KeyBank Employee Reviews

Found 1,409 reviews matching the search See all 1,428 reviews
Key Bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJanuary 14, 2019
I left this position due to management and the high stress i was under due to the management. This was a part time position and I was miserable both at work and at home from the stress.
Professional environment that encourages individual growth and success
Trust Team Lead | Trust Officer, Vice President (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2019
Dynamic and engaging environment; guidance and training provided, but emphasis is on the individual to determine their career course and development. Focus is on the client and providing best in class service.
Great Experience
Retail Intern Internship (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2019
A typical day at work is easy going but it gets busier around lunch time and before closing. The management could be great or average depending on the branch you are working for.
Good work place
Licensed Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 11, 2019
Good salary, attainable goals, most managers are unfortunately hired from the outside, tough to attain jobs in outside lines of business but it is possible.
working for keybank was a job
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJanuary 9, 2019
i went to work on a daily basis and gave my all to working at Keybank. i am dependable, honest, flexible. i was a teamplayer, i had a good relationship with my clients and my co workers
100 the best place to work from 2008-2-14/ l.noning els.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 9, 2019
Great place to work till Our Market President .left to go elsewhere. Seems like a lot of downsizing wtih no notic begain. not much time to catch up to speed with the postion.
Great place to work part-time.
ON CALL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 8, 2019
Key Bank is a wonderful company for those in the finance and insurance realm. It is such a solid company and they stay very busy with new business. There is a lot of room for advancement here.
Pros
pay, flexibility, lots of company training
Fun place to work
Commercial Banking, Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at KeyBank. It was a stepping stone for me out of college. Great people and great clients. Would recommend working here. Not a big group in Boston.
A typical day at work
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Enjoyed working with HR and Audit groups as an enterprise information security consultant. Ability to work with other groups on projects provided a good overall view of technology.
Huron Ohio
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJanuary 7, 2019
I loved working at the Huron Ohio Key Bank, it was small, country family oriented. Everybody cared about each other. My favorite most
place to work as far as being a teller. Moved to Bremerton Washington and the Key Bank there wasn't nearly the same as Huron's. I quit the bank due to the people and the management. I'd go back to Huron Key Bank in a heart beat!
Pros
Paid holidays, great hours, benefits
Cons
N/a
Acquisition did not go smoothly
Licensed Manager (Former Employee) –  upstate NYJanuary 6, 2019
Loved the previous banking institution, Key Bank took over through acquisition and it went horrible. Lots of customer issues as well as system issues. I lost quite a number of clients due to the poor process.
Strong Mid-Western Culture
Middle Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2019
Key Bank is an Ok employer. The firm is average even though it is a Giant in Cleveland . Compensation is not the best but competitive. Kind of slow to adapt to changes but good employee in general.
Fast paced enviroment
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 5, 2019
Key is a great place to work, although I found it hard to move up the ladder. Management is very open & encouraging. The hardest part of the job is keeping up the pace on a busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the customers and the coworkers.
Pros
employee perks/reward program & dicounts on loans
Cons
They don't offer enough training to move up in the company
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 4, 2019
This was by far the worst company I have ever worked for. There was little management support & miscommunication on compensation. The manager was verbally abusive & threatening in their management style.
Pros
My peers were enjoyable towork with.
Cons
Healthcare wasn't that good compared to the industry
Great bank to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Great bank to work for. Enjoyed my time here. Very fast paced and stressful at times, but worth the time invested for the knowledge and experience gained.
My Employment at Key Bank
VP, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEJanuary 2, 2019
I retired from Key Bank in 2006. I am sure that much has changed since then. Therefore, I can only comment on the years that I worked at Key.
During my years at this company, I was rewarded with a lot of upward movement. I was eager to learn and was willing to put in the time needed to advance. During most of my employment, I was in a supervisory position , ie, managing several branches as Vice President and Manager. My years at Key were satisfying and rewarding.
Pros
Recognition, upward movement and responsibility
Cons
Sales goal pressure
Worst place to work
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEJanuary 1, 2019
During my time at Key Bank it was horrible. My personal banker went to a different bank, my teller got fired, my manager went on leave. It was just me in the branch and constantly getting pressure from upper management to do better. I would put 50 hours a week to do everything and they never once said thank you for everything I did.
Cons
Not enough hours you .ight work 2 times out of 2 weeks and you get paid every 2 weeks it hard to pay your bills
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 31, 2018
Well I was thinking to get more hours it's majority 16 hours out of 2 weeks some times it's 24 hours you get paid every 2 weeks and it went from morning shift to 11 to 7 at night hard to juggle with kids
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
Nice Place to work
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2018
Worked at Key for over 20 years made a lot of good friends over the time there, co workers were more like family, hated to have to go and would return given the opportunity.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
being laid off
My first CSR in the Banking Industry
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with this company as I gained new information, and valuable experience in the Banking world. I was recognized by my Superiors to move up to become a trained Level @ CSR after my 1st year on the job. After this additional training I learned that I would be best suited for the CSR/Healthcare field where Ive gained most of my working experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight