KeyBank Employee Reviews

Typical corporate environment.
Sr. Business Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2018
Loved looking at different loan packages every day. Made the job different daily and no monotonous. Got to go on appointments outside the bank to meet perspective customers to discuss there needs or the Bank needs/expectations.
Pros
Great benefits
Enjoyable but Repetitive Work
On Call Teller (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, NYMarch 20, 2018
A very enjoyable work atmosphere but constantly doing the same tasks. This sometimes leads to a very boring day and just the feeling of being burned out.
Excellent company to work for
Lead Teller Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 19, 2018
Key Bank has been an excellent company to work for for the past 24 years. I have had many different positions in the bank including: Lead Teller, Banker, Relationship Manager, & Branch Manager.
I was hoping to retire with Key Bank, but unfortunately, I am having to relocate to San Antonio, TX.
Not recommended
Mortgage Banking-Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 18, 2018
Look elsewhere, not a well-run company. Processes implemented do not even compare to other banks and competition. Input from experienced employees is not considered. Standard 2% raises regardless of profits or tax breaks. Healthcare is either pay a small mortgage per check or pay half a small mortgage per check and pray you never get hurt because it covers nothing.
Project oriented environment
IT Business Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 17, 2018
Each day started with meeting to clear up any questions from the previous day and to update tracking of these items. Then we meet with various lines of business to clarify requirements. Workplace culture was that of a large IT department of a software firm. There was occasional stress. The hardest part of the job was coordinating and following instructions and requirements from the bank to offshore resources. Most work was done over WebEx. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with professionals who obviously had done similar projects.
Pros
Free parking, living expenses, and onsite banking and cafeteria.
Cons
Due to matrix management, it was hard to keep up with schedules of key players.
To long ago =
Analysis Department Examiner (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 16, 2018
This was my first experience with computers,phones, and office routines. I enjoyed it but it did not pay well at all..................................
Pros
I learned alot
Cons
The pay was not good
I enjoyed it.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYMarch 15, 2018
I didn't like the sales aspect of the job but I did like interacting with people everyday and feeling confident in the work I was doing. I enjoyed the relationships I was able to develop with members of my community.
Poor management
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMarch 14, 2018
During my year at Key, I was without management for 8 months. Competitive and stressful culture without management in place. Key uses many outdated tools for bankers and is in need of an upgrade to keep with the times.
This is a large corporation.
Real Estate Capital Services (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 13, 2018
They will always train and help you become what ever you want to be. They have great employee perks and the ability to work from home which helps with work life balance.Unfortunately job security is a concern. There is constant restructuring, but that often comes with a large corporation.
Pros
Employee perks, endless training
Cons
constant corp restructuring
Great community-orientated bank
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTMarch 11, 2018
Nice bank to work for, days are easy with normal customers, new situations to learn about, updated training, daily morning meetings. Management is very focused on doing what is best for the clients as well as the bank. Great atmosphere with co-workers, "family" feel. Hardest part of job is not having consistent hours, otherwise very enjoyable. Opportunities to work with the community, customer and employee appreciation activities.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Not enough hours available
Good company difficult to advance
Sales Thru Service (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 9, 2018
The job can be stressful because virtually every department has a sales goal. Most supervisors are good . The coworkers were great to work with . The teamwork is excellent and good benefits
Pros
good culture good benefits
Cons
advancement diificult
Highly competitive work environment that can be stressful
Personal Banker/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Valatie, NYMarch 9, 2018
KeyBank is you typoical corporate company. They are highly goal driven; which is good for them but bad for the workers. As the goals raise the work environment becomes much more stressful for the employees. With the Company recently going through a merger with First Niagara the staffing model has been chaos. Many areas are understaffed; and that cause major problems with customer service.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed the management at Key Bank, and the culture. The downsides to the job are dealing with clients and a high pressure sales environment. Overall I would suggest working at Key to a friend.
Pros
Company is great to work for
Cons
Customer service, high sales pressure
Not a bad place to start
Quantitative Team Leader- Credit Modeling (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 6, 2018
KeyBank is not a bad place to start if you are acquiring skills and experience. The best way to earn a promotion or a raise is to quit, go to a competitor, then return to Key.

They are too busy chasing external talent and not concerned enough about keeping and developing their own talent.
Great Company
Retail Banking Intern (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Key Bank as a summer intern. My co-workers were helpful and pleasant. I learned a great deal about banking and working with customers.
Good work environment
Fraud Specialist VI (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHMarch 5, 2018
Decent place to work depending on the department you are in. Most managers are understanding and are willing to help you get through the job but others could care less. Pay is good, health insurance is horrible, 401k is excellent.
Pros
401k and Pay
Cons
Health Insurance
it was a job
Teller - Accept (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 4, 2018
I needed a job and banking hours are amazing. now i am just filling in for the minimum. Key bank is alright but it just just depends on the branch you work at.
Key Bank
Licensed Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 1, 2018
This is the worst Bank to work for
Everyone in there quits so you left there to do everything
Their system is completely outdated and not even useful or efficient
You do everything in the branch that you get pull all over directions and is not able to do your main job
Lots of promises but not easy or able to reach the goal
Some good some bad
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2018
some of the managers were absolutely useless and others great leaders it was really hit and miss. pay was decent but constant layoffs. cant depend on keeping your job
Pros
downtown
Cons
layoffs
Hit & Miss
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 27, 2018
Depends on the team and the branch you work for, it could be great or it could be horrible. I was a float teller so I had some experiences working for an awesome team, and the rest were just toxic managers that were out to get each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.