Key Food Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Slow and simple
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmingville, NYApril 8, 2018
I wasn't at all happy to work at key food. Although I still didn't job and worked well with my colleagues consistently. Work hours were inconsistent and unpleasant.
Okay Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYApril 4, 2018
Working for Key Food is not bad, but it depends on the location you get placed in. Moreover, different locations have different vibes. Each location is different.
Pros
Discounts
Exiciting and very friendly
Deli & Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYApril 3, 2018
As a deli manager with Keyfood, it was a very rewarding position. I was able to run the Deli/Bakery department as if it was my own. I grew there as a manager.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
alright place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 31, 2018
alright experience as a first job. i learned how to speck with different people and made friends here and there . The place was fair looking and easy to get you can see people enjoyed coming to store, but some did not
Awesome managers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 18, 2018
My store location had the best managers very understanding and very helpful when trying to find another job they were awesome and I will talk to them till this day. Beautiful souls I can't stress enough how awesome they were. The people you work with are cool as well everyone gets along everyone helps one another. If they paid a lot more I would love to go back the environment was just great, I loved going to work every day.
Pros
The people around
Cons
Pay was terrible
First i was working as the security than time after i was covering a vacation to a employee.
Security (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2018
Well pretty nice I'll say because everyone were treating me as family.
I learned to work faster in good ocations.
Good.
middle class.
The recicle machine and fix it.
That people treated me good.
N/a
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  224 Mcguiness BlvdMarch 13, 2018
It was good, fast paced. I worried as a cashier, sometimes even fixed anything on the shelves and assisted others when assistance was needed. Hours were flexible.
Bien
Cashier (Former Employee) –  BienMarch 9, 2018
Usar las computadoras bien es súper agradable trabajar ahí
Pros
Nada de pros
Cons
Nada
an okay job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYMarch 2, 2018
It's quite an easy job. Easy to learn how to work the register. It can get busy though. I only left due to schedule issues. Other than that it was okay.
Cons
no benefits
produce
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I Hated this job.It was my first job and it was the worst experience i ever endured.I had this job for 1 week and got laid off due to "competitive money deficits". I showed up everyday early to work and was always open on how i can improve myself as a employee and kicked out before I even got a chance to prove myself
Pros
free food
Cons
everything else about it
Key food was a nice quite place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 27, 2018
It was always too cold in the store but it was nice and quite and everyone got along. They were very understanding and compromised with my college schedule.
Great for starters.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Keyfood was the very first company I worked for. Which I have to say was a great blessing. Because if I had not gotten that cashier role, searching for other positions with companies would have been much more difficult.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
no discounts or such.
supermarket
Security and Porter (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Customers are nice. Mangers are nice but snappy.what I learned was how maintain great work ethic the harder part was cleaning the bathrooms. meeting new people was enjoyable
everyday at Keyfood
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 26, 2018
a typical day at key food: it's busy all the time, you most put back any item a customer would leave, deal with credit cards and debit cards also WIC checks. Clean your registers and putting bags before leaving the store
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
don't provide higher position
Great place to work if you don't like getting benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
It was a great job, very fast-paced, got along with a lot of the staff, however, I felt like i deserved better benefits if i was working harder than others, so I quit.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No healthcare, No paid sick days
Easy going
Cashier/ Grocery bagger (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 12, 2018
It was a great job for students. They train you in using the cash register and the environment is easy going although it can get busy on the weekends and holidays.
Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2018
The management of Key Foods relies heavily on the ignorance of its employees to achieve its goals while over working and under paying the employees. The male employees are required to do more than their assigned tasks in addition to doing portions of the job that should require a different pay scale
keyfood
Clerk, Deli Operations (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 5, 2018
The job was relatively easy and pretty laid back, however, do not expect to get the hours or pay that you had wanted. Secondly, the place is dirty and the managers do not care that the work environment is not up to par or meet basic standards.
Pros
employees receive gift cards at christmas time
Cons
work environment, pay, hours
dept manager
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYDecember 27, 2017
the store was not willing to give raises as deserving of hard work and promised. multi orders given from family that ran store,too many bosses. the culture of owners looked down at woman,did not understand how to purchase for ongoing holidays as needed for general public,treated the females much more different than male employees.store cleaning was done by all employees to save money,we all had enough to do without having to mop floors and clean toilets
Good
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 16, 2017
A typical day is answering phones, helping customers find what they need and taking customers home delivery orders. With phone orders it can be a little overwhelming especially during holidays and bad weather. This taught me to be patient and mostly management is reasonable. The hardest part is getting holidays off. The most enjoyable is your regular customers and co-workers.
Pros
Good management and co-workers
Cons
No healthcare, No paid sick days