Ketterman Rowland & Westlund

Ketterman Rowland & Westlund Employee Reviews

Meh
Benefits and PTO is nice, but no advancement opportunities. I enjoyed my Supervisor, but not all supervisors/ higher ups were friendly. About 90% of the women who worked in the release department were rude. Especially the release Supervisor & her “assistant”. The accountant is VERY rude to everyone and needs to learn how to speak to others. Not a bad company, but the clients make you want to scream.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Pay, Management
Nice Company
I enjoyed my time at KRW. Of course, like any job, it definitely had it’s stressful days. I came here looking for work life balance and this is what I received. They offer great benefits, plenty of PTO, and are very understanding. Personally, I loved my immediate Supervisor, HR was so kind, the attorney I worked with in the New Orleans office was amazing.
Benefits
Official response from Ketterman Rowland & Westlund
October 15, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience at KRW. We truly appreciate all feedback and use it to make improvements for current and future employees!
Call Center
I worked for KRW for 2 1/2 years (Houston Office) and it was the worst job I ever had. Management horrible , Staff unprofessional, the list goes on. This company over all is a joke as law firm please don’t waste your time.
Pros
Free lunch on clinic days
Cons
Micromanage, gossip women/ attorney ( Matt Ketterman)
Great place
I really love being with KRW. There are a lot of great opportunities for advancement, and it is a nice work environment to be in. I appreciate the open door policy with HR the most and the benefits are amazing, it is so nice to be with a company that really appreciates their employees!
Poor training and HR staff and management
Based off my experience here KRW like to make you think they “Kare” when in reality they don’t. They will out no effort in to make sure you succeed. My first day here I had a mailman tell me turnover rate for the front desk is really high and he can never keep up with the girls names.. HAHA! Also make sure you know Spanish unless you want to be discriminated for that.
Pros
Cons
HR is shady
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Supervisor/management
When I was hired on I felt that at KRW I was part of the team! Everyone was generous enough to show me the skills I needed to know right from the start. Their team was cheerful and welcoming. From my supervisor to HR everything was pretty laid back. HR/management and supervisors have it tuff I know from my previous job site. Working here I felt like I can address any of my concerns without hesitation. The benefits are great and don’t forget Taco Friday!
Wonderful Employer
I really enjoyed the time I spent here! HR made me feel comfortable from the start and made me feel welcome even during the interview. They were very professional and called me within a week to let me know I was hired. Once there, I noticed this firm wasn't like others. I saw how much care they took of their clients and employees. I would have stayed longer had I not moved but I will always remember the wonderful experience I had there
Pros
Great HR, Caring Emoloyers
Great Growing Company
Hands down one of the best companies I have worked with. Management and HR department is amazing and very approachable. Always welcoming and goes above and beyond. For a growing company they sure know now to manage all the growing pains and balance all the locations.
Of course it’s a company you need to work and follow all the rules, but they are fair and easy to follow. You can always ask questions.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ketterman Rowland & Westlund?
Great place to work with strong benefits and leadership
KRW has always been an exciting place to work. The couple of years I have worked have been challenging and rewarding. Profit sharing and 401K a plus. Helps encourage a retirement plan for employees. Management has an open door policy which I have used when I have had problems arise. KRW even though large, has a "family" atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Fast past enviroment
Terrible HR/ Management - Don’t recommend
At first it seems like a great place until you see what really goes on behind the scenes. For starters HR isn’t qualified for the positions they hold, so good luck there. Confidentiality from them is also not there. If you’re a paralegal that has been there a decent amount of time everything is great for you but if you’re not be willing to have everyone side with the lady that’s been there long! Granted I can see why they have that mentality but it’s not right. Attorneys are very nice and helpful more so than paralegals (odd). Receptionist jobs are also a joke, having one operator to answer all phone calls seems smart until you realize all that operator does is gossip with HR all day and bring them lunch instead of answering the phone. Wish we could all get paid to do that all day! HR and management also won’t let you know of your mistakes until basically they’re calling you in to fire you. Qualified employees that fail is due to poor training and poor management end of story. Overall KRW looks nice from the outside but beware you are nothing to them at the end of the day and they won’t even flinch when they decide you’re done. They will try to do small tiny things to make it seem like they tried or cared when in reality what they tried was pointless. A company that doesn’t provide everything necessary for someone to succeed isn’t an ideal workplace.
Cons
HR and Management
Awesome firm
If you are looking for a fast paced work environment, this is the place to be. Everyday you learn something new. You are surrounded by a bunch of long term employees who are willing to work together. The attorney's are also amazing and the dedication they have for their client's is wonderful.
Pros
Benefits, perks throughout the year, holiday parties.
Firm is full of sexism, micromanaging and favoritism!
I enjoyed my experience with HR and my supervisor. Everybody was very nice at the beginning then it kinda starts going downhill. The work was easy and I caught on quickly; became very stressful once I had to call clients, it started feeling like I was working in a call center some days-which maybe hiring a call center could help out this firm so employees don’t get so overly stressed out! From the start of my employment here, I quickly noticed that there was favoritism, sexism and micromanagement in the air. I needed a job and basically only worked here to get a paycheck; thought I could hold out for a year but it’s not worth it. Run far away from this firm, I should’ve listened to the negative reviews on here. Yes you get perks like paid parking, pool/gym key, PTO, but all in all, it really isn’t worth it with the Austin traffic and once you see all the sketchy-ness that goes on in the firm. They also expect you to drive to Houston AND back in a day to experience one of their clinics, thankfully I kept pushing mine back and never went. In this firm, it seems like everything is for show here, showing off money, being downtown, talking about purchasing expensive items and spending money; the lawyer likes to play a little game where you guess petty things and can win money if you’re right- how about pay your employees a more livable wage for the cost of LIVING in Austin. The office is mostly full of female employees, the men that work here seem to rule the roost. Because the men have “worked hard” they can roam the halls spending half hour to an hour or more wasting time talking - more...
Pros
taco Fridays, Pto
Cons
No work/life balance, favoritism, sexism, micromanaging, boring work, low pay
KRW is a great place to work for those who work hard
I would recommend KRW if you are looking for a solid place to work. Management is relaxed and flexible and never breathing down your neck, if you do your job. Even though it is a law office, there is not a super strict dress code. (I wear jeans almost every day) Plus you get a ton of time off and nice perks like 401k matching. You even get your own office.

The thing is though, they give you all these perks in the expectation you will do your job and you will do your job well. People who slack off do not typically last long here. They are also not big into letting you work from home, unless you have a really good reason or you have been with the company for a while. But to be fair, they do make the office as comfortable as possible to encourage you to work in the office.

If you come in and do your job well day in and day out, you will even get a nice bonus at the end of the year and most likely a raise. And that is kind of the theme at KRW, they notice who works hard and rewards those people according. If you want to do well for yourself at KRW, you need to be a hard worker.
Best Employers Ever
A typical day at work would be handling client intake, spending majority of the my time on the phones handling clients and potential clients. It is a very family oriented environment, which I value. I also value teamwork, so when other coworkers are out of the office, I can assist and handle their duties if need be. When I first was interviewed and heard their benefits, I said to myself this is too good to be true. After getting the job and working for KRW and meeting other employees, from client intake to upper management, I still tell myself daily, this job is too good to be true. Everyone has been so wonderful and helpful. It takes a lot of dedication and a special kind of person to do the job we do. Employers who value their employees deserve dedication and 110% effort in all aspects. Lastly, my favorite, they value the balance of work and family time. I have worked at good places before, but KRW is by far the best. I am truly thankful and blessed to have landed a position at KRW and look forward to the future and continued employment with my KRW family.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Hours, Pto, We are a TEAM! Family environment, Helpful coworkers and supervisors.
Cons
None.
Strongly recommend
This company has been amazing to me for the past 5 years. From the moment I started they trained me well and the supervisors were always willing to listen.

I started with the company as a assistant and have made my way up throughout my term with KRW.

They have always treated me fairly and have given me the resources to become a better employee.

The benefits are hard for other companies to beat, which is a huge bonus. The staff (supervisors/attorneys) all treat you like family and truly do care about the employees and their development.

I would recommend anyone to this firm who is willing to put in the effort to train and learn. KRW will show you that your work is well noticed and appreciated.
Pros
Benefits, supervisors, growth
Great establishment
Been at the firm for 6 years. Wonderful place to work, great company and environment. The supervisors all listen and make sure that all employees are always in a position to win.
Very fast paced in the Asbestos Division but I liked it!
I was employed with KRW for a short time as Client Intake Specialist. It takes a certain person to do this type of job. If you don’t like being on the phone to assist prospective clients and have patience then don’t waste their time. I enjoyed working with everyone and there is someone that is always willing to help. It is family oriented and the pay/benefits are good. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Horrible Place to Work
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. The culture is horrible. They management is trash! They are a bunch of unorganized entitled people who treat their employees as such. They start off very nice and making you feel like they rrally care and then once youve been there for a month or so their true colors start to show. They are unfair and they show favoritism. They fire people at the deop of a dime without any warning and then they talk bad about after you leave. They talk bad about the clients they have also. They are a group of very petty childish people and it shows. They are very biased and the HR is a joke. She isnt even qualified to do the job. Shes late everyday. Always in the bathroom doing makeup in the lornkngs when shes supposed to be available in her office. She is a snake. As are most of the other people who work there. Tragic company, typical corporate america. Do not waste your time with this place.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Everything else!
A workplace environment that makes it enjoyable to come to work each day
KRW is an incredible company to work for. The workplace environment is fast-paced, challenging, and encouraging -- I am constantly surrounded by a team of individuals who are more than willing to help when help is needed. My experience with HR--from the hiring process to basic everyday questions--has been wonderful, as they make it very clear that I am heard and respected as an employee. Communication with management is open, prompt, and the family values inherent in this company can be seen in every interaction between employers and their employees. Our benefits are competitive and perks like holiday parties, occasional lunch outings, and generous PTO demonstrate that we are appreciated at this firm.

I can honestly say that it is a joy to come in and give my best effort for this company every day.
Positive Environment
KRW showed me what a good working environment was. My team was amazing and my superviser(s) were great. We really were a cohesive team and we relied on each other to get tasks completed correctly. The environment as a whole was ideal! HR dept also was fantastic. Truly blessed to have had such a positive experience working for such a great company.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Holidays, Free Food
I worked at this firm for a little over one year. In my time there, I was treated with respect, given opportunities, and received fair wages. The environment always felt relaxed and friendly. Would highly recommend.
Pros
Occasional Happy Hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ketterman Rowland & Westlund. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3