Keymark Corporation of Florida Employee Reviews

Unorganized
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 13, 2018
I learned that you have to figure out and create your own system of doing things with little guidance.
Management is located out of state.
The workplace is unique with an extremely diverse staff.
The hardest part was poor communication within the whole company.
I most enjoyed creating the new friendships
Backwards thinking management and poor accountability
Paint Prep (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYAugust 13, 2018
Many department heads only think about their own image with upper management, and disregard employee opinions. Employees are not guaranteed much time off, due to a high turnover rate. Discipline is poorly handled, and is usually disregarded altogether. Facilities are poorly maintained.
postive place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 27, 2018
when your having a bad day or maybe not filling like yourself this company notice you so they take time out to get their employees right. its like one big family
A very hot and dirty job
Foreman aluminum extrusion (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYDecember 4, 2017
I would start my day setting what dies i needed to run and make sure i had what was needed to do this.I learned how to manage time and material to be efficient at the job.Ceos were great my supervisor was hard to please.Good place just too many hours.The hardest part of my job was the heat.The best part was the people.
Pros
I learned time management
Cons
Dirty and hot plus long hours.
This company is losing a lot of people because of raises
Saw Operator pressoperator crane operator heat (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 6, 2017
I've been with this company for a long time and only making 1192 an hour. I can run the press that makes the metal the head stretcher with stretches the metal straight and also saw operator cut and packing metal and useing a over head crane. Ive trained 100s of people and been over looked for management because favoritism
Cons
They dont care if you get a break we have to work 12 hours straight
its a job
Supervisor/maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 2, 2017
needs better management, can get all the hours that you want. they are always short staffed. advancement can be quick due to the high turn around.
fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYFebruary 9, 2017
hard job if you have problems with breathing or lifting heavy objects. the fumes are bad on paintline. but overall good job and good pay.
Not a good enviorment for professional growth.
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 18, 2016
The environment was extremely toxic. I would never recommend this company to anyone. This organization places profits over moral and treats everyone like they're expendable. The C.O.O. of the company is extremely rude and selfish. Ask anyone with tenure and they have no problem explaining their displeasure. I'm actually upset that I didn't move on sooner.
Pros
Really hard working employees.
Cons
Horible management and moral.
Horrible Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 9, 2015
They do not take care of their employees ,you don't have ice machine Water fountains don't always work ,Don't always get Breaks And you have to do 3 Jobs or 2 if some one calls out You don't get Bonus like they say when you get Hired ,Never once did I get I .
Pros
You work Hoildays
Cons
Helth care sucks
Decent work place
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYJanuary 6, 2015
teamwork was key and it wasn't all that easy of a job. Poor management wasn't good at all.
Pros
money
Cons
make your own breaks
very boring work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYDecember 23, 2014
The work i did at keymark was always repetitive and never changing the work conditions were horrable i would not work here again if there were no changes but my coworkers were fun to work with i got along with all of them which is something that is important on any job
Pros
awesome co workers
Cons
Short breaks and lousy pay
Having a job and getting to work out at the same place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYDecember 12, 2014
A typical day at work started at 5 am. I would walk through the door, punch in and go straight to my station. I worked on the packing line and working in that particular station, I was doing a lot of lifting pushing bending and twisting. It was like a workout while working with aluminum.

What I learned is that there are many different types of aluminum and they require to be packed differently.

honestly, the management sucked. The new "co-owner", if he didn't like the way his aluminum was packed he would tear open the pallet and make you re pack it while he was standing over your shoulder.

i loved my co workers, we all had alot of fun talking and working and talking about where we were raised and family traditions.

The hardest part of the job was being motivated enough to be pumped up and ready to work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was it was like working out in a gym like i mentioned at the top of this review: bending , lifting, twisting pushing and pulling. It was like getting a full blown work out with out going to the gym.
Pros
checks were given half hour before lunch
Cons
very short breaks
Good Company Structure
Packing, Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Fast paced work environment, every day is a positive learning experience in the dept. Management meeting every morning.
Continuous communication on safety. Coworkers were good, friendly and knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job is when equipment fails, most enjoyable part of the job was satisfaction of accomplishment.
It was a good place to work
Paint Line/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fultonville, NYSeptember 20, 2014
There is a lot of lifting and manual labor. It is a lot of fun though the people are nice and the work is set at a steady pase.
• Directed production and ensured quality to meet customer and company standards. • Provided superior customer service in fast-paced environment. •
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 18, 2014
• Provided superior customer service in fast-paced environment.
• Adeptly operated computers and measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, squares, and measuring tapes.
Understanding Shipping Of Metal Materials
Shipping and Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYJune 4, 2014
Was an enjoyable work environment, task at hand was to make sure that all metal products were stacked and ready to be shipped out to the proper shipping dock. Learned how to keep shipping area well organized and placed in the correct and orderly fashion. There weren't any hard parts about the job is was simple to handle and understand.
about my job
Press Operator, Headstretcher, Pitman (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYFebruary 8, 2014
ran a press that pushed out metal used for buliding..also watched as it was being cut then tranfered to another table...also streched the metal to spacific numbers,,

Comment – October 4, 2016

I am sorry to hear that you had such a poor work experience at your previous employer. Unfortunately, you have posted your review on the wrong company page. We are KeyMark, Inc. based in Liberty, SC and provide ECM software solutions. Would you mind deleting your comment so that it does not negatively impact our recruiting efforts.

Privatly owned Extrusion company.
Manager - Die Engineering and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYJanuary 28, 2014
The owner and the management team care about their employees and customers.
Cons
Isolated in upstate NY
enjoy the work
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYSeptember 26, 2013
*running the crane
*work ethics
*co-workers there are wonderful people
*the hardest part is making sure kno one gets hurt
*the most enjoyable was running the crane
Fast pace and stressful.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 9, 2013
A typical day at Keymark. At shift change check all areas for all staff members and the operators have the color schedule. You soon learn changes come very quickly. The hardest part of the job is to inform everyone of sudden changes to control confusion. The daily challenge is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keymark Corporation of Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

Keymark Corporation of Florida Reviews by Location