KeyBank
57Below average

KeyBank Employee Reviews

United States1,822 reviews
Found 1,822 reviews matching the search
Love working and servicing my customers also working with staff. Should pay there employee more.
Also giving employee more off time off with family. And paid time off when sick.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Managers don’t care
I enjoy my job as a teller. The starting pay is good and they give raises. You start with 15 paid vacation days. Very good company to work for. They offer quarterly bonuses and incentives to do well in addition to your pay.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lots of continued learning
As a contractor for Key Bank and eventually Trainer, I loved the flexibility and support from Management. If my division hadn't been transferred to a different company I would probably still be there.
Pros
Pay and Hours
Cons
Being a Contractor
My time at KeyBank started off well, it really seemed like a wonderful work environment, & some ways it still is. But at least from my experience, managers pick favorites & treat them exceedingly well, & cast a blind eye when they're doing something that they shouldn't be doing. It seems like there are little cliques everywhere within teams. If you're not in with them, you get treated poorly or are looked down upon. When approaching management about these issues, nothing seems to get resolved well, or at least not for long. The problem may lay within my own area of the bank, I cannot speak for the other departments and divisions, but I will say my mental health has been suffering greatly as a result of how I've been treated. They don't seem to care about the quality of your work either, just the quantity. So when you try to work faster, mistakes are bound to happen, and you get scolded for those as well. The productivity based calculator system is a joke and you can't seem to get ahead no matter what you try.
Pros
Benefits are very nice, some schedule flexibility is offered if they find your numbers to be strong enough
Cons
Hard to meet production needs because the numbers you are graded upon are inaccurate, managers favor certain employees, upper management only cares about numbers, team cliques make you feel unwelcome and poorly
This is the worst company you could work for. They do not care about customers or employees. They do not follow the laws in any way. The only guarantee is you will be treated in the worse possible way.
Pros
not working there
Cons
working there
Leave a review. Help people like you.
KeyBank continues to provide an environment where you're able to feel comfortable. They're providing solutions to their employees and their customers on a daily basis.
Work and life balance is fantastic and the pto is exceptional but the constant daily pressure on calls and making insane sales goals can be a lot and wear down an employee under tight micro management
Pros
Schedule and pto
Cons
Sales pressure
Don’t to it if you want to be a Float Teller. Each bank has their own way of doing things. Which is very confusing. Training is bare minimum, only 3 days worth, then put onto the floor, you don’t feel confident. Other tellers are great they will help you along the way but it’s not enough. Management makes it worse, they will write you up for things that wasn’t told in training, certain amount of money in your drawers
As a lead teller I was excited for the opportunity to have this role. Sadly, office gossip and co workers who behave poorly ruined the experience for me and made going to work a chore. Management is focused on the behavior of some and not of the ones who really should be coached! Feeling like you are walking on egg shells is never a good thing. I would not work for this company again and I am glad I am no longer working there. If I had a question it was more often than not ignored, the training is not good either. Very bad experience.
Great company, they care about you. Good incentive program. Great pay. I love the people I work with. Company changes appropriately with market changes to stay current and fresh.
I like put it only seasonal but some of people was weird but it nice experiences but the job wasn't hard but you have stand up all night but it was fun
Unique place to work very diverse a great learning experience would recommend to family and friends to work there and or bank with key a very outstanding job
Honestly, if it wasn't for my co-workers I probably would not have stayed the 2 years that I did. I started as a teller and ended up being head teller. I was promised pay raises along the way that either took forever or never happened at all. On less than $10./ hr. how can a co. like Key Bank expect an employee to be responsible for the entire contents of a vault?? That also included many safe deposit boxes which contain God knows what?? No Thanks, I'm out!! Best wishes future employees!
I loved my job and there were opportunities for advancement as well as small perks that came up. The location that you work at does play a huge role in my opinion.
Pros
Flexible, opportunities to advance
Cons
Management can be hit or miss
I guess if you're friends with the right people or live in the right city, you can move forward. All the best work given to people at the corporate offices in Cleveland.
Of all the places I’ve worked in my life, Keybank is the most fair, kind, and loyal company. If they were in the state I lived in now if work there 100% guaranteed. The benefits are amazing, my teams were always family conscious and great at helping me progress and accomplish my goals. I love Keybank so much that I kept my banking with them even though I moved to a different state.
A good company to work with!! They pay you well . Manager and upper management really cares for employees. Training was fairly well. Enjoying working.
Company hires great people but they get burned out rather quickly. In less than one year I have seen 7 managers in my area turn over. The company lacks proper training, onboarding, clear chain of command and resources to do ones job. their systems are archaic as are many of their client policies. Profit ALWAYS comes before people. If you are looking for just a job to come to, do your work and go home, this is the place for you. However, if you want to build relationships, feel valued, gain skills to grow your career, go elsewhere.
you must be able to do time management, you get pulled away from what you are working on and the systems are not user friendly. I do enjoy the employees i work with.
I learned a lot working for KeyBank and I benefited a lot from it. I am however ready to move on for I am not finding myself happy at work due to an everyday routine. I am ready to be more engaging with clients and co workers as well.
Management is condescending. There is little room to move up. They would rather hire from outside of Key before within. Don't get enough days PTO. You're working the same hours as bankers and Managers and get a week less in sick time. Too many responsibilities for the amount they want to pay. Banker's do not want to pull a drawer to help out tellers. Part time tellers only get 20 hours so keep doesn't have to supply health care. Doesn't seem like any one takes those 20 hour positions seriously. We are always understaffed! The 1st and the 3rd are the worst! I barely get to a take a lunch when we are busy. I have a new manager to the company, he doesn't know anything and doesn't even seem like he cares to know. All he does is walk back and forth with a cup of coffee all day. This is a horrible job, do not apply here.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight