KeyBank Employee Reviews

Good company, but was there for 8 years and worked for 6 managers. Company could never settle on a organization chart that was workable or stable.
Market Planner for the NE United States (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2018
Provided strategy recommendations on all physical properties in the retail bank channel (branches and ATMs). Used relationship management skills and communicated to 8 regional retail market leaders about their networks. Worked with consumer analytics on strategy input and financial analyses.
Pros
Work from home office
Cons
Lack of expense budget to spend time in the markets of my responsibilities.
Small City Eh Bank
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 21, 2018
It’s ok if you need the money. Just cover your ASSets. You should be fine. There’s high turn over. Hard to get promoted. Too many huddle meetings and conference calls. Like many banks they hire one person to do several jobs so expect that.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
No job security, No career growth
Great company to work for!
Fraud Detection & Risk Analysts-chargeoff (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 21, 2018
Keybank provided me with the training and confidence to move forward in my career. Great company to work for. I enjoyed the fast paced work environment within our small team. Key always recognized my hard work.
good work life balance at a good salary
Relationship Manager II (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 21, 2018
This was my favorite job. Unfortunately the department I worked in no longer exists due to government law changes. I really enjoyed the culture of the company. There were plenty of training and opportunities for advancement. Loved the flexibility of the position.
Pros
compensation
Cons
cut backs
Reasonable goals
Teller (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 21, 2018
My branch was pretty laid back. It did get robbed once. That was scary. As far as the work, it is easy and being a teller is pretty nice if you like dealing with people. They were not overzealous with their goals that they had for tellers like other banks. Your main goal was strong customer service.
Continuous learning environment. Reasonable objectives.
Supervisor Call Center, banking officer (Former Employee) –  3920 main st amherst, nyMay 17, 2018
Fun place to work. Little opportunity for advancement in the 24/7 call center. Management was agressive but approachable .very competitive team environment.
Pros
Team environment. Continuous learning environment.
Cons
Low pay scale.
Low pay but really great PTO & Benefits
Teller (Former Employee) –  Marcellus, NYMay 15, 2018
If you can make a little less it's a good steady job. The PTO is fantastic! They match 401K up to 6% and the benefits were pretty good if I remember right...
Pros
Amazing PTO
Cons
Referrals of products
productive work place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORMay 15, 2018
i enjoyed working for Key bank, a typical day would be helping customers, organizing files, up selling products, i also was a mentor which meant that i would train the new tellers when they would start with key bank. i enjoyed all my fellow team mates as well, we all helped each other and had fun as well
Pros
working with my team
Cons
working part time
Typical retail banking
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
Similar pay structure and sales goals as the larger banks. Work life balance is slightly better as you do not have to work all Saturdays. Training could use some improvements to teach systems more in depth.
Great Place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2018
Keybank is a great place to work. The environment is pretty fast paced depending on which branch you are at. The employees I worked with worked together to get through the day.
Company Is Disconnected from Clients & Employees
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 14, 2018
I have worked for KeyBank in a branch role and have found it to be extremely difficult and disheartening. KeyBank routinely asks for feedback from clients and employees but does little to implement suggestions made. Branch employees are not empowered or able to provide more than basic customer service activities (transactional & opening accounts). Systems are extremely difficult to navigate and back office support is terrible. Products and services cater exclusively to high-end clients, and provides no opportunity for financial wellness for others.
Great place to work!
Branch Manager/AVP (Current Employee) –  Essex, CTMay 13, 2018
KeyBank has brought the big bank functions with the little bank feel to Connecticut. As we grow our portfolio, KeyBank is committed to the Financial Wellness of its clients.
Prepare
Loan Shipper I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2018
Prepare closed loan files for shipping to servicer/investor by stacking proper order. Verify information on Uniform system is correct and agrees with file. Perform advanced procedure for audit and retrieval of missing information. Log in all incoming files and verify dates received. I worked from 2PM to 10PM Monday through Friday. I would arrive when others had a few hours left and I would verify their work. It would be me and the security guard from 5PM to 10PM. The break room was awesome.
Pros
Working in silence
Cons
My work schedule
Great
Teller (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 10, 2018
Working at Key Bank was quite the experience. I was able to work for around 18 different branches, so I was able to learn a tremendous amount from the different communities I worked in.
I loved working for Key Bank of Washington Proof Center
Senior Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 10, 2018
Working in such a huge proof center alongside of hundreds of others was definitely a positive experience. It was definitely face paced and challenging. Key Bank of Washington was a great place to work with the salary and benefits that are given.
Pros
Salary, benefits, management, challenging
Cons
Not for anyone, with social anxiety, or claustrophobia, due to the huge, room with, hundreds of people, and proofing, machines
Great Financial Instiution
KeyCenter Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 9, 2018
Started as a relationship banker with the company and within a few years began managing my own branch. Started at the smallest center ended up at the largest
productive and good place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAMay 8, 2018
they are focused on your production and helping you achieve your goals. Conference calls around production and everyone sharing ideas about how you can improve your branch.
clean fun professional work environment
Customer Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  6950 south transit froadMay 8, 2018
safe work environment calls came and on a consistent basis which helped to learn the field better and get more efficient with the job was hired for. other employees and mangers very helpful so that all customers are satisfied with the outcome of each call.
No work/life balance
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INMay 5, 2018
Understaffed overworked underpaid six days a week rude customers but some nice.. training was OK but very cliquish and high school-ish at that branch small minded and not what you would expect from an innovative big company - in this area not good
Very busy place
Commercial Real Estate HealthCare Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2018
Very busy, very stressful, Co-workers is nice. Management expect too much with no time to train. The pay s not enough for what is being done. There is no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Low pay, very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.