Key Energy Services
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Key Energy Services Employee Reviews

Good place to work but the current energy market has caused alot of layoffs. Employees are nice and lots of flexibility. Laid back environment, not much growth.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Job security
The interview process was 5 star. They laid out the red carpet. They made you feel excited to work there. But it was an awful experience and generally you were very unhappy you chose to work for them. When I got hired, there was maybe 5 veterans that got hired on at the same time and we had all left within a year for much better jobs. They had very bad Managment. They would keep the worst workers that could not perform their duties because pay was not competitive for the areas. Their was zero potential to move up or even get a mediocre raise. I would advise to look elsewhere for work.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place.
Great company and great owners they help you out and have a good leadership and goals for everyone who works for their company and well respected and respect everyone who works and shows that there to help them out and help you the same way
Pros
Good safety meetings
Cons
Sometimes can stress you out and you fell stressed at work
Completion rigs and drilling rigs both sides are in the middle when it comes to pay as for the work well its oilfield if you never have done it hard to explain
Pros
Decent pay and training
Cons
Work life out of balance
Management was horrible said there wouldn’t be retaliation for reporting but as soon as something is reported they start pointing fingers and firing. Training was a joke. There was no consistency on which rig you were on always getting bounced around. If I could give it a no stars rating I would. To them your just a number.
Pros
I liked the Motus program because there pickups are way run down
Cons
Pretty much everything you could expect from a big corporation
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Work itself was not difficult. Guys are okay to work with but the way they run things is just terrible. Management doesn't care about anyone and only promote their buddies regardless of job performance or seniority so if you're looking to promote you can forget about that. Work culture claims to be safe but it goes out the window once you walk out of the safety meeting. Don't expect to trust anyone here simply work and go home.
Pros
Schedule is standard and benefits
Cons
Terrible management starting from the top guy, layoffs, lower pay
At the time when things were busy their were alot of good people who worked out of the Woodward Ok fishing yard. The downside is that they were doing it for less than everyone else in the patch, unless of course they happen to be related to management and then their pay was above average. The overall job culture throughout the company was a safety at their convenience type of attitude, using their safety program as a way to duck & dodge liability more than anything else
Pros
Good guys in the field
Cons
Nepotism, Safety at their convenience, Always behind on reimbursement of OOP, below average pay, 55-60 yours a week required in the shop when not out on a job, no overtime pay
Key energy is a company that has integrity and lives values that improve the lives of its employees. It is a highly recommended oil field services with reasonable prices to accommodate the services of its customers I would highly recommend the company’s service to the community.
Pros
Great company family oriented
Cons
N/a
If you ever have a problem with your rig and it needs or should be fixed. Good luck because management will tell you its just fine and you can work without it and thats just the start.
Great place to learn and experience the oil field life. Great people and great company. Awesome work atmosphere, they help you when ever you need help with something!
Key in all was great learning and great people only reason I left honesty oil was going down and I wanted back in equipment maintenance I had great time there
I had an ok experience there. Management was mediocre at best, but always had something to do. They put you threw school to get the proper training, so that was a plus.
● Work-life balanceMost people in the oil field work 12-hour shifts, and you there to make money. key energy was really a safe company to work for too.● Pay & benefitsThere's always a company that will pay more in the oil field.● Job security and advancementManagers are always coming and going in the oil field so do your job well and you'll be next in line for promotion.● ManagementSome old school, some new school, some bad, some good● CultureThere's a safe way to get it done, you're getting paid by the hour so do it safe not fast.● OverallKey Energy was my first job in the oil field and I think they did a great job in training the newbies. Key really promotes safety as number one, a lot of companies out there put it at number two or lower.
If you are not liked then management will treat you badly and do everything they can to run you out of the job even if you are good at the job. You get little training and written up for messing up. Management will talk about you behind your back. Not a good work environment
I work there almost 2 years pay good benefits good work where great although I got layed off cause slow work I still like job, they train within and promote, family comes first, they never left me hanging great place they are big on safety but have be work can be dangerous at times, was fun
Pros
Benefits no cost for health insurance to employees
Cons
12 hour shift some times, had work holidays
There are no repercussions for wrong doing & no reward for loyalty, dedication and hard work. No one there cares about moving the company forward, performance, ethics, policy, procedure, customer service, employee rights, etc. You're told to do more with less. They do not value good employees.
Pros
You can do whatever you want as long as you just show up everyday.
Cons
Safety is just something they talk about in meetings.
Good place to work your job task changes everyday a person can learn a lot of different tasks on oil field equipment. The hours can become a bit much sometimes.
good company to work for.they had good management.good equipment.they train new employees.Job was 2 hrs away so you had to drive 2 hours each way.we had meetings every month.they could not keep good hands.worked a lot of hours.had safety meeting every morning.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits, perdim.good wages.4 weeks vacations a week.good wages.worked safe all the time.
Cons
short breaks, health care, bonus.
I have worked for Key Energy for 15 years and 90% of my experiences with this company have been good. It has been a very flexible rewarding job for me
Poor management and to many promises. Not a good culture at all, think twice before you go. I should have.,............................................
Pros
A couple of good friends
Cons
Bad managment.
I worked 20 years for the company and through their support I was able to develop many skills and experience in all aspects of the oil field industry.