Keuka College Employee Reviews

Good community and positive workplace
Admissions Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYJune 27, 2019
I enjoyed working in Admissions at Keuka College. The counselors were very friendly and good at communicating how they wanted us to handle the projects we were assigned.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYFebruary 3, 2019
Loved the job. Definitely was not paid enough for the requirements of the job however loved every member of resident life. The staff of the college helped me perform to my fullest potential and enjoy my job and time at keuka college
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
Poor Workplace Culter and Environment
STUDENT SUCCESS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJanuary 30, 2019
Upper management does a less than satisfactory job of making you feel valued as an employee. There is little trust and communication throughout the college. Job security is never guaranteed.
Excellent
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Keuka is a great place to work and live. it is in the beautiful Finger Lakes area. The college has excellent instructors that are committed to students.
Don't say anything the President doesn't want to hear
Manager (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYDecember 12, 2018
Fickle new management who exercise the right to work status for personal reasons.
There are many amazing, dedicated faculty and great students at Keuka College.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the colleagues who most often live locally since the college is located in a rural area. The location is on the most beautiful of the Finger Lakes.
There are many amazing, dedicated faculty and great students at Keuka College.
Pros
Faculty, Students, Staff
Cons
Low pay, no raises
Poor management but quality workers
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Keuka, NYJuly 19, 2018
The team work environment was excellent and the team intended for me to stay with an increase in work opportunities. Management, however, already had other plans.
Pros
Great team
Cons
poor management
Great Small College in the Finger Lakes
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMay 29, 2018
Keuka College is a great college to work for in the Finger Lakes, the community at the college makes you feel more than welcomed and the opportunity to learn is everywhere, I support the motto "We Believe in What We Can Do Together"
College atmosphere is fun
ADMISSIONS DATA COORDINATOR & FINANCIAL AID ASST (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMay 6, 2018
Data entry for admissions is fast paced and essential to the success, however, they always made it fun, and informative for all involved.

Brainstorming meetings proved well worth the time. When it was an all girl college enrollment was down and with team effort we manipulated data to communicate easily and efficiently 7-8 times annually to produce personal correspondence and increase enrollment. Helped to make it a COED college too.

Great staff in admissions, caring and supportive.

It was a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Window view of Keuka Lake in my office.
Cons
Parents could be impatient and anxious for the results they wanted.
desk working
Desk worker (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMay 2, 2018
I only worked at Keuka as a student employee as a desk worker. I signed people in and out of the residential buildings. My thoughts are not reflective of being staff/faculty of the school.
Nice people except for the students....
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMarch 25, 2018
STUDENTS ARE RUDE. Unless you want to be bullied all the time don't work there. I felt like i had to fight everyday to stay where i was. I finally left
Pros
Free lunches.
Fun and relaxing learning environment!
ARC OF YATES D.R.I.V.E. STUDENT PEER MENTOR (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYFebruary 26, 2018
I LOVE working with my D.R.I.V.E. students here at KC. The best part is when you see them passing by and they wave to you, give you hugs and smiles and also the relationships you gain from working with such amazing students.
The hardest part would be probably when my student is having a bad day because it is hard when you can't cheer them up.
The staff here are very enjoyable
Pros
Work study position so they will work around your classes
Cons
pay
Effective working environment BUT unproductive atmosphere
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Great environment to further develop the college's brand and image due to the high volume workload. With this as the norm, there is a high stress atmosphere that consistently pressures you to do better rather than recognition for success and what we can do better next time. Great experience in recruitment and CRM management as well as time management and project management.

Day to Day objectives: Lead campus tours ranging from individual families to 50+ member groups, as well as mass mailing.
Pros
1 on 1 Customer Experience
Cons
Treatment of employees through hierarchy
Great opportunity for educators
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYJanuary 27, 2018
Excellent accelerated program for adult learners with business experience and drive. Instructors are expected to facilitate learning in the classroom per syllabii that are provided (approved by State Regents Board).
Stay Away! (Unless you already live in the area and are desperate.)
Enrollment Manager (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Common story these days - good people working there under terrible management. There are no perks. Asking alums for money and for students to do work for free gets old. No money for professional development or raises, but plenty of money for management and their lunches, dinners, travel, parking - you name it. Expect to be laid off.
Pros
There aren't any.
Cons
Leadership (or lack of) and mismanaged resources. There's also no place to park your car.
Great place to work, however financially unstable
Administrative Assistant, Office of the President (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYOctober 31, 2017
The culture and staff of Keuka College are wonderful. The management team is lacking in financial development, leading to multiple layoffs, and no job security.
Athletics
Game Day and Event Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYOctober 11, 2017
The Keuka College athletic department is a fun place to work. Being able to enjoy sporting events almost every day is easy to get used to and working with students is usually quite enjoyable.
No comment at this time
Staff (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYAugust 29, 2017
Keuka College campus is very nice. I enjoyed working with students and faculty. Pay was fair. Work environment was professional. I was provided with a laptop to complete my work.
Field Period
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJuly 3, 2017
Keuka college requires students to complete a field period every year in order to graduate. This allows for positive experience in the students' desired field before he or she even graduates.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYApril 30, 2017
Depending on the staff that has been hired your time as a resident assistant can either make or break you. Horrible compensation for the amount of time required by the job. This job teaches you things you can never learn in the classroom.
Pros
Real life experiences
Cons
Horrible compensation
Fun Workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYApril 26, 2017
Maintains office operations by receiving and distributing communications; maintaining supplies and equipment; picking-up and delivering items; serving customers.
Pros
Gained Experience
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keuka College. Our community is ready to answer.