KeyBank Employee Reviews

Found 1,316 reviews matching the search See all 1,335 reviews
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Great opportunities with Key Bank. They care about their employees, and value hard work. Management isn't stuck up and will assist you with anything as long as you're upfront and keep them in the loop.
It could be a great company with a few improvements.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 19, 2018
My training at Key was minimal, they use so many different systems in order to complete one task and they do not even train you on the most important one because they say they are getting rid of it. I was there 2 years and had to learn that particular system on my own.

The other issue is the upper management (i had an excellent branch d) it seemed that nobody knew who was in charge. The chain of command was all over the place resulting in confusion and conflict within the branches.
Pros
Employee Recognition
Cons
Chain of command, unclear operating procedures, incomplete training program.
Fun
Banking Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Good place to work, great teams and leadership from the top down. Competitive pay and good benefits. Over all would recommend as a great place for an experienced banker.
Terrible place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 18, 2018
Key Bank has zero appreciation for their employees and pushes numbers too hard with their employees leaving a lot of room for unethical behavior in the sales force that management turns a blind eye to.
productive but relaxed no stress
Adjustments Coordinator/Cash Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2018
KeyBank was an ok company to work for, Not a lot of perks for employees . It was all work, nothing in place for employee morale. No sponsored events from the company . I worked there in the 90's and at that time you had to wear professional attire (including pantyhose with skirts) Im telling my age.
Pros
banking experience
Cons
salary, no bonuses or perks
Got to competitive
AVP Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 16, 2018
The sales culture at Keybank took away the focus on employee satisfaction or customer service. Became more about sales and more sales. Bennifits are good and teams and locations are also great.
A Worse Environment than WF
Finance (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 14, 2018
This is an environment where anything goes. The 'leadership' from branch, to mid level, to upper management not only permits, but encourages unethical and unprofessional behavior. The managers will publicly mock and disparage employees that are not part of their circle, and will prevent other employees from sending them referrals for business.

In spite of everything WF did, they still had an investigations department that would look into internal complaints. Never once did HR contact me regarding my concerns, after multiple efforts to find advice.

This is the first time I have ever written a review for this site, but I do so in an effort to warn prospects to stay away. Key Bank will tell you anything necessary to hire you, only to turn 180 degrees the minute you refuse to be unethical or dishonest.
Pros
better than average pay
Cons
Everything else
One of the worst jobs
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2018
The culture of key bank was awful when I was employed there. I would not recommend working there to anyone! They are all about the dollar signs and do not care about people at all.
CREDIT ADJUSTER III/ SPEACIAL HANDLING/ PROBATE (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYSeptember 13, 2018
I started well and had opportunities to move on but was offered a different position. I worked with many people who helped me grow but we all went our own ways.
Never in a million years
Teller (Former Employee) –  Danielson, CTSeptember 11, 2018
Would I ever recommend anyone to bank here or work here. Terrible management and lack of job advancement. They pride themselves on their employees however when a new position becomes available they would rather hire externally.
I worked at the Danielson, CT branch for 6 months and even that short of a time I could not stand it anymore. Every person who walked in that door already had a negative attitude and were there to complain about another fee they were charged or how long they had to wait for assistance. We were extremely understaffed for one of the busiest branches in the region- only 2 tellers on the counter (there were 5 stations available), 1 personal banker (when there were 3 offices and 5 desks all together), and 1 manager who was never there. Some people would wait 15-20 minutes or more for service if we were in the middle of our lunch rotation- only ONE person running an entire counter and ONE person running the drive through.
The personal bankers there have to "cold call." For those who don't know what this means, please picture a telemarketer in your mind for me. That's what they do here. They generate lists from God knows where with people who live in the area's information- potential clients, and call them at 5 or 6 pm on a weeknight when they're probably eating dinner or spending time with family. They also do not use their best judgement when making referrals; because their goals are so high they're practically unattainable, they have to resort to making unethical referrals such as recommending a credit card to an elderly woman who has never used one before.
  more... They also pull reports on which clients have the most money to value them more and provide a better client experience.
Manager was very poorly trained, not knowledgeable on products or policies, and showed favoritism to one employee in particular. She was never in the office and liked to micromanage. Once she made me go home without pay to get MY NAME TAG.
I got an award for their version of employee of the month. It was great, I got a bag of goodies, a card, and a $200 incentive to spend online off their rewards site. It was all glamorous and generous until I found out that management and human resources FAILED to mention to me that they were going to be reporting it as income and i was taxed DOUBLE. The paycheck I got that week ended up being LESS than what it usually was by almost $200. I was so livid.
And lastly i will mention that as a teller i was thoroughly overworked, performing teller, banker, head teller and management duties on a daily basis. I never once received a bonus or a raise (not to mention they actually "don't do raises") for this extra work i was putting in. When i said i was interested in a banker position, the regional director (my managers' boss) gave me a list of things that i needed to do to get promoted (one of these was to obtain employee of the month, and another to be the highest in sales)- i successfully busted my butt and achieved everything on his little list, then when i applied for the position they didn't even give me the courtesy of telling me that i didn't get it. For weeks and weeks on end i had to watch my manager interview EXTERNAL applicants when i hadn't even gotten an answer yet.
It was at that point that i realized i was being taken advantage of and being used for my intelligence and work ethic. They were okay with me doing all the work but not with raising my pay.

GET IT TOGETHER KEYBANK.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Too many to even list
Poor Management
Branch Manager / Officer (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MASeptember 11, 2018
I believe there are some faults in leadership in my experience with the company which resulted in low morale and a less than enjoyable work environment.
Difficult environment
Senior Teller (Backup to Lead Teller) (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 11, 2018
The systems & programs were difficult to navigate and cumbersome. Policies and procedures were complicated and not in the best interest of our clients or staff.
Loan goals were made difficult to obtain by fact that the processes were not clear to staff or client, turnaround time was ridiculously long and frustrating for clients.
Fun place
Business Speciali (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 10, 2018
always a party going on, plenty of people to meet and greet. Great managers who work with you
busy phone lines though, people from all over
hardest part of the job was adhering to WFM while juggling the phones
good job to work for
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
i loved helping people. salary was good and benefits family orientated. ran the branch, customer service skills, sales training compliance. dealt with customers. complaints new accounts
Good Starter job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYSeptember 9, 2018
Very repetitive, no over time, very strict on hours, nothing to do other than look on the computer, you have alot of customers that you see everyday that do the same thing, you do get alot of experience dealing with cash
Profession yet laid back environment
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MISeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at Key Bank. The team worked well together and we did have fun. I believed this rubbed off on our clients and they enjoyed their visits to the financial center.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Can't think of one.
great company
Closer/Processor (promotion) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2018
this company allowed me to grow within 6 months, they believed in work life balance, the co-workers were happy, and they believe in company gatherings
Great Hours
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 8, 2018
Customers are mostly awesome. Coworkers have been great and pay is finally at a good rate. It can be hard to find a M-F job that gets you home at a decent time but banking is perfect for that. And all federal holidays off is awesome. Works out well with kids. Branch managers have been mostly great but upper management from there is a little scattered, to say it nicely. Short staffed a lot and no one come in to help. Have worked many times a full 9 hour day without a break or lunch because of this
Pros
Customers and coworkers
Cons
short staff
just ok
Teller, PT (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYSeptember 5, 2018
Key was an ok job. Wasn't anything special. The lowest people got the worst treatment. There was so much inconsistence information and treatment between branches really makes your job hard.
Pros
some nice co workers
Early career stop - good leadership
HR BUSINESS TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 3, 2018
I held two different positions at Key which positioned me for success in a large corporate financial institution. I met lots of great individuals here and had an opportunity to learn and grow in my positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss