KeyBank Employee Reviews

Found 1,368 reviews matching the search See all 1,387 reviews
Great Place To Work
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Key Bank. I had opportunities to work in different offices and rotated working weekends. The management was friendly and attentive. I started off as a part-time employee and worked my way to full-time. I would recommend working here and I would go back to this job if the position and pay was offered.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Travel to other offices
Communication skills. Accounting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYNovember 19, 2018
Communication between customers.
Excellent customer service.
Management helps customers to manage their money.
Giving advice.
Heavy workload when it's a busy day.
Pros
Accounting
Cons
Heavy workload
Productive sales oriented job
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  East Amherst, NYNovember 15, 2018
8:30am-5pm
Customer interaction on daily basis. Sales goals required. Customer service was a great experience. Being able to work with customers and help them felt great. Great coworkers we worked well as a team. Hardest part was trying to attain goals. Best part of the job is being able to assist customers.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
healthcare
National Sales folks are arrogant, talks down to employees.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PANovember 15, 2018
Key Bank expects all lines of business to refer to other partners. Expects Mortgage Lenders to be in branch every day versus out developing relationships with Agents
Pros
offer typical benefits
workplace culture
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 15, 2018
Management is very nice at keybank. They always modivate their own empoyees looking forward to promote them fast and quickly. Good placed to work for. always employees top prioty .
terrible management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2018
the hours were okay, but not what I wanted. I was pushed every day to sell credit cards or some kind of checking account. the branch I worked at was kind of hidden and it was very slow, with no customers. and the only customers that came in would reject my offer to sell them anything. so if I didn't sell anything for the day or the week, I would get yelled at and told I need to try harder.
Pros
non
Cons
sales
Productive and Fun Environment
Personal Banker Hire Ahead (Current Employee) –  Saugerties, NYNovember 15, 2018
Great work/life balance with much opportunity for growth. Fabulous help all around when needed and management always there to help you succeed. One of the best places to work.
Each project managed for Key was well run and delivered on-time and at or below cost.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHNovember 11, 2018
I have worked at every Key Bank facility in the the Greater Cleveland area. Each area was very well run and a great place to work.

Project Delivered for Key Bank:
1. Military Lending Act
2- Boat and Yacht Loans
3-3 new Middleware Processes
4-Call Center Projects for 3 Call Centers
5-Instant Credit Card Project
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Nice people and supervisors, communication lacking.
Insurance Specialist Ii (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 5, 2018
There were some really good things about Key and some not so good. I think the communication could have been a lot better but overall the people were very nice overall. I felt like there was no where for me to move upward with my skills and my circumstances changed so I needed to do that financially.
Pros
Nice people, direct supervisors were very flexible.
Cons
Lack of communication, favoritism with some managers.
Exciting and fast paced work environment.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Monticello, NYNovember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working for Key Bank. It allowed me to use the skills I have obtained through my work experience. It was a challenging, but rewarding work environment. There were times where working as a team was more important, but having the ability to work alone as well.
nice enviroment
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 3, 2018
this was a nice place to work, I did have to travel some for hours, which I wasnt aware of at time of hire. Branches I worked in were very slow paced.
Loved it until I got a new boss. Dud.
VP-Key Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYNovember 2, 2018
I loved my job at Key until they changes the regions around and I lost my boss and the new supervisor is awful. He is non-responsive. He really doesn't get to know his employees. He promoted a manager with limited experience and it will backfire soon. I make great money, but it is hard and challenging.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Inexperienced Manager
Productive and skilled workforce.
Commercial Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OH 44144October 30, 2018
A typical day a KeyBank consisted of reviewing loan documents for accuracy and completeness. The work environment was comfortable and my co-workers were easy to work with.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
It was difficult to communicate with management in a meaningful way.
Not ideal for external hire managers
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 25, 2018
Bankers and tellers are trained and shadow someone until they are proficient; managers are thrown in the fire and expected to produce and lead, with little to no guidance on Key policy or day to day tasks. I asked leaders in certain areas such as Small Business and Key @ Work for help, and never received a response, but would get chastised in conference calls when we didn't meet goals. Speaking of conference calls, we average six conference calls a week, sometimes as high as ten - rather than being able to learn or lead my group, I had to sit in my office many hours a week listening on what needed to be done. Waste of time to have that many!

My area leader was nice to me, but I saw her interact with one of my under performing employees, and she was condescending and demoralizing. She also called out her disappointment with another branch manager in front of everyone on a conference call - that manager told me how embarrassed she was by that. Not a positive or encouraging environment. That was when I had enough and decided to leave.

Systems are complicated, slow and cumbersome, and you have to access multiple systems to get most things outside of a teller transaction completed.

SVP is rigid, old-fashioned and lacks empathy. We can't even decorate or dress-up for holidays, men have to wear ties. Not a big deal, but makes Key unwelcoming and stiff. Small changes here would make work more enjoyable and help with turnover, which is very high at Key.

I've worked in banking for almost 20 years, and Key is all about micro-management, high stress, complex daily tasks
  more... and structure, rigidity and being resistant to change. I walked in thinking they had a more holistic approach to productivity and meeting client needs, but it's still a bank. Employees are expected to produce, produce, produce, but aren't given the appropriate tools and training to succeed. Most of my staff didn't know how to do many things, and two had been there for over a year.

Invest some money in bandwidth and updating/condensing your software. Loosen up on old-fashioned ideas of banking, allow your staff to express themselves and be creative. Create a more supportive and interactive training program for external hire managers. Your retention will increase, staff will be happier and productivity will go up.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
No support, unrealistic amount of daily work and goals, complicated systems, competing priorities
good pay, but it is earned
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 25, 2018
A typical day at Key bank is more or less no different than any other big bank. You go in, make sales calls, service clients, avoid work drama, then head home. The workplace culture is a sales first atmosphere instead of client first with a heavy emphasis on bureaucracy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a long lending queue that is days long before even looking at an application and having to explain to a client that a mortgage will take double the time to process than almost any other bank because they don't know how to hire underwriters. The enjoyable part of the job is when you can help a client in a dire situation, no better feeling.
Pros
Good pay, get to help people
Cons
Lack of responsible management and lack of underwriters
Encouraging and great culture
Teller (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 23, 2018
I don't recall having any personal issues with anything related to KeyBank. The culture is very collaborative and the goals are manageable. There is great opportunity to grow with the company, but you need to be highly qualified or have good networking skills.
Everyone is willing to vouch for you as long as you keep up your work ethic. They take extremely good care of their employees and show their appreciation in actions as well as gifts (points towards products or cash cards)
Some companies you work for, you truly feel like peasant to the kind, but at KeyBank I can confidently say I'm treated with dignity and respect and I truly feel I'm valued as an employee and person.
Pros
Bank hours, work-life balance
Cons
Customer service impacted by clients who are dissatisfied with policies, but that's all I've got.
Customer care
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 22, 2018
I was young and apprecitae this job giving me a chance. I was injured in a car accident and they supported me. I reccomend this job to anyone starting out
Great Company
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHOctober 22, 2018
Great pay with this company, however it is a bank and banks go through many changes. Working here is like working for any corporate employer. There will be back biting and shady things going on and a lot of nepotism. However, if you're a person that keeps to themselves and work hard, you'll do well. There's a lot of opportunities to learn new things here.
Call center was great
Online Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 21, 2018
I loved working for Key and I learned a lot from them while working there. This was one of my favorite employers to date. Call center experience and branch experience may differ.
Nice enviroment to work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHOctober 19, 2018
Working at Keybank is better than my last few jobs. The people I work with are very nice and we'll help each other out and work together as a team. This is the best decent job.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, Productive environment, Friendly coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight