allowed to contribute to the care and plan of patients.
APP's are able to work autonomously, treated with respect and contribute to the community and care of all.
A good job for the right person
Epic ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 27, 2018
I've been employed at KHN for many years. It can be the right place for the right person. I have been in many roles there: HP-UX Admin/Environment Coordinator/Cache' DBA/Caboodle Admin/ETL Developer.
Best hospital to work at.
Evs (Former Employee) –  SouthviewAugust 20, 2018
I’ve worked at two other hospitals before moving to Dayton, Ohio working in Evs and I can say I did enjoy working at Southview. I enjoyed my manager and the area I worked in Maternity. They really did make you feel appreciated and not just a housekeeper. The mission and culture of the hospital was amazing, and implemented throughout the entire hospital:
Pros
The pay, management, advancement, benefits
Cons
Workers could be a pain, Complained about everything
Fast pace, great physicians to work for.
Student Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHAugust 8, 2018
Great company to work for. I did my externship at this facility. Co-workers were very helpful. Management was great and very understanding when I had a family issue.
Pros
Good hours, enjoyed the patient care.
Cons
The facility was just to far for me to drive everyday.
Hard worker with excellent patient care
Radiographic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 25, 2018
Provide knowledge to the patients and take optimal x-rays for the radiologists to read. Excellent place to work with enthusiastic employees. I would recommend Kettering Health Network as an excellent place to work.
very nice place to work and the peole are very friendly
Floor Technician/Housekeeping/maintenance (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 20, 2018
very freindly place to and the ceo of the company help out all his employees and other staff member i would recommand this job to all people. they have very good benefits they pay well and they help employees if they short on money or bills
Pros
nice place to work
Fun place to work
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJuly 11, 2018
Overall good working environment, friendly staff and enthusiastic and fair supervisor. Enjoyed working in the ER and helping to expedite the registration process.
Good company
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 18, 2018
Kettering health network is a good place to work overall. While nothing is perfect, Kettering Health Network has their employees in mind when making decisions. A typical work day for a nurse consists of 12 hour shifts managing care of patients at the bedside.
Nice place to work
HB/PB Cash Posting Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 13, 2018
My job is not the hardest job but you have to pay very close attention and be able to do more than one thing at a time. People are very nice and helpful.
Pros
You receive two free no lunches a month and 2 hours to flex time.
Cons
Time paid off is very low
Na
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OH 45342June 10, 2018
Hardest part of the job is that there is never enough help from management when we need it the most, which in turn I am unable to give my very best bare to my patients.
First impression wrong!
Nutritional Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioMay 16, 2018
You would think that Kettering Medical Center being a seven-day Adventist Christian Hospital that you would find people who kind,considerate, and Pleasant to work with but that was not the case. There's definitely a lot of favoritism, cliques and sabotaging in the departments.
Pros
Always rewarding with food.
Cons
Management and co-workers
Fun environment
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHMay 4, 2018
Sometimes things could get a little crazy and rough around the edges but for the most part it was a great place to work.
Some days are slow and tiring while others are just off the charts and the phone can get crazy.
I do like helping people
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Not much time for breaks accept for lunch
medical coder
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  prestige plazaMay 3, 2018
I worked from home coding medical charts. I enjoyed working from home and having that flexible schedule. I learned about all the rules and regulations for coding medical charts. My manager was a micro-manager who had to know what i was doing at all times. The workplace was quiet and co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job is trying to do my work and others as well. The most enjoyable part was working from home.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
benefits are expensive
Work experience
Clinical Staff Nurse Anesthetist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed working with both the patients as well as my team mates. My goal was to make what is a very stressful experience be remembered as a caring comforting experience
Very helpful team
Decision Support Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHApril 5, 2018
Although my time at Kettering was short it was a great experience. There was zero overtime and my co workers and supervisors were extremely helpful. Zero stress on my part.
Pros
Flexible Schedule and no over time
Cons
slower paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kettering Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight