Kettering Health Network Employee Reviews

Poor culture for "Christian based" network
NP (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 5, 2019
Loved working here until I moved up in the ranks and worked with physicians and corporate types. Blew my mind the dishonesty, lack of integrity etc. The mission and values of the network meant something to me, but those creeps just used it for their own advancement.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay
Cons
Dishonest HR, management
Kettering is the best organization to work for in health care
RN Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 12, 2019
Overall, Kettering can not be beat. The health benefits are not the best. Management is very present and involved. They offer many opportunities for employees to gather and meet upper management.
Pros
mission, environment
Cons
health plan
Fantastic Culture
Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 5, 2019
This is the first job I have where I feel valued, not just a number on a roster. Competitive salaries and the health insurance is pretty decent. I have been here 3 years and I have not felt the 'morning dread' of coming to work here.
Pros
culture, salary
Cons
mostly hire from within
Revenue Cycle Project Manager / Epic Manager (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 16, 2018
Kettering is a great place to work. Network offers a lot of benefits to help balance home and work life. Education with in the network and support for higher education is available. Kettering invests in the development of their employees and recognizes those that put in the effort.
You'll love your coworkers and fear management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 19, 2018
I worked for Kettering Physicians Network for over a year before being let go for situations beyond my control. The office manager and supporting staff are all very attentive and caring. They understand that life happens.

Upper management, however, is a joke. Lack of communication, superiority complex, and loosely follow their mission statement just enough to interpret it how they please. Had a situation where they terminated two vital members of our staff and promised the office that we would not suffer...that was May and they just hired replacements end of last month. Temps covering are a joke and just made the work day more frustrating.

Pay could definitely be better and health benefits are appalling. Need to see doctors in the Kettering network but it is very difficult when you work in Hamilton and closest specialist is in Dayton. Vision and dental is good.

This company is not the WORST to work for but be very aware of who you talk to and just keep your nose clean and out of the office gossip.
Kettering Health Network
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 27, 2018
Really great place to work, salaries are too low for the clerical positions, but the benefits are great and employees receive discounts for phone bills, cable bills, etc/
Best hospital to work at.
Evs (Former Employee) –  SouthviewAugust 20, 2018
I’ve worked at two other hospitals before moving to Dayton, Ohio working in Evs and I can say I did enjoy working at Southview. I enjoyed my manager and the area I worked in Maternity. They really did make you feel appreciated and not just a housekeeper. The mission and culture of the hospital was amazing, and implemented throughout the entire hospital:
Pros
The pay, management, advancement, benefits
Cons
Workers could be a pain, Complained about everything
very nice place to work and the peole are very friendly
Floor Technician/Housekeeping/maintenance (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 20, 2018
very freindly place to and the ceo of the company help out all his employees and other staff member i would recommand this job to all people. they have very good benefits they pay well and they help employees if they short on money or bills
Pros
nice place to work
medical coder
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  prestige plazaMay 3, 2018
I worked from home coding medical charts. I enjoyed working from home and having that flexible schedule. I learned about all the rules and regulations for coding medical charts. My manager was a micro-manager who had to know what i was doing at all times. The workplace was quiet and co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job is trying to do my work and others as well. The most enjoyable part was working from home.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
benefits are expensive
Manager of Information Security (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 28, 2018
Excellent people with whom to work. There is a great culture here. There is always a challenge to overcome, but the leadership cultivates success and personal growth.
Productive place to work. Fast pace
Payment Compliance Specialist Revenue Management (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJanuary 10, 2019
querying and researching underpayments for all contracts. Determining financial assistance for patients. It was challenging to learn the Payment compliance Revenue Management piece
Pros
Free no lunches so you can leave early
Cons
No breaks
Kettering has an overall great atmosphere. The up hold GOD their morals.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 18, 2019
I am a Supervisor and my Manager is terrible. She is NOT for the employee at all. If you are late, she is on you and writing you up every chance she gets! There is NO empathy for the struggling employee. You better be prepared to work short handed, or have a heart for a Single Mom struggling.
Pros
Christian Atmosphere
Cons
Management is terrible and Human Resources is against the employee as well.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 27, 2018
Great place to work! Customer service oriented, friendly staff to work with and management was excellent. I loved working for Kettering, if I ever have the opportunity to work for them again, I would!
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 23, 2018
This was a great place to work. Great company culture and work environment. The company really cares about their community; making sure that they carry out plenty of community activities to stay engaged.
KHN good.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 14, 2018
I worked for a doctors office that was owned by KHN. Don’t get me wrong KHN was a great company to work for, but working for the management in our office was terrible. From the manager of our office to the regional manager overseeing our office, they played favorites and if you weren’t a favorite you were treated poorly
Nice place to work.
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHMarch 5, 2018
Very stable, nice place to work. Nice coworkers. Great benefits and pain time off. Nice hours. They will also pay for schooling if you are in the network for a certain amount of time.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Kettering is a great company to work for. Pay could be better - Dayton pay is lower than Cincinnati area pay. Everyone that works there is nice and helpful.
Pros
Helpful leaders
Cons
Low pay compared to surrounding areas
good
OB Technician (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 15, 2019
so far my experience with this health network has been very positive. However, it seems there may be more requirements of full time employees that I have not had to experience yet as I work PRN
culture of KMC
RN (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 4, 2019
kettering is a great place to work-- faith based organization. I was fortunate enough to have great flexibility in my per diem role that accommodated my life style
Very organized and transparent company to work for
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 26, 2018
I am very happy working for KHN as they listen to employees from all departments and make changes that are communicated to them if feasible. The organization also keeps employees informed and up to date on pertinent information

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kettering Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight