Key Energy Services Employee Reviews

First job in the oilfield industry
Vacuum Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lamesa, TXJuly 13, 2018
This was my introduction into the oilfield industry. Was able to receive excellent training in safety procedures, driving and was exposed to every aspect of oilfield operations
Pros
Excellent benefits, great training focusing on safety overall
Cons
Pay was not competive
Good place to learn
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Taft, CAJuly 12, 2018
This was a good learning experience, because they have a wide variety of equipment from drilling rigs to pickups. Unfortunately, oil has fluctuations and is less likely to fully rebound.
Price of Oil up and downs. Lack of work.
Driller (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 8, 2018
If price of Oil was still good, we'd still be Drilling. Safety was great, training was there. Alot of us needed better shifts, lack of time due to No wells caused alot to wait for the permits and job search. I'm job searching now for another job.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not enough wells.
Key Energy Company is a great company to work for.
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 4, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is working hard. I loved working for Key Energy because I was given more than 40 hours per week. I also was given per diem everyday.($120 per day).
Pros
per diem
Cons
work shortage
Great Job
Operations Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crane, TXJune 26, 2018
Monday through Friday 8-5 job.
Here at Key I have learned the core values of working for a larger company. Ethics, Integrity, Teamwork, Communication.
I have learned multiple skills that I know will help me be successful in future work opportunities.

The hardest part of the job, is making sure employees that I handle are satisfied and paid correctly, and making sure companies we work for are paid and handled in a professional and kind manner.
After all, the employees that work out in the heat and cold are the reason KES is up and running. So providing them with professionalism and kindness is important to do so.

The culture here at KES is very diverse, but in no shape or form dull.

The management team here is awesome, the absolute best of the best, and I could not be more satisfied with the people I have learned from.
Pros
401K, Insurance, Pto, Vacations
working at key energy
Oil Rig Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Coalinga, CAJune 12, 2018
typical work day was getting oily from the oil, standing, lifting and working with metal machinery. learned that safety is an intrigate part of the oil fields. Management was descent not great though. workplace culture was good everyone worked well with each other. the hardest part of this job was trying to stay clean and not taking that oil smell home with you, most enjoyable part of this job was payday and going home for the day
Pros
Good pay and retirement
Cons
Oily, Hot and cold environment
Lack of everything
EO (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXJune 5, 2018
not what i thought it would be to work there a lot of employees dislike working there many have left and many more to leave the yard is a joke its a mess
Pros
job bonuses were good
Cons
not enough work
Great company to work for with advancement from within
SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 28, 2018
Always learning something new with Key Energy, opportunities to work in other areas of the states to broaden your skills and to learn others.Was able to become a train the trainer due to my passed experience in the oil n gas industry and was able to use those skills to advance and gain the trust within the company.
Production and work place was great
Operations Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 24, 2018
A typical work day was very being busy. The co-workers were great and very helpful. It was great place to work. I would recommend them to others. The hardest part of the job was having to translate. My spanish is not very good.
Loved it
Accounts Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 21, 2018
Foremost, I had a great trainer at the beginning. Everything else went super smooth. We had our daily meetings, updates, feedback, input, and any gripe we may be experiencing. We had a great manager, she listened and also helped with her input. We all had our own space to do our work, as long as we did meet our deadlines there was absolutely no problems at all. I was eventually traveling to other regions training employees our new systems. So yes, there were room for improvement. We had our yearly raise (cost of living), and our normal raise. Great benefits, and perks. I love this job, I did.
Pros
Room for advancement, yearly promotion, perks, great people.
Cons
Never saw one. None.
amazing place to work
Floorhand/Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 6, 2018
Key energy was a amazing place to work. Key energy had some of the best benefits. The work environment was so great. The pay was great never missed a pay check.
Didn't have much
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 30, 2018
Management wasn't really organized and had a lot a favoritism. If someone didn't want to do a job they would put it on someone else. If they didn't want to go it either they would be told not to come back anymore.
Key
PAYROLL LEAD (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2018
Just take into account if you are not in the "click" you will not get bonus payments or raises, we have not had 401K match for the last 4 years, no raises given in the last 4 years.
Pros
Cons
see above
typical oil field job
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAApril 27, 2018
long hours, poor management, learned new skills, work was feast or famine, dangerous, had to constantly watch for other peoples mistakes, not necessarily from your own company in order to avoid deadly consequences.
Pros
work
Cons
not steady
Oil and Gas
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
Working in Oil and Gas means you will probably see a bumpy ride. Pay and Benefits were great. However, as with any Oil and Gas company be ready for layoffs in a bad oil/gas pricing market.
Pros
Cons
Promoted management just prior to bankruptcy - questionable decisions
Key energy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COApril 22, 2018
Working at Key Energy was a gamble that didn't payoff, They did not give me the hours promised, So i was not making enough money to pay for what was going on in my life at the time.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours
Bad management and always on stanby
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXApril 20, 2018
Both managers have no experience on management one was a driver at first . Before e-log they would make you work over 15 hours which they shouldn't. Trucks are not good at all. Mechanic doesn't show up sometimes to fix whatever you need when you're in the road . If you join be ready to be on standby. You canbe working day shiftand the next day night shift. I DO NOT recommend this job
Pros
Free water atleast
Sad!
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYApril 20, 2018
This company does not recognize competence or skills of its employees. Most of all the management was only interested in themselves and couldn't fathom how teambuilding could benefit them.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
the management has no business sense and they dont belong in management positions
Enjoyed my job
KeyView Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 16, 2018
Was not prepared for job to be eliminated
Enjoyed my job.
Proud of work I did to benefit the company
Made a great impact on future sales and customer relations
Productive place to work
Shop hand, Welder, Forklift Operator, Technician (Current Employee) –  Alice, TXApril 10, 2018
Good work envoirnment, fast paced, with good people to help you out. On call 2 weeks out of the month. Didn't anything about the oilfield when i was hired. Learned about hydraulics and various other skills that were required.
Pros
Flexable weekends
Cons
On call 24/7 sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Key Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

1.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight